ToA Armour, weapons, glowys etc etc

Stinkywizzleteeth

Fledgling Freddie
Is there much point in people kitting thier toons out with ToA stuff for bg1? Wearing purple stuff surely means that it just wears out at light speed? Purple weapons - dont they just make you miss a lot? Or is it me thats missing something here?

In thid today i've seen albs, mids and hibs wearing/using ToA gear etc.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Legendary weapons (heat&cold especially) are godlike in thid if you have the money.

Also 5.7 spd spears for hunters (toa unique drop, 99% qua).
Not to mention the +buff enh for your thid bb.

Many many things you benefit from toa in thid as well. (cap increases WORK, as drops which are used for thid with these bonuses usually have crappy stats [low utility rate ~ thid chars can channel their magic] )

Edit: Forgot the +duration on toa items, important bit. Works great with nearsight for my runey.

Xplo

Banned
can you craft BG level legendairy weapons? cause i'm running around with a lvl 50 one ;<

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Xplo said:
can you craft BG level legendairy weapons? cause i'm running around with a lvl 50 one ;<

No, though I don't see the point. I can't imagine Legendary weapons would be that much more effective than crafted, especially when you take into acount that the resist debuff/dd proc doesn't work.

Still, I don't have the insane ammounts of cash required to buy one and try it out so I don't know for sure :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
No, though I don't see the point. I can't imagine Legendary weapons would be that much more effective than crafted, especially when you take into acount that the resist debuff/dd proc doesn't work.

Still, I don't have the insane ammounts of cash required to buy one and try it out so I don't know for sure :)

sb with axe/sword versus infil faces 10% resist (as i think resists are capped there, tho i got 15%+ everything just incase :p)
sb with heat lw versus infil faces 0% resists IF the infil caped heat

big diff imo :)

Ickleevul

Fledgling Freddie
After spending days and days xping various arti's in toa-land...might as well bung the crap Rog-drops on an alt for thid.

Krom

Fledgling Freddie
I still can't find even one ToA item which work in BG1
Found one belt 45lvl with nice cap increase, but statls is fail affect blabla ;(
usual 45lvl (up to 48) items fork for 24lvl chars
Legendary weapons can onle be 51lvl and only one that have point to use in BG1 is heat, yes prepare ~1.5-3p for it :)

SiddlesVonHell

Fledgling Freddie
People want to be "uber" so they:

1) Buy epics

or

2) Get the most awesome items, start killing people who don't stand a chance and brag to their friends about how Uber alles they are. I just sigh and move on everytime I see Corebringers or that other inf with those really high lvl weaps and stuff.

Myself I go for RoG which tbh can end up quite neat.

Breiair

Fledgling Freddie
use high level RoG's to xp with, got crafted lev 25+ stuff for rvr in thid, works good enough.......and yes I do have a lev 24 buffbot, but w/o any items on her so it's only lev 24 buffs at max :p

Xplo

Banned
If I equip a LW it says that its too powerfull to me and I dont get any bonuses, its nice and shiny on your back tough :)

Oh and I have all the important stuff capped with lvl 17-25 items, even some quested. My lvl 17 neckie even has a 41dd spirit charge :)

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
I have a few TOA items on my new Thane (who has just capped bg1, thanks for the fun guys). Not because they are Uber, not because I like the looks, but because Im a new player and they are about the only chain items I have atm! :)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
SiddlesVonHell said:
People want to be "uber" so they:

1) Buy epics

If they do that, they become pretty, not uber. Epic is really crap for thid (no stats at all.)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Corebringer once pwnd my hunter (spear spec) then I made a twolloverpoweredsavage and pwnd him. I used lvl 51 claws ofc. Not for the looks, for imbue points (28 in thid > all)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
toa drops = yes, some u can use testing them is how u find out
arti's = nono, to my knowledge u cant activate till lvl 40 aswell as rapidly osing condition, considering u can only have 1 of each ;)
lgm weaps: well thats up to u , not u can only use lvl 20 procs on them so pretty much pointless since you just wasted alot of money (although benefit is that you can sc alot more on them).

Krom

Fledgling Freddie
Corebringer suck my :kissit:
Dude lame infi, who running around with roleplaying gloving stick and afraid a hunter! (sic!)
Even can't accept a fair 1 vs. 1 duel w/o zerg backup :twak:

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
toa drops = yes, some u can use testing them is how u find out
arti's = nono, to my knowledge u cant activate till lvl 40 aswell as rapidly osing condition, considering u can only have 1 of each ;)
lgm weaps: well thats up to u , not u can only use lvl 20 procs on them so pretty much pointless since you just wasted alot of money (although benefit is that you can sc alot more on them).

Get off the procs already, lgm weapons aint used in thid for the debuff proc.

In thid, you can only have 13% heat resist.

Here is what a sb does with/without heat weapons.

Shadowblade vs infil with heat axe/sword= 3% melee resist at max.
Shadowblade vs infil with slash axe/sword= 13% melee resist at max.
Shadowblade vs nightshade with heat axe/sword= 3% melee resist at max.
Shadowblade vs nightshade with slash axe/sword= 23% melee resist at max.

Yeah they're expensive. :)

Teiten

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i cant see whats wrong with using totaly useless rogs to save cash when making a bg1 toon ;)

but when u start using LG weaps. your either filthy rich or stupid xD

Krom

Fledgling Freddie
caped first ranger, w/o heat azge still ;(
melee crap even with 19pierce+8cd and "all caped" suit
55(-20) - no fun, givf money ;(

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
for imbue points (28 in thid > all)
well, i dont use anything with 28 imbue points and i have np beating down teh opposition :p

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
lmao corebringer is good i guess she sucks with lag recently though...and yes the only reason her and i use level 50 weaps etc is cos they looks cool wooooo!! nice glowey spear thing makes me do a hunter evade :clap:

you do get some bonus from them i bought a lvl 50 Thrust weap 99% with +7 thrust cos i really couldn't be bothered buying one my level and getting it scd :eek:

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Krom said:
Corebringer suck my :kissit:
Dude lame infi, who running around with roleplaying gloving stick and afraid a hunter! (sic!)
Even can't accept a fair 1 vs. 1 duel w/o zerg backup :twak:
You're the one to talk. :fluffle:

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
Corebringer here.. m8 u suck my ass. lame infil ? all i do use duo with Saiyanheat or solo.. i never got a damn zerg next to me. scared of a hunter ? aye think many are scared of Nekrosniper.. that dude hit me 130 with spear unstyled and uses bot near him to heal etc.. bot is sc'ed and buffed too. i got everything capped with my infil :) Krom ill fight your ranger anytime anywhere. i dont care if i lose lol... im in bg1 for the fun :) or u wanna fight my reaver ? in 350 rp i lost 2 1 vs. 1 fights. to a troll zerk and a celt bm.. both used their abilitys ( frenzy and triple wield ) and zerker i got to 2% hp and celt to 0% hp.. so damn close fights :) and i solo'ed every rp with him
oh and atm im pwn'ing in bg1 with my mincer Romao

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
My bard simply wares DF emy set ;p nice dex and char, I have np with it, took a fg of mids a while to take me down as i attacked there healer,

And i am usin a store bought club xD Am goin to go search housing 2 day :)

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
ok well i cant really say im pwn'ing with my mincer lol... need to learn it first :)
and that lagg im having in thid aint helping really.. i have 5 sec lagg freezes like every 30 sec or often

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
u got me ( Deathtone the bard) and my chanter and eldy freinds good we where emoting ;ppp and u messed us, u took down mages fast then it took, mincer , 2h SB, and a infil a bit to take me down ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom