To NTL Users

C

Cadire

Word is the 1Gb limit is averaged out over a month, which doesn't seem too draconian. People would still be able to get their Linux ISOs etc.

I can't think of many legitimate reasons for downloading 1Gb of data each and every day. I guess the warez munkehs will have to move on.

W

Whoodoo_RD

1Gb aint all bad IMO, thats a fair bit and even the more than average user cant use that. I admit I know some sad asses who DL 999 music tracks a day, 24/7, but whats the point, youll never listen to them all eh?

As for warez n stuff, well most sites support resume, so using getright or sommit is ok, youll just have to take your time over it :)

E

Erekrose

Your contract states you can terminate if they make a change to the service.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Erekrose
Your contract states you can terminate if they make a change to the service.
Thats really helpful. So we go back to 56k or suffer the wrath of BT and their snails pace roll out of ADSL. NTL aint too bad IMO in comparison to other broadband providers.

BT stiffed ther dial up ppl, limiting their usage, how long before they bash the bishop of their not-so-uber pipelines?

A

Apathy

All you can really do is stick with it and see if it does actually affect you. If so, then move on. If you are able to get NTL, then there's a good chance you can get ADSL.

If Blueyonder do this, I will be really quite distressed. :/

a.

S

shilak

Wont be surprised to see other operators doing it either, once one makes a change like that it is fairly normal for the others to follow. Next step will no doubt be the introduction of a more pricey service without a download limit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom