To GOA with love: regarding servernews

H

Hrogar

Seeing that the servernews on the DAOC homepage is rarely updated (I think the latest posts on both Excal and Pryd are from august) I was kind of wondering if it would be possible to give some of the players some responsibilty/possibility to send in news etc. Everything moderated and approved by GOA of course :lol:
I mean the community on the servers is what many people play for, and many people would probably be pleased to read articles about the latest keeptake, raid etc.
Hopefully it'd be possibly to get at least one person per realm to write articles. Might get a bit one-sided otherwise...
So what do you think? And if you just happen to be a GOA-employee: would this be possible?

Kind regards

Hrogar, master of too much sparetime

A

-ag-bometal

amen

You better email kemor or zarger then m8, because the chance they read it here is verry little...

Just a sugestion :)

S

Skaven

What he said. Theres some very talented ppl on these boards that can write a decent report. If a player can't write it, at least put our extra sub funding to some good use and hire someone who can.

S

sweeft

Well, had a long nice message and screwed up my quote..anyway when contacting gao, got an answer saying that they not posting news because of the stuff that happened last summer but that they planning to put it back soon afaik.
Told me to post via the rightnow thing and that they'll sort it out (or not, said might never get an published).

H

Hrogar

Okidoki, I'll try and pm one of them then. Thanks for the tip :cheers:

O

old.Tohtori

Yes! Bring in the 12 year old kids who seem mature enough in one mail to Kemor and let them cry to people about the wrongdoings of Mythic-Nerfbat and how they lost their game-privilages when their mother saw them oogling at titties. :D

N

-Nxs-

Combined with the network issues of yesterday - wouldnt it be better to give the E&E team access to submit news articles for the main home page (obviously they would not appear until approved by a GOA employee) at least then the customers get the news they need - faster !

H

Hrogar

What's the E&E-team?

Second of all the idea was players should keep GOA informed of the events of interest that take place. I know it used to work like that before with festivals, tournaments and even a relicraid once, but wouldn't it be nice to read about the biggest battles of last night even if there wasn't a relic involved? That's a bad example maybe, but what I'm getting at is it'd be nice with more news for players by players, since we've got a different point of view compared to any GOA-employees. Not saying ours is superior, mind you :lol:
And maybe some nice lists to go with it too. Most Valuable Player of the month, Best New Guild of the month etc. Plus any major transfers between guilds, guilds that have disappeared and guilds that have been created. Maybe a profile or two of the most famous players throughout the realms.
Of course all news would have to be approved by GOA so we don't get any flaming-articles etc.

Have a nice weekend all :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread