To people that have done ToA master levels

iziz

Loyal Freddie
If any of you have completed any master levels, but have gotten no master level experience from doing encounters, especially final encounters could you please send me a pm, message izzz in game (pryd/alb) or send a pm to iziz on irc (quakenet).

I'm fairly sure that if people have all the previous requirements they should be getting *something* from the encounters, as a lot of people seem to be ending up with 80-100% of the level's XP, without having to XP or go on lower level raids with people who haven't done them.

If you:

have done 2.10, 3.10, 4.10 etc, or higher,
had completed all previous steps in the master level you were doing,
had completed all previous requirements (eg if you did 3.10 you have to have completed 2.11 ... ie the xp requirement for level 2)
completed a final encounter in a group and didn't get any master level experience whereas other people in your group did,

then I would really like to hear from you. The more people I hear from the more likely it is a bug, that people are getting ML xp from doing their ML paths, whereas others aren't, under identical conditions, and the sooner it can get some attention.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
iziz said:
If any of you have completed any master levels, but have gotten no master level experience from doing encounters, especially final encounters could you please send me a pm, message izzz in game (pryd/alb) or send a pm to iziz on irc (quakenet).

I'm fairly sure that if people have all the previous requirements they should be getting *something* from the encounters, as a lot of people seem to be ending up with 80-100% of the level's XP, without having to XP or go on lower level raids with people who haven't done them.

If you:

have done 2.10, 3.10, 4.10 etc, or higher,
had completed all previous steps in the master level you were doing,
had completed all previous requirements (eg if you did 3.10 you have to have completed 2.11 ... ie the xp requirement for level 2)
completed a final encounter in a group and didn't get any master level experience whereas other people in your group did,

then I would really like to hear from you. The more people I hear from the more likely it is a bug, that people are getting ML xp from doing their ML paths, whereas others aren't, under identical conditions, and the sooner it can get some attention.

When doing ml2, although I had not completed the path I was gaining mlxp for redoing the stages I had already done. I was confused by this as I thought you only gained xp when you had completed the ML and then went back to help people.

I gained 100% ml2 xp for doing 3 stages of ml2 again.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I understand it in order to get MLXP you need to have sombody in your group who hasn't done the step your doing.

Maybe thats your problem?

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
yaruar said:
When doing ml2, although I had not completed the path I was gaining mlxp for redoing the stages I had already done. I was confused by this as I thought you only gained xp when you had completed the ML and then went back to help people.

I gained 100% ml2 xp for doing 3 stages of ml2 again.

The way i understand it - if you have DONE a ML step - eg 2.3 then are in a group with someone who has not done 2.3 then you will get ML XP when they complete 2.3 : This seams to ahve worked for me, ran a few ML 1 and 2 raids last week and watched the blue bar rise.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
There is a bug with the x.10 encounters that gives ml exp to some ppl that should not normaly get it.

Normaly this is the way to get ml exp from ml enounters:
1. Do a step you have already done before.
2. Be in a group that contains people that have *not* done the step before.
3. The more people that have not done the step, and the harder the step, the more exp you get if youve already done it.

So if you do a step for the first time you should never get any ML exp, however sometimes people do anyway - i did on ml2.10 for eaxmple (went from 10% to 100% exp first and only time i did it). This is not supposed to work like this.

iziz

Loyal Freddie
Yes yes. I know about redo-ing steps with people who haven't done it to get ML xp etc. That's not what I'm looking for.

Fana said:
So if you do a step for the first time you should never get any ML exp, however sometimes people do anyway - i did on ml2.10 for eaxmple (went from 10% to 100% exp first and only time i did it). This is not supposed to work like this.

It's encounters like this... I'm looking for people who were in the groups who didn't get the experience, but other people in the group did. I really don't want to go down the path of ... oh, but you can get it this way ... I just want to find people who are missing out and are getting left further and further behind the rest of the people because of this. It's just blatently unfair, and GOA are not acknowledging there is a problem atm. I really don't want to lose the point of this thread.

Beck

Fledgling Freddie
If you need ML exp and you are ML1 for example.

Just organise a ML1 raid for ppl who havnt done it. At the end of the raid you should find your xp bar full.

So whats your problem again? :touch:

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Beck said:
If you need ML exp and you are ML1 for example.

Just organise a ML1 raid for ppl who havnt done it. At the end of the raid you should find your xp bar full.

So whats your problem again? :touch:

Read more careful,
Iziz just wants to see in what circumstances bugs occur.
For example, 2 ml1's are in a ml1 raid to get ml exp, both in a group with 6 peeps that need the steps wich are done, but only 1 of them receives ml exp for helping out. Which is a bug in this case.

That's just what i understand of it. Correct me if i'm wrong plz ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
never encountered that...

but can't say I've paid a huge amount of attention to my mlxp bar

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I went from 8% to 100% on ML2.10 too, but i hope i wont now be stripped of my MLs or something :mad:

so easy to get ml xp anyway by just redoing a step with a buffbot in the group instead.

Beeper

Fledgling Freddie
This may be a possible explanation for why some people are getting mlxp and some are not

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Dungeons

Temple of Twilight

- Defeating Medusa will now properly finish Master Level 3 if players
have completed all the trial 3 subtrials. Players with the incorrect
step listed in their journal for "The Gathering of Energy" quest will no
longer be prevented from finishing the trial.

Like Iziz's minstrel, my merc stopped getting mlxp at ML3
/quest shows as uncompleted The Gathering of the Energy quest from the medusa ml3 trial.....

Iziz has the same quest showing as uncompleted in his /quest log even though both of us are ml5 or above without problem.

So it may well be that if this bugged quest is flagging you as stuck on ml3 when you aren't, it may be affecting the awarding of mlxp.

It might be worth peopel checking on /quest to see what is showing there for them. Uncompleted quests are listed first....

[BF]MaD

Fledgling Freddie
i had 0% ML exp , we did ml 2.10 , i got the message "U gain ml exp" 3x when the boss dropped and gained 75% of my ML exp for ML2 completion

and that was the first time i did ml 2.10 , other in the BG only received 25% ML exp or even NO ML exp

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
[BF]MaD said:
i had 0% ML exp , we did ml 2.10 , i got the message "U gain ml exp" 3x when the boss dropped and gained 75% of my ML exp for ML2 completion

and that was the first time i did ml 2.10 , other in the BG only received 25% ML exp or even NO ML exp

sounds like what I postulated on the VN post:

x.10 monster dies
Player 1 gets credit
Player 2 gets credit... gives player1 mlxp (as they have done the encounter and are in the group with someone who's just completed it)
Player 3 gets credit... gives players 1 and 2 mlxp

Beeper - can you gain mlxp _at all_? sounds like a separate issue.

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
If yer really stuck and not getting ml xp for the steps, theres a few non ml mobs giving ml xp, some yellowcon priest in each of the fishy areas in Meso with 2 blue-orange adds who gives 2% xp upon death when duo'ed.
Also the guy for the Croc dagger encounter gives ml xp, so if that fails aswell or that isn't the problem i don't know either :S

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Did ML4 with my buffbot, buffbot had about 80% mlexp at the end of it all while I was stuck with something like 20-40%, can't remember exactly but I was slightly confused.

Also 3.2 was a bit odd. My group was the only one to get credit the first time, after doing it again (with some group changes) some of us managed to cap mlexp for ML3 with one very easy encounter.

Must be some bugs somewhere. :p

Dordanov

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
sounds like what I postulated on the VN post:

x.10 monster dies
Player 1 gets credit
Player 2 gets credit... gives player1 mlxp (as they have done the encounter and are in the group with someone who's just completed it)
Player 3 gets credit... gives players 1 and 2 mlxp

Beeper - can you gain mlxp _at all_? sounds like a separate issue.

Had the same indeed, did ml 2.10 yesterday. i only had 1% ml exp from helping an /as member with killing a big named scorp for an artifact. i was listed as nr3 in grp i believe.

upon killing the ml 2.10 boss i spam-received at least 4-5 messages " you gain ml exp" and was at 100% ml exp for ml2.

My guess was about the same as Flimgoblin suggests. I suppose it's not meant to work like that, but it's quite handy.. i'll make sure to be one of the first ones in grp of any ml x.10's i do ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom