To avalon/us or stay uk cluster hmm

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I renewed last month, had some fun in rvr with my shade, and lvl'd my inf to 48,5 ;) I mostly play in the morning now and with like 50-100 peeps on excal then i cant say rvr is fun, in the evening its better but not good also.

My german is good so that would not be a problem, but im stuck with goa again, but when i move to us i cant play my shade etc when im borred on avalon or when i dont feel like lvling. But on US i get the latests patches.

I aint gonna pay for 4 accounts xD

Is avalon really worth it or would moving to US be better?

Only if they clusterd Uk servers with US :(

Gamah

Banned
Avalon <o/..I moved tehre but I don't understand german and couldn't be arsed to level in daoc again so I quit but it was fun while it lasted.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
depends on the class, if you want to solo on avalon then be prepared for a tough ride. 3000 people online at primetime of which 1500 in the frontiers makes for a hell of a lot of zergs.

the 8vs8 community is heaven - but there is no such thing for 1vs1. they tried, but gamemasters forbid it and fucked the entire initiative into the ground. you could join #ava-1vs1 and ask what its like though :)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
depends on the class, if you want to solo on avalon then be prepared for a tough ride. 3000 people online at primetime of which 1500 in the frontiers makes for a hell of a lot of zergs.

the 8vs8 community is heaven - but there is no such thing for 1vs1. they tried, but gamemasters forbid it and fucked the entire initiative into the ground. you could join #ava-1vs1 and ask what its like though :)

Aint wanna play a stealther anymore, 8 vs 8 seems nice with a setgroup the movie from you guys really was class, really inspired me to play fulltime agian :)
Bit like DH movie did in old frontier hehe.

Getting 7 other peeps and lvling together will be fun but getting the peeps together will be hard.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
can't understand their language.
something like heine reine brastworten...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dutch_NS said:
Aint wanna play a stealther anymore, 8 vs 8 seems nice with a setgroup the movie from you guys really was class, really inspired me to play fulltime agian :)

Getting 7 other peeps and lvling together will be fun but getting the peeps together will be hard.

Join some existing guild there hat is looking for people for FG runs?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
there is an open guild on Midgard Avalon called the Green Room it is an open guild with an open invite policy we have some new members there as from yesterday. Anyone is welcome at the moment to get it up and running.

If you start in there you can begin to level in a friendly English speaking alliance and you can help shape the direction of the new guild. The details about why we did this are here:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=211977

Sharkith

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
It really depends if you're willing to put in some effort. If you hang around brynja bridge - bled t3 area trying to find solo fights, you'll get zerged down, and very rarely find a good fight. But they do occur. However, with a lathe population like this, there's bound to be alot of people who enjoy 1 vs 1 fights, and if you try to find these fights, you will find them. I've had a couple runs and found some fights, but none against enemies below RR10, and the closest I came to winning one was getting a RR10 scout to 20%. But I'm still waiting for a bracer and my armor!

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I rerolled US, as a stealther it is quite enjoyable... as a 8v8 on the killibury cluster it looks to me like it would be boring for a hardcore player.

Basically they do lots of standoffs at the bridges and lots of siegeing, but i don't think there really is much 8v8 action.

Then again i might be totally wrong about that, but what I see as a stealther is that they do lots of standoffs and sieges lol (good for some free rp imo)

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
Im playing the free trial on us servers to see if i like it and so far i do its just like daoc use to be.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Dutch_NS said:

There are guilds up and running on all 3 realms on avalon, NFD /as even has a new player guild, the nocturne /as on hib is heaven for PUGs(even tho we just joined it) the PUG /as on alb isnt as good but i guess with golden age nero incobus realm hunters all beeing fairly big they could make a own /as with a good player base. got invited to alot of german pugs on avalon as well both with sorc and pally. And the language part is SOOO easy to overcome, im crap at german still havent had much problems apart from scrolls and that only took a few days and several pms to sort out.

Not sure about US, few m8s who play there and casual rvr seems nice but if ur looking for real fg v fg i wouldnt hesitate to roll avalon as the grps there are alot better then i thought b4 rolling there.

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
zone aint language based anymore. Wonder why they did that :p. Plz share rvr zone with erhm lets see.... Avalon :)

Karmatika

One of Freddy's beloved
It isn't the zones that are the problem. It's the items. Nothing is stopping GOA from clustering the English servers into a German cluster right now, other than that they don't know how the game will behave when it comes to items with different names. To bad they didnt use IDs instead of plain text.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
Erulin said:
And this has to do with RvR how exactly ?

And why do you even care about it?

Ontopic: Depends on what u wanna play.. if u got a set grp rdy or just know a place you can get in grps easily i think Avalon would be the place, but for solo/FG/Sieging try out US maybe..

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Erulin said:
And this has to do with RvR how exactly ?

let the mods to their job idiot.

On topic:

Ive mad about 70k on my warden so far 50k has been made in last 3-4 days in poc solo :) It's quite good fun roaming around the genral rvr keeps as there are lots of soloers there.

Givf cluster tbh or char transfear so the ones who opose playing on a german/french server can have a choice.

Though Imo I think any cluster with the English servers should be in english really. More people world-wide speak english then german/french, thats a fact.

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
I joined US Server due to low pop and unable to get a grp on pyd/exc and i think i have made the right move ...

server is always busy , ive been playing most mornings and theres lots of action alot lot more then pyd/exc , always get grps even without asking (lvling - battlegrounds - rvr) and the yanks love us playing there sever ( also if you use ts-vent its funny is hell we them ) ...
Towers-keeps-relics always being taken , just how pyd/exc used to be when i first started playing ...

I tryed german server before i went US and i hated it (just my point view) , i didnt know were any thing was or said so a week of that made my mind up for me ...

I also would say you must try US CLASSIC , there are so many people in this classic cluster , loads and loads of lvl 0-10 running about it takes u back to old days i guess , but i lvled a char to thid battleground and is was alot of fun , well there were 50-60 mids grping soloing all over the place and this was at 6 pm gmt ...

Its up to you mate ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom