ToA and BG 20-24

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
I quit playing daoc, and ill never play either of my lvl 50 chars again, but i always liked BG as a Shadowblade, i havent played since toa came and my question is, can u compete in bg without toa stuff, do ppl use toa stuff in bg at all and so on.

Up untill now there hasnt been a char i couldnt take 1 on 1 - ofc. i have died many times to but it has always been ballanced - if i start playing my sb again after New frontiers where u can stay after the 350 cap how will it be for me without toa ?

Regards

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
I play bgs exclusively as I hated TOA too time consuming etc, you can play without TOA things as indeed I do mostly, tho I do have silly little caps like +20af, maybe +8 str cap etc, these make little difference in all honesty, and I only have them as they were dirt cheap off a CM. I think I have seen a few people using elemental legendary weapons, but they are not needed really. BG is fun as it is as level a playing field available i.e. anyone can get sc quick and easy for lvl 24 and play, and even without sc there is still a chance.

Hope that is of some help.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
people use ToA gear in BG? isnt that abit overkill? :p

i dont think you need any ToA gear for BG, and ass staffzor said, most people play there now because they are sick and tired of ToA :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
toa is nice tho for the pavement of ck island.. sucks when you stand behind the hill ( at shore ) and then get wtfpwned by casters that cast through the hill.. so i would suggest to run toa instead of si might you have it.

btw staffzor, you playing mid/exc or mid/pryd? cus i got a soon to be 50 SM and i might be able to pl u 8 chars for thid :p

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
btw staffzor, you playing mid/exc or mid/pryd? cus i got a soon to be 50 SM and i might be able to pl u 8 chars for thid :p

Playing mid/pryd and hib/excal atmo, anything but alb tbh ;) trying to put togeter some sort of grp but need 2healers shammy skald really before even start, unlike other realms for thid where can make do with bard druid or sorc pala so getting not very far :< ggifv stlong plvl ><

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Dommelsch said:
toa is nice tho for the pavement of ck island.. sucks when you stand behind the hill ( at shore ) and then get wtfpwned by casters that cast through the hill.. so i would suggest to run toa instead of si might you have it.

Explain more plz ?

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodcore said:
Explain more plz ?

Oh yea after re-reading thread noticed that you might not have bought TOA, I personally bought it tried it got bored :< there is and I assume it is well known a "bug" that basicly allows you to shoot without line of sight this applies to casts and arrows, it has been brought up once before a while ago and personally I prefer using si client as I have less lag but on that client there is no ability to shoot thru the scenary.

The line of sight thing only seems to apply to the floor i.e. someone over other side of a small hill if the range is there a shot can be fired although this doesnt apply to the likes of CK which is a solid wall it seems

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
I've never used ToA items in BG to overcap stats only thing i used it for was to look cool :cheers:

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Staffzor said:
Oh yea after re-reading thread noticed that you might not have bought TOA, I personally bought it tried it got bored :< there is and I assume it is well known a "bug" that basicly allows you to shoot without line of sight this applies to casts and arrows, it has been brought up once before a while ago and personally I prefer using si client as I have less lag but on that client there is no ability to shoot thru the scenary.

The line of sight thing only seems to apply to the floor i.e. someone over other side of a small hill if the range is there a shot can be fired although this doesnt apply to the likes of CK which is a solid wall it seems

what mistur ugleh firb irl says! xD

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
My bg3 SB has +217 hps and 4% atk spd :p toa gear R teh win >_< altho it would hardly be necessary..but i was gettin her RoG stuff anyway...so just got some with toa bonuses on ;)

But it wont make a diff for bg1 :)

/Dracus

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Darkmack said:
I've never used ToA items in BG to overcap stats only thing i used it for was to look cool :cheers:

You think your cool,enemys think your a noob without sc :p

Morimdin

Banned
actually ToA items in bg doesen't work cause the +bonus caps you get is very very low, you prolly don't even get any +cap to stats :/

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
people use ToA gear in BG? isnt that abit overkill? :p

hehehe one more lvl to 24 then will se what jewelry my up and comming scout can be effected by :flame: ....who said anything about cap bon :p im yet to see if a few items will effect all melee skills, that+mp armour+BB :wub:

fortunefish

Banned
tbh

tbh bg is fun and if people decide to wear toa stuff (and they can afford it) then ofc they will.

but not all players in bg r rich...i wasnt and i had a hell of a laugh and a sc set for bg isnt to expensive i u can get it done by your guild for you ( mine was free)

so i think you should atleast try it in fronteers and toa isnt bad... you will all love it at 40+ coz its a cool new zone and u can swim underwater.

try it =] or raise a plat and get some toa stuff from housing

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
TOA bonuses and such dont affect a lvl 24 charater.

They do. Every item without a lvl requirement and with ToA bonuses on it will affect a lvl 24 character. I've tested it by myself, both with +AF bonus and with + buff and + heal effectiveness bonus.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Can have upto 12 stat overcap + 5% (?) buff bonus i think

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodcore, if you return to the game remember Thidranki is actually just a playground. Collecting some decent quest items (Midgård has the best lvl 20-24 quests ingame I have noticed), crafted armour and arms and some nice spellcrafting on that and you will have your share of wins. The possible ToA twink is probably not a huge problem, but buffbots seems to have filtered down to this level during the last year. If you loose your fights it is probably more due to your opponent having one of those rather than ToA gear. Counted 9 of them when 27 mids was online a few nights ago and I am sure it looks the same on Alb side. On the other side it is extremely satisfying to see the buff drop list when you have killed an enemy if you are not buffed yourself. :)

So advice is, if you found it fun last time you were here, go for it, not much have changed, if you are more concerned with staying alive all the time, you wont have fun regardless of gear. Or wait until NF is here when we get the ultimate playground, the lvl 1 to 4 battleground. Mythic's answer to Nescafe, insta rvr, just roll a char and get going :)

Tiskani

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
They do. Every item without a lvl requirement and with ToA bonuses on it will affect a lvl 24 character. I've tested it by myself, both with +AF bonus and with + buff and + heal effectiveness bonus.

I'd love to know you're 100% sure of this before I splash a bit of cash on my runey with pie cap dex cap spell dmg stuff etc :)

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
Tiskani said:
I'd love to know you're 100% sure of this before I splash a bit of cash on my runey with pie cap dex cap spell dmg stuff etc :)
They show up under /bonuses anyway. And I can't see any reason to why +stat cap shouldn't work on a lvl24.

Thundercat

Fledgling Freddie
Tiskani said:

They do work just as fine as they do at level 50, but I don't think you can have +25 to statcap (lvl50/2) but only 12 (lvl24/2). Same goes with other bonuses. Not sure about how high you can go with the +cap so actually I think I'll go and test it abit someday.

And when spellcrafting your armour remember: if you use level 50 jewelry, it still works just fine in 70% con. The only thing that won't work is +skill and focus staffs. Resists and other bonuses work just fine (i have a necro, trust me in this one). Naturally some items may fail to affect you so try the items before spellcrafting.

Personally I do use ToA items in Thidranki... Not for the stats thou, only looks (Desert cloth on a caster = good looks)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I've seen infils in thid with epicarmor and heat lw :\ Thats seriously messed up. Who would spend 4-5plat at least, on a thid char :twak:

Arthemis

Fledgling Freddie
i would... if i had 1M :p! Personally i use ToA things if something drop which my lvl 45+ chars cant use, then they go to my bg1 ones :) Looks awesome when my zerker comes with his ToA Axes + hauberk - Arrrrrg! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom