+% to buffs

Chronictank

FH is my second home
My bb has MOA3 and Red buffs
With equipment with +% to buffs is the % worked out on the base values or is it based on base values+realm ability?
SO for example with a gem +10% ot buffs
Buffs = ((Red Buffs+Moa3)/100)*10
or
Buffs = ((Red buffs/100)*10)+MOA3

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
My bb has MOA3 and Red buffs
With equipment with +% to buffs is the % worked out on the base values or is it based on base values+realm ability?
SO for example with a gem +10% ot buffs
Buffs = ((Red Buffs+Moa3)/100)*10
or
Buffs = ((Red buffs/100)*10)+MOA3

There is a hard cap on buffs too which needs to be considered, afair yellow buffs with mota3 and +20 buffing pretty much reach cap from what I hear.

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
There is a hard cap on buffs too which needs to be considered, afair yellow buffs with mota3 and +20 buffing pretty much reach cap from what I hear.
afaik, yellow buffs + 25% + mota1 caps almost everything

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Summoner said:
afaik, yellow buffs + 25% + mota1 caps almost everything

only acu i think you need to have red to cap ive heard, havent tested it so cant confirm it...

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
yellow buffs + 25% + mota2+ cap all
yellow buffs + 24% + mota3+ cap all

mota and buff% simply add in calculations

acu buff has no cap.

Sulphuric

Fledgling Freddie
I've done some investigation into this and some number-crunching, here's what I found.

If we're looking at spec buffs only, the maximum amount you can receive from a spec buff is 93 (level*spec buff bonus*bonus for being over 2/3 Aug spec = 50*1.5*1.25 = 93).

According to this post on VN boards:

http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Acolyte_Professions/b20903/59886620/p1

the way you calculate the value given by a spec buff is;

Take delve value of buff, multiply by (100 + Mastery of Arcane)%, round down.

Take that value, multiply by 1.25, round down.

Take that value, multiply by (100 + TOA stat buff effect.)%, round down.

So let's look at the Shaman's yellow con spec STR/CON buff, and assume we're using a full aug shaman here.

This buff delves as 57. According to the calculation outlined above, if you have no TOA buff% and no MOA, this buff will give you 71 points of STR and CON when cast.
If you want to get that up to 93 (the spec buff cap) you need 25% TOA buff effectiveness and MOA2, giving exactly 93.
You could get the same result with 20% TOA buff effectiveness and MOA4, or 15% TOA + MOA5, whichever you find easier to obtain.

Note that the yellow con DEX/QUI spec buff delves at 58, so the above applies as well - 25% TOA and MOA2 will calculate out as 95, which is over the cap so you're fine.

From what I've worked out, it's impossible to reach the 93 cap with the Acuity buff, even with the red one, because that delves at 52. Even with 25% TOA and MOA5 you still only get 91 - close but not quite maxed out.

I haven't tested this out in-game though, would be interested to hear from someone who could confirm all this.

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
From what I've been told you; if you have 25%ToA+yellow buffs+MotA2 you'll cap all but baseline Str. If you want the baseline Str you'll need MotA3.

Stoneface

Fledgling Freddie
Does this effect endregen? Im gonna respec my BB into 37aug / 39 cave i think. But end5 is still very much needed. Does anyone know what lvl aug buffshearing and the focus thing will be on? :flame:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i was told moa3+red buffs was cap
so buying items with %buff is pretty useless?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:

If it's just a bot then yeah they are pretty useless, the main advantage is for people who want to spec more in cave or possibly for some reason in mend.

With aug 37 you can cap all stats except acuity with toa items and mota, you don't get the top end regen, but with lw who needs it ;)

It's a shame they are boosting the aug line of shammys to make it a playable spec when what they really need to do is look at the viability of cave and completely rework mend (or just give shammys 1.5 spec points.......)

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Runolas.

it depends on +aug of BB - will it cap base str or not.

Stoneface

end regen is unaffected by mota and +buff

for levels for buffshearing spell and focus shield see patch 1.69. but most likely new fotm rvr shaman spec will be 44 aug, 31 cave, 4 mend -- for focus shield, ae con shear, end 5 - while retaining 1st farting and 2nd ae root.

mota 4 + red buffs = cap - assuming no toa buff% bonus

Runolas

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:

The reason is that you can spec more in cave, making your Shaman more viable/fun in RvR

Soazak

Part of the furniture
20k RPs, and my pachealer will have his buffs capped :D (i think)

8+16 aug, 25% buff, an my base dex does +59, another rr, moa1 and it might cap ;)

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
I have moa2+11% from toa on my own bb.. and i have the same buffs as my friends moa5 shaman \o/

Hakansson

Fledgling Freddie
Using specc 39cave , 37 aug on shaman , buff's i know cap is yellow S/C and D/Q , and Baseline except Str buff , it's 1 from cap =oP , but then i don't got max + on aug yet

Got mota3 + stats buff +25%

Haven't tested acui buff yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom