To Konah And Stone Cold

O

old.mattshanes

Ok i seen your two names high up in the rankings i just want to know your templates for your mercenaries.

Thanks.

O

old.LandShark

Stone doesn't read these boards.
Konah is jealously proud of his spec and refuses to tell people, or at least to tell me...
*shrug*

I

Insurrextion

common template for mercs are -
50 weapon 50 dw 2x parry
44 weapon 44 dw 4x parry

i've heard of mercs who spec in shield for slam -
44 weapon 44 dw 42 shield 1x parry
39 weapon 39 dw 42 shield 3x parry
but imo that just makes your merc a gimped armsman ^^

T

Talifer

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Konah is jealously proud of his spec and refuses to tell people, or at least to tell me...
*shrug*

I did read on the vault boards Konah saying he was slash and thrust, not sure how high though, or whether he was joking?

Talifer

K

K0nah

yes i am slash and thrust ill let u figure the rest out ;)

O

old.mattshanes

I couldn't go without at least 44 DW as the later styles are nice damage and makes you hit more often with both weapons the higher it is.

K

K0nah

44 is min DW for a merc, its the only stun we get (bar Dragonfang but gl with evade1). Shield mercs go less of course, but a slam merc is just a gimped hybrid armsman with evade1/dirty ticks/flurry/advanced evade... If they made it so we could hotkey a shield in the 2hand slot it might become a viable template but atm equipping shield is a pain in the arse (and close to impossible in large scale rvr).

O

old.mattshanes

Konah is 44/44/44 a good template to go for?oh and do you have 50 in anything?is it worth it?

By the way i hope you realise crush has stuns:rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
*shrug*

he was slagging off my 40 50 40 spec on VN :) *grins*

hrm interesting... he's not a cookie cutter from the above posts..

44 dual I guess...

possible he's 44 44 44 dual/slash/thrust and 4 parry...

or maybe a more defensive 44 39 39 28 parry
since he likes reflection/hypnotic darkness :) (and you need a parry to fire for that)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by K0nah
44 is min DW for a merc, its the only stun we get (bar Dragonfang but gl with evade1). Shield mercs go less of course, but a slam merc is just a gimped hybrid armsman with evade1/dirty ticks/flurry/advanced evade... If they made it so we could hotkey a shield in the 2hand slot it might become a viable template but atm equipping shield is a pain in the arse (and close to impossible in large scale rvr).

slam mercs are pretty naff...
shield mercs ain't so bad (i.e. wacky defensive merc)
very similar to a warrior, but instead of whipping out a two handed axe, you wield your second weapon (still as much hassle as the slam merc, but you're not relying on it so much)

good defensively though.

A

alithiel50

Personally, I favour the 50 DW, 50 Slash, 27 Parry, 10 shield spec.....

The Merc is supposed to be a damage dealer, so I specced for maximum possible damage.

And I do hit HARD! - particularly when I manage to get one of those oh-so-rare double crit / double proc combos (and Mastery of Pain is very helpful in this department).

And the amount of damage done by flurry, when we get it, is based on DW spec..... so I'm going to be hitting even harder soon! :D

Personally, what I'm most looking forward to in the future (at the moment anyway) is the Prevent Flight RA..... 35% chance to proc a 50% snare when hitting your target from behind sounds fantastic when combined with the fact that I'm hitting my opponent twice with fast weapons. And it's a passive RA, too!
:clap:

My final suggestion, though, is that you read all these posts, and then design your character to suit how YOU want to play it - don't just go with the majority vote! ;)

F

Flimgoblin

aye :)

My spec is 40 slash 50 dual 40 parry btw :) coz I'm a parry freak...
and when 1.53 gets here (assuming I've made it to RR3 by then) I'm getting Prevent Flight + Determination 3 before anything else...

muahuha

O

old.mattshanes

I might do that too or go 50 crush 44 dw and 36 parry.Yes mercenaries get better and better.

NO WAY ARE WE GIMPS!

Long live the mercenary class!:clap:

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Fingoniel
he was slagging off my 40 50 40 spec on VN :) *grins*

40 slash is too low for a merc imo, thats why i slagged off that template. i'll take ur advice when ur not a green con :p

the 44/44/44 template is nice, so is 44/50/37. personally dont think its worth specin weapon to 50 unless u really want/like the style, altho u will always have a nagging doubt that u _could_ be doing more dmg, however slight it might be... ;)

tbh the bonus vs chain is so much (+15%) i often hit for more with my offhand than with my main, slash hand (-15%) and thats including the +style bonus on the main hand.

templates are about compromises, u have to decide what ur priorities are.

crush doesn't have a 6second stun, the lvl 50 style is broken. also the majority of armour types are crush resistant next patch..

O

old.mattshanes

It has a stun but not 6 secs but anyway i like the crush styles also the damage it produces,i will stay crush and see how it goes in 1.52.As for now its doing very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom