To FB testers: System stability ?

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
As soon as system stability allows, the second phase of the testing process will begin and more players will be added into the Final Beta Test. We will make every effort to accommodate all requests for beta accounts but there is always the possibility that we will be unable to meet demand, and we therefore strongly encourage motivated players to register an account as quickly as possible once the second phase of the Final Beta Test begins. More details regarding the second phase will be given shortly on www.wow-europe.com.

See you in Azeroth,
Blizzard Entertainment.

Well, I guess I'm a motivated player wondering when the second phase starts. So, how's the system stability ? ;)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Stekkerdoos said:
Well, I guess I'm a motivated player wondering when the second phase starts. So, how's the system stability ? ;)

There is no lag at all, so that would mean its stabel right?

Only thing that bothers me a bit is that when I'm fetching herbs I start picking flowers etc and when that bar below is done i sit down but don't get any window that tells me what I got. After that I keep sitting down, though I can still kill monsters. The loot that I get from them can't be picked up though, so I need to relog.

Besides that it's perfect.

Pinp

Banned
The stability is aweful...one of the main aspects of the game, raiding, is impossible, whenever Alliance players do a 30 man raid on Horde places, and we counter with around the same amount there is huge lag, you're unable to attack or cast spells, it's one laggy mess and totally unplayable..can only hope it's fixed because atm it sucks :<

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
Pinp said:
The stability is aweful...one of the main aspects of the game, raiding, is impossible, whenever Alliance players do a 30 man raid on Horde places, and we counter with around the same amount there is huge lag, you're unable to attack or cast spells, it's one laggy mess and totally unplayable..can only hope it's fixed because atm it sucks :<

must be cauz you got a crap comp or something. In US beta there was a huge fight with over 3 horde raid groups and about 2 times as many alliance and no lag at all....

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Haven't encountered any big problems as of yet. Altho they might have to think fixing "loot lag" and the #132 error :)

gin

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
There is no lag at all, so that would mean its stabel right?

Only thing that bothers me a bit is that when I'm fetching herbs I start picking flowers etc and when that bar below is done i sit down but don't get any window that tells me what I got. After that I keep sitting down, though I can still kill monsters. The loot that I get from them can't be picked up though, so I need to relog.

Besides that it's perfect.

I sometimes have the same problem with mining. only way I could fix it was to logout then back in again.

Pinp

Banned
Kaireem said:
must be cauz you got a crap comp or something. In US beta there was a huge fight with over 3 horde raid groups and about 2 times as many alliance and no lag at all....

My computer is fine, every channel is spammed with "WTF IS THIS LAG?!" by everyone in the area ;|

EDIT : The FPS are fine, but if you cast a spell, you wait 5+ secs before the bar comes up, by the time you have actually nuked the person has run off, I had around a 50 ping every time there were big fights like it so it wasn't my connection !

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
my ping is around 40-80, v. good for a rpg, since you can play those perfectly fine with ~150

Ive never been in huge raids though...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It does get laggy, but then so does every other online game when you have a large number of players in one area.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
PvP 6 was falling over last night when Alliance were raiding the Barrens.... the entire continent was going wonky, 6-7 seconds lag reported... I personally think the server was going to die, but nope, just a second or 2 of lag, and I was in bloody Hillsbrad on a different continent!

Other than that though, it's been pretty good.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Kaireem said:

the lag is awful on PvP 6, got 5-10 secs between clicking and the action when alliance raid barrens, no lag at all on the other continent though :p

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
the lag is awful on PvP 6, got 5-10 secs between clicking and the action when alliance raid barrens, no lag at all on the other continent though :p

Ofc there is lag at server 6, you are on it! You fat twoll! x<

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Tried disabling certain things? Like shadows and certain lightings cause they are the only things that make me lag with a lot of people in view. For the rest there are some hotspots ingame (especially Auberdine, dunno why that town but somehow that zone gets the lag and certain dungeons). It's like you got 10-30 sec lag with text and combat in that zone and when you get to some zones further or the other landmass it's all fine. Really odd. (This only happened after some weeks of constant online of the server...) I had no trouble visiting Auction House though but take it slow before running there cause when I zone in with my Inn Stone it has to load everything proper ;)

Corporal Carrot

Fledgling Freddie
Stability has been good, but not brilliant.

Dont start whacking client side graphics tweaks at me please :)

Issues this week have been

1. Huge lag (10-20 secs for instant cast) experienced by several groups and individuals within Barrens due to Alliance Raid on XRoads.

2. RFC and WC have had intermittent weird problems this week (last night server was rebooted for this, I assume) you play, everyone can chat without lag in both group chat and general and move - but NPC's and enemies just dont move or respond to anything. Last night all groups in RFC had this problem and the day before WC had the same thing.

3. The looting and sitting thing is VERY annoying and was in US Beta too, but was patched (dont understand why its re-occuring in EU).

But all in all, for the scale of the game and the number of people all joining on the same day (eg launch day, not going to happen at retail like it did with OB/FB) - its performed VERY VERY well.

I'd say its a matter of weeks rather than months, maybe mid to late feb is my best bet.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Yepp I had huge lag problems last night on PvP 8.

I was at WC entrance in barrens.. and I heard about 25-30 alliance players near Crossroad.. had 3-4sec delay on everything.. even though it was only me on my screen.

Later that night I moved to Hillsbrad(sp?) .. was fine first.. but then a raid of 30+ alliance players moved threw the area and the lag was horrible.. it took 5-6 seconds to loot a mob. And I never saw them myself just heard that they were in the area.

So yes it is problems with delay (lag) and it isn't a client problem.. I had 30fps+ and I'm on a 10/10 mbit internet connection.

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
See here for the gathering bug.

Also occurs when looting, like you say :)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Zedenz said:
See here for the gathering bug.

Also occurs when looting, like you say :)

Yeah that's an old bug been there since the beginning of Closed Beta.

But that hasn't anything to do with lag.

Corporal Carrot

Fledgling Freddie
cheers for that link. I think its good they have recognised it, but unfortunately a relog does not work for me, I have to attempt to loot a similar object in order to get rid.

eg. herbs do it, need to find another herb and pick that then return. or mobs, kill another mob and do it etc etc. Weird.

I can live with it though, for how many quests we have and how many continents there are remarkably few bugs.

They need to fix the barrens quest "Counter Attack" though so the guy does actually spawn - I feel so sorry for the 20 people who do it over and over wondering what they are doing wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom