TOA and the nerf of the lurikeens

foolou

Fledgling Freddie
A bit sad to see that lurikeens got the nerf as entire race now.

So far luris been the fast ones in Hibernia and payed for it with lesser hitpoints/strength/intelligence.
But now some strange and simpleminded developer took away this very cool advantage and gave it to everyone, leaving lurikeens with all their disadvantages behind.
Even worse they included caps on things like castspeed, making the best of all casterRA's (mastery of the art) useless.
(well .. the real impact of TOA on castspeed is a bit more complicated, but at least my char casts his nukes slower now than before TOA)
With all that TOAstuff (even after they adressed the real stupid mistakes with 1.68) there is little reason for anyone to role a lurikeen. At least not if you play pure numberoriented.

Still luris got the coolness bonus so I hope I'll see lots of you around in future.

And to give you all some continuing reason to stick to your lurikeen we'll do a lurikeen-zerg soon.
Anyway the last one is ages ago and it's time to do another one.

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
I think people look at the numbers too much tbh.. I think the advantage/disadvantage between races becomes more and more insignificant after lvl 50 and a few rr's/ml's.

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
luris stil make one of the best caster races, very small to target, decent hps, good int, highest dex.

and what sarg said is true!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its certainly true of the difference between celt/shar rangers over luris.

Its mainly the fact that full buffs take you class stats well over well over their effectiveness cap so the extra bit in dex and quick luris have makes littel difference. whereas the extra 30 con a shar has makes a massive difference in the 200-300 sub region.

its a bit of a shame. buffs are the real underlying problem not the classes though

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
luwis is the best race.. best race in the game .

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
theres a girl in my school that looks extremely like a luwi irl.. should take a pic..

Glendower

Fledgling Freddie
Many advantages to Luris, and with the changes to allow race-specific buff enhancement, it still has some effects.

My wife's little sheild heroine stands inside me all the time and blocks/stuns/beats the crap out of all sorts of very surprised folks :)

Dolli

Fledgling Freddie
Luripwr.jpg
:clap: :clap:

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
foolou said:
A bit sad to see that lurikeens got the nerf as entire race now.

So far luris been the fast ones in Hibernia and payed for it with lesser hitpoints/strength/intelligence.
But now some strange and simpleminded developer took away this very cool advantage and gave it to everyone, leaving lurikeens with all their disadvantages behind.
Even worse they included caps on things like castspeed, making the best of all casterRA's (mastery of the art) useless.
(well .. the real impact of TOA on castspeed is a bit more complicated, but at least my char casts his nukes slower now than before TOA)
With all that TOAstuff (even after they adressed the real stupid mistakes with 1.68) there is little reason for anyone to role a lurikeen. At least not if you play pure numberoriented.

Still luris got the coolness bonus so I hope I'll see lots of you around in future.

And to give you all some continuing reason to stick to your lurikeen we'll do a lurikeen-zerg soon.
Anyway the last one is ages ago and it's time to do another one.

the caps on cast speed have allways been there (should have been there), if u have looked in the herald on RAs there have at least the last year been a cap on 2 sec on cast speed. IF u b4 TOA was under that cap have it been coz of a bug.
And u really think ppl will leave there luri caster just coz of TOA and btw what u want to reroll as elf? yea the 10 more intelligence make em better??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom