To Novamir

S

stunned

n3rf ebbery0ne !!

l3ts n3rf nanana na nanana l3ts n3rf nanana na nanana

S

svartmetall

Damn, is that guy obsessed about Savages, or what?

P

parzi

http://www.fanta.dk/showmovie.asp?mid=9235A0EB-D128-4E82-B2F7-8B596BB782B4

cba to edit it for vn boards ;)

oh and while it starts ok with some valid points (quad rate with high dr), it continues with pure bs:

"so we've got a class with dmg output of zerker in hamster mode, with no penalties.. "

ofc... 1,5-2k dmg every 1,5sec !1111 if not more !111
post a log or add "with the chance to do the dmg output of a zerker in hamster mode" , and add selfbuffs that take life to penaltys.

S

svartmetall

And thinking about it...there were a lot of Savages last night in Emain, but no one class from ANY one realm seemed to be overpowering anyone else, it was actually a nice mix of Mid/Alb/Hib FGs in varying numbers using skill, tactics and esoteric stuff like that to have what was (I think/hope) a fun evening for all.

IMO a good demonstration of what good RvR can be...shame Novamir was too busy sticking pins into a little wax Savage doll to see it.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by svartmetall
And thinking about it...there were a lot of Savages last night in Emain, but no one class from ANY one realm seemed to be overpowering anyone else, it was actually a nice mix of Mid/Alb/Hib FGs in varying numbers using skill, tactics and esoteric stuff like that to have what was (I think/hope) a fun evening for all.

IMO a good demonstration of what good RvR can be...shame Novamir was too busy sticking pins into a little wax Savage doll to see it.

I wasn't in Emain, so I dunno.. But I think a buffbotted savage RR6 with Determination, Purge, IP, SC'ed gear, good RA's is pretty much 'overpowered' compared to everything else currently in game.

Time will tell when we got a few high-RR savages and see how they compare :)

S

svartmetall

I think a buffbotted Infil with the same gear and THE ABILITY TO BE INVISIBLE is over-powered, but there you go.

Get rid of ALL BBs. Be a good start. Then at least we'd have a level playing field for class comparisons.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
I wasn't in Emain, so I dunno..

Oh man, it was fun...21,000 RPs in one session...a bit of an epiphany for me, actually, since I'd always hated and avoided RvR - I saw how good it can be when in a good experienced grp who knows what they're doing.

N

Novamir

well i think the problem is bad, and as soon as we see a lot of rr6+ savages, not just the few atm, it will be even worse. dont care what response i get from the trolls there, but i had to post something

Z

zmurf

The man is right, but all u mid's r apparently so afraid to get 1 more dmg dealing class in line ull rather cover ur eyes and over look the true powers of a savage and then flame Novamir for actually making a well made point ...

Atm savages do more dmg than any other nme melee tank, over time, and they can get highest dmg hit's of possible in the lowest swing time(quad hit with bonus is like 4x200 possible 400added in crit's) where a none quick hero got 3 times the swing speed and hit's for about 7XX...

savages got 360degree's evade + an instant buff that nearly cap's evade chance (i think it's by this novamir say's they r immune to slam)

and the whine about they loose hit's when buff drop's ? lol it's % taken out of base hit's and with buff's it's a max of like 10~15% and healer's spam spread anyways so they get the hit's back without healer even noticing they r gone ...

Don't 'nerf' savages, bring em into line ...

J

Jiggs

melee relics, its crap RvR with mids having melee relics...

S

stunned

I wouldnt mind a nerf if casters were upgraded in general so Mid groups could start taking them in vs both albs and hibs without "losing" a offensive lighttank spot.

Up casters remove boad or make it self only as supposed to be. Thats my suggestion for a better rvr environment.

edit: oh and remove the fking milegates where some ppl are known to man the walls.

A

Aloca

In a fight vs a mid fg that had 2savages assisting each other, they got 1quad and 1tripple hit on me = dead. and i asked others in grp ALL that got hit by them got atleast 1quad hit on them

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by svartmetall
I think a buffbotted Infil with the same gear and THE ABILITY TO BE INVISIBLE is over-powered, but there you go.

Get rid of ALL BBs. Be a good start. Then at least we'd have a level playing field for class comparisons.

Except buffbotted infiltrators don't have a huge impact on daily RvR except for solo'ers and other assassins (who are equally overpowered, don't worry).

Savages are groupfriendly classes, I doubt you take in a SB/infil/NS into a balanced RvR-group. Because then you take off a huge bonus for them: Invisibility.

Z

zmurf

Except buffbotted infiltrators don't have a huge impact on daily RvR except for solo'ers and other assassins (who are equally overpowered, don't worry).

Savages are groupfriendly classes, I doubt you take in a SB/infil/NS into a balanced RvR-group. Because then you take off a huge bonus for them: Invisibility.

Main reason u don't take em into group, no determination, atleast that's what i see as their biggest flaw, since u can easily spec a SB/Infill (not sure about NS tbh) to do very nice anytime

50a/50la // 50slash/50dw, for front style and amethyst/diamond combo, if rogue's would have access to determination we would see em alot more in group rvr, cause they can perma root (this patch) allmost any caster, and take off alot of dmg from dmg dealing tank's ...

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by stunned
I wouldnt mind a nerf if casters were upgraded in general so Mid groups could start taking them in vs both albs and hibs without "losing" a offensive lighttank spot.

Ehmm... Don't think Mid-casters are worse off then Alb-casters (or Hib-casters except chanters who are grosly overpowered compared to their fellow casters atm).

When you stretch that to the other realms: Albs and Hibs don't have that bonus you got: An extra light-tank (which is also very good with all it's abilities). You also got all needed classes on chain eq. armour (healer, skald, shaman).

Up casters remove boad or make it self only as supposed to be. Thats my suggestion for a better rvr environment.

BAOD is fine, resists are the problem. I could live with BAOD if you don't meet already 50%+ resists. That's the real problem, BAOD only makes it much worse. Would be fine if Hibs had 60% magic resists every 30 mins, but they got close to 90%-100% now every 30 mins.

edit: oh and remove the fking milegates where some ppl are known to man the walls.

Dunno, part of the game, the same for all realms, not really a 'balance' problem, merely an annoyance.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by zmurf
50a/50la // 50slash/50dw, for front style and amethyst/diamond combo, if rogue's would have access to determination we would see em alot more in group rvr, cause they can perma root (this patch) allmost any caster, and take off alot of dmg from dmg dealing tank's ...

I dunno if you ever played a rogue in a RvR-group but they can't take alot of damage from dmg-dealing tanks. They got low hitpoints compared to 'real tanks' and their evade is only on frontal arc, so they will get hit every time on the back (for huge damage, because only leather). They got no shield/parry spec either. And no IP either.

Determination, IP, Purge (all cheap), advanced high-evade, parry spec, more WS, more HP, way more dmg-dealing.. There you got your savage.

Not only is the savage overpowered, both Albs and Hibs lack something even close to it. I would complain too if Albs (and Hibs) got something like that because it makes alot of classes useless against them. If you see how fast a savage eats through a cleric (or Novamir, a hero for crying out loud) and you think that's balanced, something is wrong.

Do you know any class which 3-shots your healer in less then 5 seconds and has cheap IP, Determination and cheap Purge? Think not

P

parzi

bring savages in line through LOGS, ok, but not through biased whines.

i wouldnt mind a little nerf if determination stays (and im sure it will). but without det = savage useless in rvr grp, mez = purged root = savage standing around and cant do shit :p
other hybrids can provide somthing to the grp (auras, crap heals etc) when rooted, or interupt, debuff and damage enems while rooted. savages could only take away healpower from the grp if they use their selfbuffs while rooted :p

i'm writing this cause i've seen some dumb posts like "remove det = problem solved"... ofc... you could also say remove savage = problem solved if thats your way of fixing things ^^

S

stunned

Ehmm... Don't think Mid-casters are worse off then Alb-casters (or Hib-casters except chanters who are grosly overpowered compared to their fellow casters atm).

When you stretch that to the other realms: Albs and Hibs don't have that bonus you got: An extra light-tank (which is also very good with all it's abilities). You also got all needed classes on chain eq. armour (healer, skald, shaman).

We dont have bof, use it and win.

BAOD is fine, resists are the problem. I could live with BAOD if you don't meet already 50%+ resists. That's the real problem, BAOD only makes it much worse. Would be fine if Hibs had 60% magic resists every 30 mins, but they got close to 90%-100% now every 30 mins.

Thats your opinion. They are however reworking hwo resist work. But I dont see your point ,why a RA that is listed as self only and working for the entire group on a class that i as common as anchanters, is fine.

Dunno, part of the game, the same for all realms, not really a 'balance' problem, merely an annoyance.

Its more annoying for a meele realm. Albs the only ones camping and manning milegates, with the exception from a few Hib guild doing pbaoe in the room.

Z

zmurf

Actually i have played rogue in group rvr, 500k with a shadowblade, and why even mention defensive skill's and hit's ? it's not like 'tanks' will get hit before support anyways, and if it's tank's turn to get hit the support is dead so defensive skill's will only keep u alive a few sec extra(whoopey) ...

and yes im well aware they wont be nearly as good as normal tank's, i never stated they would, just said with the right spec they r nice for group but lack determination, giff them this realm ability (im not saying u should, wouldn't be right it's for 'tanks') and they would be seen very often in group rvr ... cause as i said, they got their flaws but stuff like see hidden, 'run towards caster, stealth pa/cd', debuff(insanely nice if used correctly and with enough weap's in inventory) and a few more think, makes em very nice for a group, if only they werent mezz more or less entire fight(compared to other tank's)

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by parzi
bring savages in line through LOGS, ok, but not through biased whines.

Agreed...evidence, please. If people are going to whine THIS much, they'd better be prepared and able to back it up.

I wouldn't mind a little nerf if determination stays (and im sure it will). but without det = savage useless in rvr grp, mez = purged root = savage standing around and cant do shit :p

Same applies to all tanks though...

P

parzi

"more ws"

no.

hth = hybrid weaponskill.

and "3shot a healer" ... thats biased whine bullshit. yes it is possible to 3shot a druid with a savage. but you make it sound like its always the case etc.

i agree that svgs need a bit toning down, but , wtf, just stop stupid statements like that i cant stand it.

Yes and ofc all tanks without det would be worthless. thats why they got det ;)

p.s.: remove hero det, they have a spell to be a moose !111 J/k

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by stunned
We dont have bof, use it and win.

HUGE difference between bof and baod, baod hit's caster groups HARD since caster's got low hit's no defense (pbt ofc) and crap armor, so they die durring the baod timer, Bof on the other hand, ur healer's can moc and survive on good armor/hit's and spread heal's and after kick some alb ass ...

A

agon

have you all forgot about zerkers or are you just being nice for once? :D

S

svartmetall

...it is possible to 3shot a druid with a savage. but you make it sound like its always the case etc.

In the same way that Zerk-whiners made out that Zerks killed everything before them in seconds, one-shotted Paladins, and generally annihilated all other classes.

Which was also bullshit.

S

stunned

Originally posted by zmurf
HUGE difference between bof and baod, baod hit's caster groups HARD since caster's got low hit's no defense (pbt ofc) and crap armor, so they die durring the baod timer, Bof on the other hand, ur healer's can moc and survive on good armor/hit's and spread heal's and after kick some alb ass ...

You mean mid arse ? Well I agree with You. Not sure why I was quoted tho. My point was Albs can use RA's to counter the strong Midgard meele classes.

All in alb I think Albion is by far the hardest realm. Unless making heavy tank groups with 2 clerics with bof, its no easy to beat balanced group from other realms for them.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by agon
have you all forgot about zerkers or are you just being nice for once? :D

No, they haven't forgotten about Zerkers...now that Zerkers have been largely de-fanged, they're seeking another target for their favourite AOE spell, the Nerf Bat.

P

Puppetmistress

"more ws"

no.

hth = hybrid weaponskill.

and "3shot a healer" ... thats biased whine bullshit. yes it is possible to 3shot a druid with a savage. but you make it sound like its always the case etc.

Name ONE tank/lighttank that CAN do it from Alb/Hib in the same timespan.

That's right: There aren't. Savages CAN (and DO). Zerkers CAN (and DO). Perhaps it involves a lucky crit / lucky quadhit but they CAN.

Those classes like zerkers and 2h savage with consistent damage-output hardly need to assist in its current shape because they can deal huge amount of damage.

When my overpowered friar goes 1-on-1 on a caster the friar dies, the caster lifes (in a good group). When a zerker goes 1-on-1 on a caster the zerker might die, but so does the caster.

Screenshots? Sure, I start collecting them from now on :) And when I bring enough, is that proove or just my sucky SC (only 28% slash resists) and always lucky zerker/savage ?

I think Mids got 'random-relics' too making them very lucky :/

Users who are viewing this thread