To make use of my older device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Marc

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

I read somewhere that the company Novii Media released a new product - NoviiRemote Blaster. They say it's the first-ever universal remote control on an SD card.

I liked the main idea of the Blaster: I can control my home entertainment system in any convenient position without having to directly point at the controlled device.

I've got T|E. The Novii Blaster is compatible with it. But, actually, now I'm upgrading to a smartphone. At the same time I'd like to have a powerful remote at home that looks good and easy to setup. The comparable universal remotes are sold at a price of 200 - 1000$ They are awfully complicated to setup and are not insured from being damaged any time. I've got now 5 remotes at home and 2 of them are universal... :rolleyes:

So taking into account everything I read, the Novii Blaster especially makes sense for me: I can get quite a good universal remote and turn my dear old PDA into it any time I'd like, it solves the problem of poor range operation on my PDA, I can make use of my older device, I could be sure that it's worth every penny that I paid for it, it's easy to setup.

Now I'd like to learn your ideas on wether the NoviiRemote Blaster is worth buying? :rolleyes:
Thanks for all the opinions in advance,

Jean-Marc

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jean-Marc: is this an advertisement?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thats what I thought, only he hasn't posted a link, so perhaps its not.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Same username posted elsewhere in a similar 'rave about the product but don't pimp it directly style' but has one. It's a pimp, regardless how subtle.

Jean-Marc

Fledgling Freddie
Jean-Marc: is this an advertisement?

I'm afraid it's not. I'm just collecting the thoughts about the product in the i-net. What they say in advertisments and articles is one thing. The real opinions about the product that I bought I can read only at the forums. IMHO.

So what do you think? Probably, you used the Novii Blaster?

Clown

Part of the furniture
Door to door salesmen also have every product that they sell too.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Your linked post is dated the 23rd and claims to have bought one. The post above dated the 25th says you're considering purchasing one. One of the two posts is therefore a lie, so what else can we conclude except that we're being fed a story now?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Phelon said:
Rumbled ! :D

Quite :)

*hangs Jean-Marc from the ramparts by his goolies as an example to ward off other pimp-monkhays*

Jean-Marc

Fledgling Freddie
Your linked post is dated the 23rd and claims to have bought one. The post above dated the 25th says you're considering purchasing one. One of the two posts is therefore a lie, so what else can we conclude except that we're being fed a story now?

Sorry for the feeling "we're being fed a story now". I'm just collecting the information :) Nothing but curiousity.

In case I were a salesman I wouldn't speak here. It's silly :)

L

Lisa

Jean-Marc said:
I'm afraid it's not. I'm just collecting the thoughts about the product in the i-net. What they say in advertisments and articles is one thing. The real opinions about the product that I bought I can read only at the forums. IMHO.

So what do you think? Probably, you used the Novii Blaster?

My friends and I have had hours of fun changing channels in restaurant and wine bars with the help of NoviiRemote Blaster ;)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Lisa
Fledgling Freddie

Hmmm not at all suspicious...

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Jean-Marc said:
blah blah
My Ipaq, which is not new, came complete with a free fully licenced version of Nevo. No other hardware (SD Card) or software required to use as a remote for (more or less) any device. I suggest if you want to use your Ipaq as a remote you get Nevo. I don't work for Nevo.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Enough pimping shite now thanks.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Vae said:
Lisa
Fledgling Freddie

Hmmm not at all suspicious...

Vae is MAGNUM P.I. :wub: