To much "Stuff" in Daoc?

Jeros

Part of the furniture
My mate was saying how they have added to much "stuff" as he put it to DAOC as we were talking about MMORPGS, and i agree that they have added tons and set to add more, and it would be very itimidating for a new player just starting out.

.........but gawd dammit i like it!, leveling my bb and hunting down scrolls and artis has given me somthing to shoot for, somthing to keep me going, even when im board, we all get board somtimes but now i have just got my 6th arti and my bb is 1.5 levels away from 50 im more determined than i have ever been, all this stuff, artis, mls, uber item this and uber item that, keeps prodding me on, prodding me to make the best char i can make, prodding me to do all i can to kick as much ass as possible in RvR,

And thats the goal, the shining light at the end of the tunnel, knowing with a bb, a nice set of artis and mls i can abandon the zerg and hunt my kills down solo as soloing is what i love to do (yes i know i play a group class :D), RvR is the best part of daoc and TOA and etc is like dangeling a carrot in frount of you saying "you can have the nice carrot, but first you gotta do this to get it"

Yes they have added millions of things, yes theres so much to do to be "uber" but heck, am i the only one who finds it fun?

Or am i just ranting as its 1:50am and sounding like a complete fanboi?

York

Fledgling Freddie
You sound like a complete fanboi with too much spare time imo.

Im glad you dont find it boring tho, so many others (myself inc) dont like ToA because of the time issues, eg it takes too long or having to 'camp' a mob .. uhh.
I still find it amazing people still camp arti's for hours on end, such a waste of time.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i dont think there is to much in daoc, i just thing some of it is crap due to the time it takes to do and the spawn rate (MLs/Artis) once you actually start an arti or ml raid they are actually a lot of fun, just a lot of sitting around waiting in daoc these days.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
more they add the better

and nobody forces you to camp, never "had" to camp a mob. I just don't give a shit if I get an arti this week or in 6 months time. I'd rather run about doing something else than sit xp unless I decide to. But I'm not forced to :p

eble

Fledgling Freddie
We just need clustering asap.

Excal rvr is either full on or totally dead.

Hopefully with the extra players in rvr we will have a more constant rvr experience, I know that some areas will be nutz and zergy but hey a zerg is just an rp mountain that needs to be climbed.

Eble

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Kami said:
and nobody forces you to camp, never "had" to camp a mob.
If you wanna be among the best in RvR and be able to compete with the leet kiddos, you "have" to :>

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Worth mentioning i almost killed an RR10 melee....somthing last night but his mates added on me :/, tho tbh he proboly was not buffed and had his ras down or smth, or maybe he was waiting till i was almost dead to use his pwn buttons, anytho my IP was down so he would have proboly won anyway.....but i was dam close, and in only 3L7 and wearing ONE activated arti at the time (atens shield)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Jeros said:
Worth mentioning i almost killed an RR10 melee....somthing last night but his mates added on me :/, tho tbh he proboly was not buffed and had his ras down or smth, or maybe he was waiting till i was almost dead to use his pwn buttons, anytho my IP was down so he would have proboly won anyway.....but i was dam close, and in only 3L7 and wearing ONE activated arti at the time (atens shield)

he was prolly unbuffed or afk or smth then

and btw minstrel isnt really a group class imo

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
And ToA ain't all about artifacts, you can get very good bonuses without artifacts aswell and ML is often important too.

vintervargen

Banned
thing is you spend 234326363 hours getting your char fixed, then you wont be able to play RvR the way you want to anyway, because of balancing issues.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
eble said:
hey a zerg is just an rp mountain that needs to be climbed.

Eble

Nicely put :)

vintervargen said:
thing is you spend 234326363 hours getting your char fixed, then you wont be able to play RvR the way you want to anyway, because of balancing issues.

Such anger :mad: And don't forget - buffbots actually add to the balancing issues : A caster who can kill in 3 shots is also down in 3 shots. Now it takes a whole lot more, making them a lot stronger. Same counts for tanks although in a bit different perspective.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
he was prolly unbuffed or afk or smth then

and btw minstrel isnt really a group class imo

He was not afk as he was fighting back

And also its a group class that can solo well, just like a skald or a friar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom