To all the wannabe mana bombs...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I am sick and tired of grouping with wannabe Usp's and Zedorf's meanwhile. You heard manachanters are uber? Yes, if you can actually play one properly...

1. If the groupleader tells the bard to ae mez a group of mobs, so the group of 8 with only one hero and two hybrid tanks can take them out one by one... go right ahead and charge amongst them to start to pbaoe-ing them like there is no tomorrow.
1.1 Tanks should build up aggro first? Forget it, buddy - bombs away!

2. Make sure to complain alot if you get aggroed as a result of your own stupidity while the tanks struggle to get all the mobs off you again.

3. If asked to stop pbaoe-ing because the situation is not appropriate, start a huge discussion and use following arguments "That's how I specced" or "We will get huge ammounts of xp like that!!"

4. Oh... and tell others how to play their character. Very important.

Why I put this on the general forums?
A) to point out that 95% of the "manabombs" have no idea whatsoever how to play a proper PBAoE specced char.
B) trying to prevent more manabomb alts
C) to ask Usp to write a easy-to-understand-guide-how-to-be-a-manachanter
D) to ask a Mod to make c) a sticky on the Hibernian forums.

:flame:

O

old.linnet

You missed the bit about throwing a wobbly if you are ever asked not to PBAE, ... and always PBAeing in DF, especially when there is a train coming through ;)

Lin

M

mid_Efour

GROUP ROLES

Jesus how hard can it be If tanks cant take all aggro at once then 1 by 1 kill the mobs after a mezz you start liek this from LvL 10 in hib if u have a PBAoE grp going.

If people cant play after lvl 15 then dont bother grouping with them, Variation of Grping style in Hibernia is crap, Know your role and do it.

I got a lvl 21 ManaEldritch, i wont even bther to join a group unless we can get at least 2 tanks and/or a hybrid char.

Hibernia is starting to get boring already, im expected to nothing but this until lvl 50, exciting class :) Repsec when i hit 50 i guess

O

old.Charonel

with all due respect this isnt a mana bomb issue, it's simply the same with anyone, like all the tanks that i, as a nuker, have to teach how to taunt style mobs (having to do this with lvl40 tanks is depressing), or all the void eldies who dont know how to let others get aggro first, or all the bards who dont know to bother playing the songs during downtime etc...

the problem isnt stupid people playing mana bombs, it's just stupid people, please dont single out one class and spec, you get it in ALL classes. and your gonna get it a LOT just after respec when nobody is used to playing their new specs at all. :)

G

Generic Poster

My manachanter is a LuriBomb!

Note: LURI and BOMB

I am uber, so stfu.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Ah.. please don't think I am trying to slag off manachanters as a character class.

The problem is the ammount of bad played manachanters that flood Hibernia at the moment. Therefore calling them wannabes.
*sighs*

It is just becoming frustrating to join any bigger group lately - there will be a wannabe manabomb in it for sure.
And then - die because of an uberpull because the uberchanter overestimates his/her powers.

Utterly frustrating.

Edit: *starts hitting Generic Poster with a blunt object*;)

O

old.Demerzel

lol true, but they learn once they die 30 times in a row

V

VidX

Bah! can't find it :)

Will do a quick guide tomorrow at work (probably about 5 pages long) while I'm bored.

Now, after another successful Legion raid, I'm away to :sleeping:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Demerzel

I think sickofit is upset at joining them in these 30 deaths ;)

There are times and places for pbaoe, a moron with a mana chanter is about as dangerous as a moron with a spear... they can both screw it up. Luxury in albion - you can choose who to pbaoe with ;) well assuming you have your own ice wizard - be hard pressed to find any others.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Oh - forgot one:

Yell "use taunting blade ffs" for roughly ten times (or better: macro it) while the tanks try to get the mobs off you again.

Fail to realize, though, that one to a dozen hits with 'taunting blade' won't do crap if you have built up enough aggro with your beloved PBAoE....

O

old.job

LOL

I rescued a group in the Muir Tomb, they like had 15 spiders/hags on em and were shouting for help.

So I PBAO'D the lot, which were all grey to me.

Said there thnks, but then a grp along side started seriously personally flaming me for pinching the kill they were on at the time.

I said ffs it was just one kill, so the grp I helped started flaming them, I sneaked off and left them to it :)

F

Frubly

But thats not what happens they die 30 time in a row each time getting more and more pissed off and telling everyone exactly what they should be doing while ignoring any tips going their way then after 30 odd kills they release instead of waiting for res and disband from group without a word. any pm's to the person receive a hail of abuse about not knowing how to play they game (inserting the word lame and newbie randomly). You also suspect that all members of the group have been slated in guild chat but are not sure.

this hasn’t happened to me .............. honest :D

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
*starts hitting Generic Poster with a blunt object*;)

I was playing the noob-manachanter... you should know better :p

Go kill grey-con beetles because LURIBOMBN RockoR

R

Roo Stercogburn

I suspect in 1.52 and the suppression frenzy we'll be getting with the SM pbae nuke we're in for a lot of similar situations.

Expect similar threads from Midgard in the next month or so :)

R

rynnor

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
I suspect in 1.52 and the suppression frenzy we'll be getting with the SM pbae nuke we're in for a lot of similar situations.

Expect similar threads from Midgard in the next month or so :)

I thought so too - so to avoid that I started a Mana Chanter on Excaliber first to get used to PBAE - I probably did all the stupid things tho I died less than when I'm the melee in groups.

The groups that worked well got amazing xp - occasionally groups had no idea particularly about parking mobs nice n close to the chanter/ using taunts etc. but thats just part of the learning curve - it takes a while to learn a new play style :)

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

2. Make sure to complain alot if you get aggroed as a result of your own stupidity while the tanks struggle to get all the mobs off you again.

*cough* bollocks

Have you ever played a Mana Spec Eld/Chanter ?

We happen to draw agro from the tank quite often due to the high ammount of dmg we deal and the fact that 90% of tank are imcompetant.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Re: Re: To all the wannabe mana bombs...

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

*cough* bollocks

We happen to draw agro from the tank quite often due to the high ammount of dmg we deal and the fact that 90% of tank are imcompetant.

90% of the tanks are incompetent?
I forgot you self-proclaimed manabombs are without flaw...:rolleyes:

My main happens to be a light specced Enchanter... but does it matter? I am talking about grouping with you trigger happy freaks not about playing a manachanter.

L

lairiodd

Re: Re: To all the wannabe mana bombs...

Originally posted by old.Xanthian

*cough* bollocks

Nope, pbaeo doesnt count as aggro damage ... it is spread evenly accross the whole group (with you getting fractionally more). This means you get hit only if the tanks miss one of the mobs or you pbaoe before they have gained sufficient aggro ... which is normally only 1 taunt landed. Which obviously does happen esp when you havent a clear plan as to who should pick up what mob on a pull or if one more add than expected comes. In fins groups the healers tend to get aggro much more often than the pbaoer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom