To the hippies concerning dragon

O

old.Arnor

Found this while trolling the vnboards, might be useful unless you already tried it, but still :)

) Magic sets off the AoE. We sent someone into die like 5 times to wipe out the initial AoE, then she never cast it again unless magic was cast inside the circle. Anything but rezes, that is. No proc weapons or armor, no buffs nothing inside the circle. If people ask, just say ONLY REZ inside the circle.

2) We confirmed seige weapons don't work

3) She does NOT argo arrow users. We had 10 rangers plucking away and she just took it. Unfortunatly it's not enough damage to actually take her out, but it helped. Also, if you damage buff Rangers, do it OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE (see point 1)

4) At 20% she casts a stun - no big deal. At 10%, she'll port everone on the center rock somewhere - wasn't ported so don't know where. This is what kills you, cause you get MASSIVE adds at that point. 30+ purps is a guess on the low side. This is what ended our attack. Some speculate you get one pop for each person ported, but couldn't confirm that.

5) To add insult to injury, it took exactly 90 sec for the Dragons health to go from 10% to 100% health, so there is no second chance. You have to start over.

So as for future strategy, you either need 200 Rangers OR two tanks groups that cycle in and out - one to be ported and one to handle adds. This is a good idea anyway as you will protect your buffers and rezers with the tanks. Also, I suggest attacking from one side - with the AoE disabled, you don't need a two front attack. This keeps everyone in sight and easy to rez.

The Merlin Dragon will die, soon. As mentioned, there were 130 unanon in the EZ when this went down, just need more (200 and it's over). If other servers wanna take our experiance and do it first so be it, we can't stop ya But if I see another Mythic staffer post "Hib dragon hard? Never noticed" I will RIP their virual LUNGS OUT. The port/pop combo is a CROCK, though we now know how to handle it.

L

lairiodd

My fave has to be:
No proc weapons or armor, no buffs nothing inside the circle

This means that everyone would need crafted gear :)

O

old.Anpu

Hib dragon on Avalon went down like 2 hours ago :p

/Anpu

F

Flimgoblin

woot, go Avalon :)

Cuuldurach bites it, before the 1.51 changes too ;)

can we go 'ner' at the US servers now? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom