to camp, or not to camp........

G

gra2002

I am not a camper but I haven't got a problem with other people defending. I think its all part of the game. I mean, of course you are going to get the odd few people wanting to stay and defend their flag while the rest of the team advance on the enemys flag.

The people who spam the chat with 'damn campers' etc are lame in my mind. For example, the map is Kam_3, the reds are pinning us blues in by our flag. I respawn alone and imediatly take a position guarding my flag until I have more backup from my team. I managed to take out 4 enemy and put a stop to the enemy attack for the time being. Next thing I know, some red team players start spamming 'campers,campers'.....

Now really lads, is this really camping?

Would you have been happier if I was to have ran infront of my flag alone with guns blazing...... hmmm yes, I wouldn't have lasted long. I thought the whole idea of CTF was that you had to attack the enemy flag and defend your own. If I am attacking the flag and I come up against some campers I dont care. It just makes me want to get back to where I was before a camper nailed me and have a second bite of the apple trying to kill him before he gets me again. I mean, once you know where the campers are, they don't last long (with some exceptions).

B

Bazerka

Heh :m00:

Personally, I just ignore all whingers like that. If they dont like how peeps play the game (as long as its not cheating, exploiting or generally being a f*ckwit), they can always go find a "carebear" server to play on :)

Jase.

D

ds_annihilator

gra2002 should get a Markmanship Medal

You are spot on gra2002; that is an excellently put post. Camping is all part of the game if you are defending your objective. I often see or later hear about people camping over the briefcase in Infiltration -- for example. If they are on the defending side then that is EXACTLY what they are meant to do - their role is not to go about the map seeking out the enemy.

They are expected to DEFEND the briefcase, which means shooting your mitts off if you touch it, or get too close for their liking. The only time I get frustrated (yes, I know -- I should not take this so seriously -- but at times it is hard not too) is when you find someone camping, not to Defend the objective or flag or whatever, but simply in a little corner of the map that has as much traffic as an express highway, to rack up points.

They do this, because they think the high score makes them look good, but as I saw in one screen shot, a player had amassed a staggering 202 points in a little over 30mins, if I recall correctly and had died less times than I have had the pleasure of spending a $100 bill -- which is not very often, let me tell you. Are we to believe that this player was not camping?
And is it possible that they were not near the objective, of which would have resulted in several opponents focusing their attentions on this player?

The only other possible answer I can conceive is that their opponents were either pitiful, or none existent for 2/3rds of the match.

N

new.KuraiHito

most people mistake camping for ambushing... shame but I don't mind being called admn camping sniper by the same guy I shot in exactly the same spot 4 times in a row (having moves myself just a tidy bit). Capture The Flag is about not having yours captured so ambushing (which is defending the paths to your flag and not directly your flag) is a way to play. Let'em yell camper all they want... CS will go budget one day I'll let them move on without regret.

H

hazadd

Hmmmmz

Its a tricky 1... i dont like campers, but "ghosts" who r watching u dont know what u can hear or have seen .. I have many times heard sum1 running 2wards me so i crouch an wait..
Camping or not???

The ppl who incesently f*kin moan about it r the n00bs!!

N

NightH@wk|

I have to say i am sick of some blue members in demolition crying camping t**** all the time you try to explain that the idea is to defend the bomb sites on red and they attack but it dont wash with some dim wits you just get more abuse.

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Defending is part of the game. Yet immature wingers just keep on with spam "Camping ******" Why don't they go back playing DM. And leave CTF, DEM, INF. to adults who like to use there brains when playing.

:twak:

Users who are viewing this thread