to the former members of equilibrium

G

gwal

as my rvr intentions changed from that of equilibrium I left. after that me and others heard about a lot of ppl wanting to leave now as well. fearing the end of the guild, and an uncertain future for all the friends there, a response to their need for help was done. a cg was set up, with the intention to bring back the guild on the right course, but all went to crap. a solution could not be found, gm left, new one was found, pvp came, all went there, and new gm left - end of the guild.

whether or not the guild would have stayed together had the cg not been made is anyones guess, some belive it would, some dont, but at the time it strongly seemed like it would not have, to some. the amount of ppl about to leave and the numbers of ppl in despair, just seemed to overwhelming to ignore.

altho ones intentions may be good, the course of action should always be well considered. a wrong course of action can ruin everything, no matter how well intented. the cg in this case seems to have been the wrong choice, ending up with emotions of betrayal and backstabbing, the timing was wrong cause pvp was upcomming so soon after, and in the first case - leaving the guild was wrong as it ment putting rp´s in front of friends.

one should not interfer with affairs that are not of their concern, at the times interference seems to be needed, it needs to be carefully considered - any deed needs justification, and an answer to any unforseen events.

I am sorry for the end of equilibrium, I miss the guild :/
even tho it seems I brought this on myself, my intentions were of the very best, but the way it was handled seems to have been wrong - I am sorry for this.

any former member of equilibrium who has any questions, thoughts, or feelings concerning this matter is welcome to contact me ingame.

O

old.LandShark

Whether or not interference is needed is rarely something people agree on.
Sad you won't be joining us in HB Gwal, but let's not go into that. ><

O

old.Fangrim

Hmmm... I guess I am just as responsible...

I am the GM that took over for our original one, but as I spent two weeks in a guild with max. 5 ppl online at any given time, I decided to call it quits and join the guild that I was first a member of: Avengers of Pendragon.

At the time, I felt like a fool, sitting there talking to myself, and tbh. I couldn't see any future in continuing in Equilibrium. The members that made it had gone - most to PvP, others to other guilds.

I ended up bestowing GMship to an alt of our original GM, and I haven't heard anything from Equilibrium since.

Equilibrium had a lot of nice players, but as a guild, it had some serious flaws, which I won't comment on here. Gwalmar, you brought up some points, which a lot of people agreed to - no need to feel bad. The collapse of the guild was IMO inevitable.

F

Falcor

Well, the worst thing about what happened was the timing, the cg needed to be done to bring issues to the atention of the members, but the timing i choose, looking back was very silly, what really finished equilibrium off was pvp, the guild had been in more of a mess than some ppl realised for quite sometime.

I regret leaving fangrim all alone on excal while i was playin pvp, was very bad timing, if pvp had not come we could of made a good effort at keeping it going, having said that, if the cg was never done, i still feel the guild would of split due to how fed up a good deal of the members were.

I accept my share of responsibilty as gwalmar does, we did what we did because we knew a good deal of ppl were seriously considereing leaving after we did, and neither of us wanted this to happen....

Z

zlair

Wasn't Eraser once a member...

Man, I sure liked the time with him at tanglers doing aoe to 'em, once that was possible :)

ohh, and to be GM of a guild with few ppl online - I know all 'bout that ;)

Always sad when guilds dispands - especially over an argument or the like :/

E

Exiled

Equilibrium died ? <whistles innocently> told you it wouldnt last lalallala :)

E

--Eraser--

Originally posted by zlair
Wasn't Eraser once a member...
nope, was a member/GM from templar knights since beta :)
and yey: we re still around !!!

Man, I sure liked the time with him at tanglers doing aoe to 'em, once that was possible :)
same here, old friend !!! ooh i remember these days when we where young :clap:

ohh, and to be GM of a guild with few ppl online - I know all 'bout that ;)
again can really get the point of that, tk was also a several times close to become extict...but as we all became very good friends we kept it alive...btw if we wouldnt love your guild that much we all would have joined CoA since ages i guess...

Always sad when guilds dispands - especially over an argument or the like :/
*sigh* indeed...wish you all the best for your future.
and falcor: we really arent agry anymore because you forgot about us during legion raid lotto :m00: :clap: :m00:
hihihi.

T

Tranquil-

What Mod removed the 2-3 posts directed at and from Exiled? And why wasn't Exiled's post removed if the others were?

What kind of Moderating is this?

D

Draylor

just the typical sort of moderating we get on these forums.

Clever, sensible, well thought-out Im sure :rolleyes:

T

Tranquil-

Almost seems like that 'delete post' button jams in the inner position. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom