TOA, Artifacts, ML's blah blah blah

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed the recent feeling that people have regarding rvr and TOA. A common discussion point seems to be that people are leaving/fed up with DAOC because they feel they need to have ml10 and uber numerous artifacts to eventually get groups in rvr.

My response is . . . dog turd :clap:

I really dont think that you have to have ml10, be RR 7+ and have loads of artifacts because they aint the most important thing.

Imo intelligence of the player is equally as important, if not more so.

Sure before you come up with the counter argument 'Yeah but ml10's can . . and artifacts will . .' ask yourself this:

Would you rather have a ml 10 artifact up to the eyeballs player who knows shit all about team work etc or a low rr, few ml's player that does their job superbly? :cheers:

I'm interested in your response, but my mind is made up. Sure I'm a good realm rank, I have a few ml's and I got one artifact but I've long been rvring and have a good reputation on prydwen as a mercenary that knows his job. So I know that how I plays has gotten me grps over what I have.

So theres hope for us that do have real lives and cant get all the TOA goodies. :fluffle:

/salute

Kudro

Loyal Freddie
Would you rather have a ml 10 artifact up to the eyeballs player who knows shit all about team work etc or a low rr said:
well there is allways peeps from the other races who will be ml10 with lots of artifacts..
and that gives them a big advantage in rvr...

and no, i dont wanna play with some1 who got 15lvl 10 artifacts if he dunno how to play..

but yes artifacts and ml is needed... take a player who is playing rvr super nice (not saying he/she must be rr 8+) and give him the extra bonus from mls and artifacts = even more super...

but hey,, just dont do mls or fix artifacts if u cba.. but be ready to get owned in rvr :]

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Good player + arti's and ML's >>>>>> Good player with nada

ps ToA bite's.....

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
It's not the idea that people will be running around with ToA stuff and killing those without it..... it's about the RvR players who will fix a group using the most overpowered ToA abilities/class combination and become alot harder to kill Vs the average group.

It's going to be the same as gank squads who made class specific groups. But now you throw artifacts and MLs into the mix and come out with something unholy, which should never have left Pendragon.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
A Sorc with 25% casting speed bonus/range(10% next patch) and Mota4 >> Sorc with SI gear.

Also Master levels, a group with Det field/power font up/2 tanks with Bodyguard are going to make an assist train derail.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
My problem with toa is some of the bloody trials, where the mob is not there, its fallen thru the floor so you cant complete the trial. Happened twice :(

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Also Master levels, a group with Det field/power font up/2 tanks with Bodyguard are going to make an assist train derail.
If the other group gives you time to cast det field and power font, they've lost already ^^

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to be a split here in terms of how folks feel about ToA. For those of us with multiple 50s and no appreciable "main" the whole ToA experience (so to speak) feels like a mostly pointless persuit. I could cope to some extent if I could play MLs in a different realm and they were different but they ain't. It's bad enough to go and level a character let alone have to go and level an artifact as well. What next? You have earned the first sylable of your name please proceed to the next?

Not being negative I just think that maybe there were areas of the game that needed more attention than *more* PvE to improve RvR and to further the abilities of existing characters.

The first expansion of any FPS for example is always more maps. More tactical variations and more scenery would be welcome. Emain has looked the damn same for years for goodness sake. The same old run from AMG to MMG in Emain is pretty tiresome after a while. I'm hoping the RvR expansion does provide some more scenery and some balancing where it's due and frankly it should have been done with SI and not in the future imho.

Feel free to flame I just want a little more after all this time invested :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
For a person with several 50s ToA is a PAIN

you have to consider to "gimp" several of them cause u barely have time to make one high ml/good artis.

myself got job and real life to take care of.
sometimes off game for 2 days sometimes powergaming 2 days.

but I cant in one week advance plan to join a certain raid to get some useless ability (yes most are useless).

With the pace atm Prydwen (hib and alb atleast) are gonna die rapidly. Player amount that is.

Watching old SI movies atm just feels "old school" now.

More people will leave. still we cant tell how good the Mls will be. let alone uber artifacts.

Adapt or Die its called. but they ask u for much now.

Imagine the time it takes for a person with just 2-3 lvl 50 char to make them top notch.

wont happen in a week or two.

ToA will make us more and more pissed and then we quit.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
A Sorc with 25% casting speed bonus/range(10% next patch) and Mota4 >> Sorc with SI gear.

Regarding Bodyguard, You cannot cross-bodyguard ie the person who is being bodyguarded cannot bodyguard his/her bodyguard <if that makes sense>. Assist trains will adapt to this ability pretty fast, will take time but still, and of course pbaoe groups wont notice any difference.

Just felt like that needed pointed out :(

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Deepfat said:
The first expansion of any FPS for example is always more maps. More tactical variations and more scenery would be welcome. Emain has looked the damn same for years for goodness sake. The same old run from AMG to MMG in Emain is pretty tiresome after a while. I'm hoping the RvR expansion does provide some more scenery and some balancing where it's due and frankly it should have been done with SI and not in the future imho.

Feel free to flame I just want a little more after all this time invested :)

erm, you DO realize that DAoC is _NOT_ a FPS, right? just to get this straight etc ...

and secondly, you'll get your PvP exytension soon anyway, it's called FRONTIERS ... and in next patch you can even earn MLXP from RvR (sigh) ...

now gimme cheese and QQ ... :m00:

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
ToA will make us more and more pissed and then we quit.
seeing your posts and attitude over the last few days I really wonder why you wanted your "hacked" account back so badly if you all you do is coming here and whine how crap DAoC is now etc ... :touch:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Lorimez Shadowblade said:
I've noticed the recent feeling that people have regarding rvr and TOA. A common discussion point seems to be that people are leaving/fed up with DAOC because they feel they need to have ml10 and uber numerous artifacts to eventually get groups in rvr.

My response is . . . dog turd :clap:

I really dont think that you have to have ml10, be RR 7+ and have loads of artifacts because they aint the most important thing.

Imo intelligence of the player is equally as important, if not more so.

Sure before you come up with the counter argument 'Yeah but ml10's can . . and artifacts will . .' ask yourself this:

Would you rather have a ml 10 artifact up to the eyeballs player who knows shit all about team work etc or a low rr, few ml's player that does their job superbly? :cheers:

I'm interested in your response, but my mind is made up. Sure I'm a good realm rank, I have a few ml's and I got one artifact but I've long been rvring and have a good reputation on prydwen as a mercenary that knows his job. So I know that how I plays has gotten me grps over what I have.

So theres hope for us that do have real lives and cant get all the TOA goodies. :fluffle:

/salute

Hmm, I mainly play rogue type classes, not a fotm type started game as one, but prefer archers, from looking at the ML's avialable to archers I haven't much use for them tbh, high end costing styles within the battle master line, and PvE abilities within Sojourner, As RA's are concerned they make a huge difference on archers, many are expensive to buy, so being higher RR will make you have a better chance in RvR, but I love the gameplay of the class.

As a assasin, Spymaster will make a huge difference for them imo, but saying that their isn't many RA's avialable to choose, many just get purge and load up on passives such as MoP.

I've not seen many +bow bonuses on nice items so far, and from reading the scout TL report 1.68, he has commented on this also.

Slam(scout) or speed shout(huntress) and leg it if you can't take the target, hope I don't have to with ToA in game.

If you love playing your class, should still be fun :)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
If you don't like levelling artifacts and getting MLs then go and RvR instead. By the time everyone else gets out of ToA, they'll have some nice items and a couple of nice abilities but you'll have some more RAs to balance things up with.
I'd say that for a lot of classes RAs are just as useful as ML abilities.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
To some extent I agree but this is a very limited view he's expressing.

Good player > Bad player with MLs and artifacts
On this I agree

But the real issue, and the reason I am working on TOA is
Good plater with MLs and artifacts > Good player

not that I think I'm a really good player, more not bad really.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately i disagree, in all games where numbers decide the outcome the person with handicap looses, in this case that will be the player without "freebie" abilities and ToA gear. Mythic intended it this way and even thought through how to make people buy ToA for buffbots <hi der +XX% to buffs>. There will be situations where an experieced good player will prevail but the majority of standard situations will be won by "Numbers and statistics".

In regard to RA vs ML ...... MLs some people get even while being afk/stuck and doing nothing, for RA one actually has to work.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Some nice ideas but my point here ( and their are many more points :) ) is that those who dont have the greatest gear etc will always be welcome in my group provided they know how to play their class.

Come on we all hate crap players regardless of what ml/ra/ toa arti they have :eek6:

Else imo the non leet players will fade out of the game and thats not what we want. ;)

/salute

Ormorof

FH is my second home
ML's will only (imo) affect large scale rvr (zurgs and relics!) and keep takes since they seem to have like.... long casting times :p

but things like artifacts (hi there stealthlore) will have a big impact until everyone has them and then everything balances out again (well ish) :p

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
erm, you DO realize that DAoC is _NOT_ a FPS, right? just to get this straight etc ...

and secondly, you'll get your PvP exytension soon anyway, it's called FRONTIERS ... and in next patch you can even earn MLXP from RvR (sigh) ...

now gimme cheese and QQ ... :m00:

Err ofc I realise that DaoC isn't an FPS. I've played FPS games alot at clan/league levels. My point is that the scenery never changes between what is effectively 4 maps (I include DF as an RvR zone) and therefore no-one needs to develop situational tactics based on their surroundings.

Most of the reason I don't RvR alot is the constant grind running between milegates looking at the same scenery and working essentially the same tactics in every situation. Fronteirs should have come before SI imho at least then we'd have something else to look at. More variation is the key to keeping interest for me.

lator

Fledgling Freddie
My class with ToA

Some facts about playing Pac Healer with ToA set:

- Casting speed 10% (= MoA3+ by PvE:in without Aug Acu3 -> you save 20 realm points)
- Power pool 25%, gives you more spreadheals
- Spell duration 25%, makes your mezzes last longer
- Healing efficiency 25%, gives more hp for allies with less power

That's for basic gained through item stuff, I decided to go for 4 artifacts of which I will get:

- AE Insta Snare 700 radius non purgeable (Staff of God)
- Stealth Lore, helps you spot stealthers easier (Staff of God)
- Extra insta heal with 1500 radius (Healers Cloak)
- Avoid Pain 1, ie. 10% all melee resists for 30sec period (Belt of Moon)
- AE insta rezz (Egg of Youth)

Above all that I will get better protection (af bonus), a bit higher stats with stat caps, about 100 more hp and still all stats, resists etc. capped.

Sojourner ML line gives nothing too special but some noteworthy things are:

- Phase Shift, 10 second damage immunity
- Immortal pet that drags enemy player into your ground target immobilizing enemy to do nothing while being dragged
- ML resist buff for your group giving better resists for ML abilities like Battlemaster styles (some of them are really nasty)

ToA was really a must have for me as you can see. You can decide yourself if ToA has it's uses in RvR for your class.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
when you use time on a mmorpg you get better stuff to play with, thats how they are build and that wont change....

may that be thing as lvl to 50, getrr10 get ml10. and ofc better items

Thing is if all just had acces to the best stuff possible it would be booring as hell, what i love abot this game is to spend time on your char and see the result in RvR...

Ofc can PvE be frustrating and booring but same with RvR :)

imo the game is still great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom