To people asking for groups over sends...

O

old.TeaSpoon

Please don't just send "full group?" or "can i join plz?".

Having 5 people /send you asking about groups and having to inform the groups of offeres after doing a /who on all five is a pain.

Please be courtious by adding your class and rank ;)

O

old.willowywicca

you mean you don't already personally know all of the high levels in your realm, and haven't memorised their classes too?

shame on you!! and you dare to call yourself an alb!

B

Blackstuff

And don't bloody start getting stroppy and sending:

"well?"

"WELL?"

"You could answer me you rude @@@@"

Typically these start arriving at 10 sec intervals beginning 15 secs after the original grp request and show that these are impatient twats who ;

a) don't even have the intelligence to realise that the original post most likely arrived in the middle of a fight

b) don't care that the gl probably wants/needs to liase with the other grp members

c) are so feckin stupid that they think this approach will get an affirmative response

T

thegreatest

I /send mostly 'hiya m8 (or hun if I know its a girl) is there room in your group for a lvl xx <insert class> please?'

But most of the time the answer is 'sorry full group'

:(

Or people who just respond 'No' may die irl imo :eek:

C

Col|

Well, would also be nice if those who have a full group reset their looking flag properly, cos when you add new members to your group, the looking for members flag sets back to "not looking", but it doesn't reset properly, so to others you are still flagged as looking for whatever you were flagged for. Easiest way is when the 8th person joins, click "looking for all" then click "not looking", simple!!

O

old.TeaSpoon

That doesn't always work. And its easy to forget ;)

O

old.linnet

I don't always answer people who call me 'hun' because I hate it so much. I mean, it isn't as if I were German ...

L

louder

......"The Huns themselves were a people of mystery and terror. Arriving on the fringes of the Roman Empire in the late fourth century, riding their war horses out of the great steppes of Asia, they struck fear into Germanic Barbarians and Romans alike.".....

..."Those early Huns, using the traditional tactics of mounted archers, seemed like monsters from the darkness to their more civilized contemporaries"....

:)

found here: http://art1.candor.com/barbarian/attila.htm#Hun

So, don't know if anybody would take it as a compliment beeing called "Hun". ^^ :D

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by old.linnet
I don't always answer people who call me 'hun' because I hate it so much. I mean, it isn't as if I were German ...

eeh... ok?

:/

you can also take everything too seriously, maybe even building a Mile Gate in your garden in hope of some middie or hibbie will go there camp your garden ;)

C

Col|

Originally posted by old.TeaSpoon
That doesn't always work. And its easy to forget ;)

Well, so far, I've never had any problems with it whenever I've been group leader, you can tell if its worked or not, if, after you've done as I described, you click on the find button and see no names displayed, then it means you wont show up to soloers looking, if you can still see names, you didn't do it right so try again. :p

V

vestax

TBH i dont know why people ask to join a group.. as long as your flagged as "lfg" if a group needs you they will send you...

Thats the whole point of the system!

B

Bebopbo

Originally posted by vestax
TBH i dont know why people ask to join a group.. as long as your flagged as "lfg" if a group needs you they will send you...

Aye but how many times do GL's use it?
99% of time i was flagged as LFG, no response so i start the pain of /sends & within miniutes (if im lucky!) i get a grp :)

btw: the word "Hun" for those of us that aint "geeks" ;) is jus a friendly word ...like: hi there "friend"

lol if someone said "Hi Hun" to me the last tihnk i would think of is there trying to explain some ancient myth to me etc.. etc.. :)

but lol at the MG in back garden!!! nice one :)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Bebopbo
btw: the word "Hun" for those of us that aint "geeks" ;) is jus a friendly word ...like: hi there "friend"

no hun is a misspelling of hon, which is a shortage of honey, that´s the weet stuff bees make, and a way some people adress the opposite sex
Which is why I resent being called hun/hon by anyone than those I know to be RL girls

L

louder

Well, i do know what u mean with that little word "hun". :)

Next time i mark my post with: [ironic mode on] ... [ironic mode off] :D

C

Col|

Originally posted by vestax

Problem is, if you are in a group thats fighting alot, you dont have alot of time to scan to see who is lfg, but also, is bloody hard replying to all the sends you get as group leader.

And Addlcove, if ya don't wanna be called "hun" don't play a female char. :p

E

Edaudric

Be a Paladin. Dont' ask for groups and decline invites.
That's the beauty of being a Paladin.

P

pez

If you are gl and get sends follow 4 simple routes.

1) you are fg, say fg and immediately reset your lfmembers flag.

2) you say yes we are at X

3) you are not sure and need to speak to grp say '1 sec' and then respond at a convenient time

4) you simply don't want them in group, just say sorry no

Ignoring people is rude, don't do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom