To the Thane in BG1 last night...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Hello mate - sorry I didn't catch your name, think you were wearing orange dyed chain?

Thanks for a couple of great 1v1's - was awesome fun!

It was a refreshing change to see a tank prepared to run to one side of the ATK Camp Zerg - guess you were as frustrated as me!

Your debuffs worked really well - I couldn't hit you for toffee, although it was nice to see max shield worked quite well, but didn't stop me getting spanked twice!

I'm auto-training chants, so I am a pretty sorry excuse for a light tank at the moment, but I gave you a scrap nonetheless :D

I need another 190 odd RPs to cap out, so hopefully we can do it again!

Honorable Thane /salute

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Hello mate - sorry I didn't catch your name, think you were wearing orange dyed chain?

Thanks for a couple of great 1v1's - was awesome fun!

It was a refreshing change to see a tank prepared to run to one side of the ATK Camp Zerg - guess you were as frustrated as me!

Your debuffs worked really well - I couldn't hit you for toffee, although it was nice to see max shield worked quite well, but didn't stop me getting spanked twice!

I'm auto-training chants, so I am a pretty sorry excuse for a light tank at the moment, but I gave you a scrap nonetheless :D

I need another 190 odd RPs to cap out, so hopefully we can do it again!

Honorable Thane /salute

Ooo can Thanes debuff? I'm changing realms! :>

Nugusta

One of Freddy's beloved
He has a 50, think he knows what class hes talking about :( Gif debuffing lurikeen thanes? :worthy:

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Nugusta said:
He has a 50, think he knows what class hes talking about :( Gif debuffing lurikeen thanes? :worthy:

Not hard to get a necro to 50, it can be done in 7 days /played...No way you can know every class in 7 days ;)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
LMAO :)

I've played DAoC on and off for 2.5 years now, all 3 Realms.

I've not spent long in Midgard, and have only ever played a Bezerker which I know cannot debuff.

I know Warriors cannot debuff.

I'm not sure whether Savages can, but he was a Norse anyway - thought most people chose Dwarfs for Savages?

Which leaves Thanes.

It's possible he was duoing with a debuff caster I couldn't see. Both times I did have my back to the Mid zerg when fighting, so I don't know.

Was still a good fight nonetheless :D

And please give me some credit! I might be tonk at twisting chants but I know the difference between a Norse and a Celt :D

Bloodclot

Banned
mid tanks can't debuff. (skalds are able to speed debuff, but thats it)

savages (insta 15sec self buffs)
thanes (self buffs)
warriors
zerkers

all can't debuff :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodclot said:
mid tanks can't debuff. (skalds are able to speed debuff, but thats it)

savages (insta 15sec self buffs)
thanes (self buffs)
warriors
zerkers

all can't debuff :)

OK mate - the only answer can be that he must have been duoing with a debuff caster - I was definately being str/con debuffed every time...wonder how much better I'd of done purely 1v1 then? Not much I bet, but at least the gap would have been narrower...

Olgaline

FH is my second home
savages can debuff :p
kelgor's might = 20 second pbaoe haste debuff.

and the preferd choice class for savages is often a kobbie or troll.
but seeing as he was using a shield chances are it was a thane or warrior, unless it was a small shield ? the it could have been skald or even an aug healer..

could it have been a proc tho ?

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Olgaline said:
savages can debuff :p
kelgor's might = 20 second pbaoe haste debuff.

and the preferd choice class for savages is often a kobbie or troll.
but seeing as he was using a shield chances are it was a thane or warrior, unless it was a small shield ? the it could have been skald or even an aug healer..

could it have been a proc tho ?

You have no such procs in Thid.

Imo, you were debuffed by a Supp SM. They have an insta ae str/con debuff so that probably would be the problem here. Full Supp SM's have a -36 str/con debuff.. that kinda helps when you are having a duel with a tank as you will hit for less and die faster.. though on that, I can't be 100% sure.

Hope this helps,

Muene.

Lawless

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
OK mate - the only answer can be that he must have been duoing with a debuff caster - I was definately being str/con debuffed every time...wonder how much better I'd of done purely 1v1 then? Not much I bet, but at least the gap would have been narrower...

mate, my guess would be shadowzerk, he used shield or 2 weps? if 2 weps = sb :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
The debuffs occurred immediately prior to melee, so I must conclude the player was duoing with a Mid debuff caster.

He was Shield/Hammer spec I believe.

Forgive me, what is a ShadowZerk? Is that an SB or a Bezerker?

Was definately not an SB - not in chain :)

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
The debuffs occurred immediately prior to melee, so I must conclude the player was duoing with a Mid debuff caster.

He was Shield/Hammer spec I believe.

Forgive me, what is a ShadowZerk? Is that an SB or a Bezerker?

Was definately not an SB - not in chain :)

Shadowzerk is sb specced high in Left axe and Axe/Sword with no spec in CS.

The debuffs you are talking about are either from Supp specced SM or...these evul procs. I know of this place where you can find procs on weapons with no lvl requirement, but i thought they were fixed. Gonna find out :)

Can´t have been a sb to poison his weapon, since sbs can´t wield hammers...pity, would pwn infils with PA 0_o

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Ulme said:
I'd say it was a Hammerspecced SM in chain ;-)

healers-

debuffs

spells

chain

hammers

i really hope you didnt get wtf pwned by a healer ;)

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Not hard to get a necro to 50, it can be done in 7 days /played...No way you can know every class in 7 days ;)

try 3 days played :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom