To matter Cabies in Emain.

A

Aussie-

plz wait till you control a fight before you use your DoT.
your 6x130dmg aint worth 10 non-CCable zekers.

thanks.

D

Draylor

Can you tell someones sorc just hit 50?

Of course hes right, but its been said a million times before, its not going to change :rolleyes:

K

kinadold

RvR for a cabbi is like xp at tanglers, you fire ae dot and run, then
hope for the best.
After nearly every 'pull' some albs will complain about something, unless they are in group with you.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by kinadold
After nearly every 'pull' some albs will complain about something, unless they are in group with you.

trust me, ppl in grp also complain

A

Albbasher

Truest me...ppl love the..emm group purge ?

Keep it up..thx...mkbye

A

Apathy

Don't GoL have a guild forum where you can address your cabalists directly? :wall:

a.

T

tazzke

Do we got a caba in GoL???

mmm...

nah you're wrong....it's a ....euhm...a gimped wiz we have...she ain't a cabalist (she joined the wrong academy at lvl 5) :p

always nice to see Dreams and Cyclia in the same group

Dreams casts an ubermezz....
Cyclia casts an uberDoT...
Tazzbe starts healing them both cause all targets are hacking in on them :p

After 10 sec -> /release :)

Of course...most of the time it ain't like this :rolleyes:...but it's the same story from a couple of months ago...but with smite-clerics and sorcerers.

In a BIG battle were all 3 realms are present...DoT's are very nice for the caba... in a more balanced fight 1 DoT after a mezz will maybe kill some casters...but that's about it.

A

Apathy

If you are a matter cab, there is no reason not to just double-DoT key targets over and over. :/ If there is a sorc in the group, it can matter debuff too. :|

But noooooooooooooooooooo. They AoE DoT, scratch about ten people, everyone dies then the cabalist ports back in, waits at ATK for the people they hurt to die and collect their 15 RPs.

a.

A

Aussie-

we've lost a couple battles yesterday because of an uncontrolled DoT. Battles that we could have won easily.
I have absolutly no problem with DoTs, if you use them controlled, in keepdefence, against a bunch of casters , when you outnumber your enemy etc.
but not at the start of a fight against tanks ;/

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Apathy
If you are a matter cab, there is no reason not to just double-DoT key targets over and over. :/ If there is a sorc in the group, it can matter debuff too. :|
Well, nothing beats the damage messages of a good AoE DoT. On the other hand, one would hope most matter Cabalists would satisfy their hunger for this in Thidranki so that they can control it sufficiently to only let it out in controlled situations in real RvR, i.e. at keep defense, in the intermediate and final stages of a fight, and during zerg battles (let's face it, AoE damage >> CC in large-scale battles). That's the theory, however, but in reality I am sure AoE DoT gets spammed far too often. For myself, I usually prefer to take down one target good with stacked DoTs and all the debuffs I can whistle up.

And yes, a sorcerer (it?!?) with matter debuff is just uber, I was DoTting for 175 damage a tick (without crit) on Cailleach guards when Fistulandus matter debuffed them for me. :D

O

old.Sepiritz

A matter cabbie should start the fight by nearsighting;
1. mezzers
2. casters
3. supportchars/healers
When thats done, doubledot the casters, should finish them off nicely with the massed dmg it does, possibly nuke once or twice too to make sure.
A good nearsighter can gimp any group.
I nearsighted all healers and supportchars of a nobbly pride group when they were fighting hibs, they ended up running around like headless chicken trying to melee stuff. Quite funny what it can do. :)

A

Arnor

hope for the best.

:ROFLMAO:

O

old.Zeikerd

Hehe, I like this threads. Yes, Aussie is right. Lately some new cabalists hit 50 and started to RvR, it's very painfull when I'm restraining myself to cast aoe dot to keep everything mezzed/rooted and I see the orange/red glows of aoe dot on them from some other cab. What I then do is overwrite his aoe dot immediately. I also start aoe dot after the de root/mezz has worn out or when everything is engaged allready. Also fun is the rushes out of Crim lately, aoe dotting 30 hibs outside. They are all resting and half health allready.
In GvG and small zerg vs small zerg I alsways start with nearsighting the healers and nukers. If I can't find some anymore I start single double dotting, and as last aoe dotting.
Ah well. In the beginning I also made the mistake of aoe dotting to early and giving the enemy a great advantage. But we all learn from it.

S

Spyf

hope for the best.

Maybe this is the reason that albion dont have alot of mind sorcs.
Why go mind if mezz is broke all the time.
<I still have patience to beleive that it will change sometime>

And to all the cabby's who dot away outhere: 3-6 cabby's aoe dot overuling eachothers dot = waste of power IMO.

I beleive cabby's have a spell that make more dam than a dot fired, that only tick's one time and then get overuled by the next cabby to the same amount of power used.

Comon cabby's flame me or explain me.

Mazter

M

m4rk

The main problem in Albion (and ive witnessed this many times) is Cabs are told to ae dot if there isn't a sorc in the group. That way the group gets more RPs. So sorc's ae mezz from other groups are broken by RP hungry Cabs in other group :-/

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by old.Sepiritz
A matter cabbie should start the fight by nearsighting;
1. mezzers
2. casters
3. supportchars/healers
When thats done, doubledot the casters, should finish them off nicely with the massed dmg it does, possibly nuke once or twice too to make sure.
A good nearsighter can gimp any group.
I nearsighted all healers and supportchars of a nobbly pride group when they were fighting hibs, they ended up running around like headless chicken trying to melee stuff. Quite funny what it can do. :)

yah thats the way to do it :clap:

B

Bellona

Only DoT that is just worth SOMETHING in rvr must be the sorcs RA dot, it can actually kill someone, but still ruins all CC and cost too much, aoe dots in rvr is only designed to clear undead camp in midgard frontier :D

G

gunner440

Originally posted by m4rk
The main problem in Albion (and ive witnessed this many times) is Cabs are told to ae dot if there isn't a sorc in the group. That way the group gets more RPs. So sorc's ae mezz from other groups are broken by RP hungry Cabs in other group :-/

dicks

B

Banishing

i love those that ae dot!
keep up the good work sorcs and cabbies!

M

m4rk

Only DoT that is just worth SOMETHING in rvr must be the sorcs RA dot, it can actually kill someone, but still ruins all CC and cost too much, aoe dots in rvr is only designed to clear undead camp in midgard frontier

not true, ive killed plenty of people using ae dot at walls.

S

Spyf

Originally posted by m4rk
not true, ive killed plenty of people using ae dot at walls.

Wall fight and open air fight cant be compared IMO

O

old.Zeikerd

Aoe dots kills plenty. Aoe dot and follow with single, no caster without healing survives that.

A

Apathy

There's no call for ANY AoE damage in small fights.

GOA should respec all cabalists to full spirit. Force them to fight with pets and body debuffs.

a.

S

-Shaz-

PBAE is oki in small fights if you don't run into the middle of a mezzed fg or two and pbae them like certain people I know :D

O

old.Zeikerd

Originally posted by Apathy
There's no call for ANY AoE damage in small fights.

GOA should respec all cabalists to full spirit. Force them to fight with pets and body debuffs.

a.
Hehe

J

Javai

It ain't just the Cabbys - the fire wizzies are just as bad ok so you can still CC after the aoe nuke but really whats the point they just gonna cast it again :rolleyes:

Q

Quinn

One thing to remember in Matter Cabby's defence: the vast majority of people have /effects self on. So it's not very easy for them to spot that people have been mezzed. But yes, they should be breaking out the NS and dot-stacks first.

And no-one should be made to respec to full Spirit. That humiliation is mine! All mine! :help:

K

kinadold

Well if you play in a group i doubt any cabbies will ae dot after mezz, but dont expect people not to do in larger battles.

Every goddamn alb will nuke, hit and crunsh anything in sight
in larger battles, and that includes the 'holy' ones in this post too.
More or less works same way with hibs/mids.
Before RA's not that much to be gained from rp, and people
did battle mostly to enjoy them and try to win.
RvR has become like xp, and if xp is good enough you can afford
a few deaths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom