ToA - Do we want the "broken" release?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
In my opinion we should take a stance towards this as the player community.

I think kmost of ppl would like to have rather the "fixed" ToA than the totally unbalanced one. Right :confused:

We could try to gain attention by writing to rightnow and asking about it, to pressure GoA not to release 1.67 bu 1.68 with it?

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
i'd prefer to delay toa for as long as possible, but the release dates been set now, wheels are in motion etc so i think it will be very hard to stop. Its just so typical that this patch is the most balanced daoc has ever had and then they throw toa in and unbalance it all :p

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
In my opinion we should take a stance towards this as the player community.

I think kmost of ppl would like to have rather the "fixed" ToA than the totally unbalanced one. Right :confused:

We could try to gain attention by writing to rightnow and asking about it, to pressure GoA not to release 1.67 bu 1.68 with it?

Don't mind, myself. I'd rather start working on MLs and artifacts now than wait...

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
They've also nerfed a lot of the encounters in 1.68 so will be easier to get certain artefacts/drops before then :)

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Naetha said:
They've also nerfed a lot of the encounters in 1.68 so will be easier to get certain artefacts/drops before then :)

yes, most probably. BUt it would cause frustration a lot wouldnt it? to get an uber item which isnt uber soon anymore? And what about making all those sets of items?

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I want to wait to 1.68, TOA is way to broken atm

can someone post the email that you should send to and we all mail them.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
I'd rather have fixed TOA.. not like it demands much translation anyways, it's just a load of tweaked numbers.

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
Brilliant idea - why patch to an uber bugged version of TOA

we should log rightnows and go straight to fixed TOA version imo.

even if it means waiting for another month.

elf out !

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Its more than likley Mythic will still be sorting out the ToA related bugs, nerfs, fixes, etc past 1.68 and probably well into the .70's so personally i'd rather not wait because i really don't see any point.

Best things for people to do is read the patch notes and if they see that 'Item X' will be or has been nerfed to a point where you don't want it, then don't get it.

However, i would like to know what GoA plans to do about any possible Trial bugs which may pop up. Don't have much faith in RightNow after waiting over 3 months to get my Hunter epic reset (still waiting :eek7: )

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's better that we start working on the ML:s asap. If ppl are smart they w8 with SC, templates etc for later patch, and just focus on getting through the ML:s for now, as I understand it will take some time.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:
I think it's better that we start working on the ML:s asap. If ppl are smart they w8 with SC, templates etc for later patch, and just focus on getting through the ML:s for now, as I understand it will take some time.
Indeed... I've made myself a cheap PvE template (aka Epic + RoG drops) for actually doing ML's and getting my Artifacts. I'll be keeping my current setup in my vault for when I fancy a bit of RvR for a break, and will make a new SC setup after 1.68 when I'm actually able to confirm the stats on the items I intend to use!

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, give ToA, kill the zergs for a few weeks :) even thats worth it for a gimp expansion...

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
They definitely should delay the release untill TOA is fixed, its pure idiocy to release 1.67. But when talking about goa the worst thing will probably happen.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
<---- wants a delayed fixed version of ToA alllso :)

/sendt request to rightnow

Worth giving it a shot anyhow Im shure GOA can figgure smt out :)

Dole

Fledgling Freddie
Kokelimonkelmedisin said:
/sendt request to rightnow

Worth giving it a shot anyhow Im shure GOA can figgure smt out :)

What's the e-mail adress please?
Silly Rightnow isn't working properly :twak:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Can GOA stop it at this point though? I would have thought they would have alot of commitments and things already in motion. I would be reallly impressed if they did hold it back considering that Mythic have basically said it's fucked the game up... but really guys I doubt it happens. $$$ etc...

you could start a poll here to at least show them what we think ^^
if it matters..

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
There's no chance they could stop the release now - copies will either already have been pressed or be in production.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
they could put their asses in overdrive though and work like hell for a patch to be relased at the time TOA is launched (work overtime etc). dunno if GOA would do such a thing tho :p

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
mts said:
they could put their asses in overdrive though and work like hell for a patch to be relased at the time TOA is launched (work overtime etc). dunno if GOA would do such a thing tho :p

Even if they did Mythic are still working on 1.68 anyway, so it wouldn't make much difference (our ToA will be in 1.67 apparently)

Which would incidentally mean we'd only be 1 patch behind the yanks... though they might release 1.68 before we get ToA. I don't care enough to find out for sure in any case :D

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
get a grip people, first you are all whining that GOA isnt patching fast enough, that you have to wait too long for TOA, they you want it to be delayed.

just take a deep breath and look at the situation :
1) 1.68 isnt even finished
2) It will take even the most dedicated people a few weeks to get the number and level of artifacts to become truely overpowered. and most wont even bother since whitin a month or so we will have 1.68 and alot of the effort will be wasted
3) GOA has in the past added bug fixes from future patches to their patching, they might do this again

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
I was thinking this too last night, but to be honest as someone already said, by the time we have MLs etc things should be well on there way to being fixed. No need to delay it, since we have the advantage of 'seeing into the future', though I wonder if Mythic will pressure GOA to delay for the sake of +ve PR?

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
I say lets get the ML's, and by the time we've done 'em 1.68 will be here to fix RvR again :)

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Auriel said:
I say lets get the ML's, and by the time we've done 'em 1.68 will be here to fix RvR again :)
Exactly what we're doing on US now =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom