To the moderators: Crafter's Corner?

O

old.CrazyMuppet

In a short while we will get Spellcrafting and Alchemy. At this time there will be a lot of 1000+ weapon/armorcrafters/tailors etc. that will be asked to produce stuff, and i suspect these boards will become flooded with postings about that...

I myself plan to be 1000+ armorcraft at that time, and will do lots of trading.

Wouldn't it be useful to have another section added to the forum (perhaps called something like Crafter's corner) where crafters can post there thoughts, help eachother, where for example an armorcrafter can set up a 'business relationship' with a spellcrafter and where people could ask information about items and order stuff?

Just a thought :)

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by shani
we could use

http://www.markedangel.com/daoc/prydwen

Well i registered there, and set up my shop, to see it deleted for no reason 1 week later :( and it gets very slow when lots of people access it.

Also, that's purely a shop.... it's not a place to exchange ideas.

And last but not least: the markedangel site might not support alchemy/spellcrafting when it's implemented in the game.

I still foresee an abundance of posts regarding crafting of all sorts in the near future... might as well give them a suitable home :)

F

Flimgoblin

there are item trading boards for each server... probably best to go there?

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Fingoniel
there are item trading boards for each server... probably best to go there?

Yes, i thought about that too... however, there is a distinct difference between posts about item trading and crafting. Also, looking at the example of Kiarra, as well as most other crafters, seem to post in the Albion section rather than the item trading section.

When i look at the american boards i see a lively discussion among crafters there. Whenever i need advice on armorcrafting i turn to those threads.

this is the one i currently use:

http://pub96.ezboard.com/bdarkageofcamelottradeskills

F

Flimgoblin

hrm, true... but I don't think a separate board would get _that_ much traffic...

all the spellcraft advice et al would probably fit in a single thread :)

probably three threads as people forget to search/check the first page for other threads on the same thing and splinter... but not that much :)

O

old.Revz

You may be jumping the gun a little here :) We don't even have 1.52 yet. If you want a place for crafters to go then set up a site like EQTraders.com. It doesn't have to start with much more than forums and a crafter listing (which you could parse right off the Herald XML) but if it is popular then you can grow it :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Why not? It's a good idea.

We got an item exchange sub-forum already - what would be the big trouble creating yet another sub forum?

I am sure it would be put to use...

B

Brinx

Problem is, the more forums that get created the less traffic each of them is likely to get individually and people seem to generally like to only read a smaller amount. I'm not too sure of the need because I don't think there would be that much posting about it and I suppose you'd get input from a broader range of people (customers? :) ) in the trading forums.

How about we wait until the new stuff's in then if there's a lot of activity of other boards about it we can create new separate ones and move the threads there?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

You should strive for a position in the diplomatic corps, Bwinx;)

A

Addlcove

yeah, go tell the shrubbery to stay out if middle east ;)

/just kidding, excellent idea actually

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet

Well i registered there, and set up my shop, to see it deleted for no reason 1 week later :( and it gets very slow when lots of people access it.

Also, that's purely a shop.... it's not a place to exchange ideas.

And last but not least: the markedangel site might not support alchemy/spellcrafting when it's implemented in the game.

I still foresee an abundance of posts regarding crafting of all sorts in the near future... might as well give them a suitable home :)

from the site....

I ask that you log on to check your orders on the days you select for customer pick-up's. People are allowed to order through your site, that is primarily what this site is for, an easier way for you to sale your crafted items. I do not require that you do this, but due to the limitations on server space the site is restricted to, if you go over 1 month (30 days) you will be removed from the site completly.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Hmm, the markedangel site has been down for a few days now... if it doesn't get back up we need something to replace it... (like a crafter's forum :clap: )

ok, ok, shutting up now :)

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
What that man Brinx said :)

You're a moderator already, you can stop kissing his ass :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom