To all sbs

J

jox

I have suspected during a long time that dex dosent do a shit, and here it comes;

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=59278752&replies=48

I have done some tests myself to confirm it.

Conclusions;
- Kobolds are even worse assassins than we thought.
- Shadowblades are even worse assassins than we thought.

But the good thing with this is that we can work out a good template much easier while thrust/pierce-speced infils/ns have to include dex.

J

jox

Ops, sorry this was supposed to go under the Midgård-section.

V

Vrollo

Well did you also read this reply?

7.6 % more parry, 5.6 % better block and -2% evade

Because block and parry occur before evade in the chain-of-resolution. Edit: Had your evade NOT gone down once the Dex got buffed I would have been surprised - because your other defenses become more effective with higher Dex.

You need to do this test using a class that has Evade as their only "active" defense. The shield and parry are tossing your test out the window as completely unreliable. You also omit the number of misses which means we can't crunch your test for ourselves.

Edit #2: Actually the more I think about it, it can be used as an argument to show that Dex does improve your evade, since your evade rate dropped by only 2% where-as your other defenses increased by over 5% each. In theory had Dex not improved your evade your rate should have tanked completely given the increases in block/parry.

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Vrollo
Well did you also read this reply?

7.6 % more parry, 5.6 % better block and -2% evade

Because block and parry occur before evade in the chain-of-resolution. Edit: Had your evade NOT gone down once the Dex got buffed I would have been surprised - because your other defenses become more effective with higher Dex.

You need to do this test using a class that has Evade as their only "active" defense. The shield and parry are tossing your test out the window as completely unreliable. You also omit the number of misses which means we can't crunch your test for ourselves.

Edit #2: Actually the more I think about it, it can be used as an argument to show that Dex does improve your evade, since your evade rate dropped by only 2% where-as your other defenses increased by over 5% each. In theory had Dex not improved your evade your rate should have tanked completely given the increases in block/parry.

Well.... many in the same thread, amongst those the Hunter TL (whom I trust a tad more then random posters there), states the order for checks are evade first.

Evade is the very first check made against an attack, before parry, before shield, and even before the hit/miss/fumble check. The user's parry ability would have no effect upon this test.

The last test in that thread shows more that dex have no influence, when tested on 2 SBs.

this is agianst a lvl50sb using another lvl50sb....

242dex
127qui
904 attacks logged
evade % = 22.1%
---------------------
168dex
127qui
848 attacks logged
evade % = 21.2%
---------------------
243dex
220qui
600 attacks logged
evade % = 26.71%
---------------------

So it does infact seem that dex. has little influence on SBs .... nice when kobies have high dex, and dex is primary stat for the class
:rolleyes:

I

Iswind

Originally posted by Xandax
Well.... many in the same thread, amongst those the Hunter TL (whom I trust a tad more then random posters there), states the order for checks are evade first.

Yeah the checks are Evade -> Parry -> Block

:)

S

salamurhaaja

Hi Jox.

Keep up the good work that you are doing in IGN :)

K

Kindar

I read that and fell of the chair laughing. Really sucks bigtime when being told dex affected evade...and since sbs have dex as primary stats...wtf?
Im so rerolling my norseman sb to valkyn. Although Valk have less str, he would prolly evade more...and hurt less thou.

I really hope this is a BIG bug and it will get fixed or changed. If not, then im gonna cap quick on my berserker as well to try that out for evade rate. My berz is only 32 now, but with capped quick. Damage is still very decent and i like his attack speed.

But plz...someone find out about this dex ain't affecting evade soon. Not going to lvl a sb if its true >_<

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Aybabtu
If just Pin was here :(

yer hed of proved infils were overpwred and infils would be nerfed oh i hope for that day :)

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by Conchabar
yer hed of proved infils were overpwred and infils would be nerfed oh i hope for that day :)

Which fotm are you playing now btw? :p

J

jox

Lol @ kobold sbs;

Luri/elphs = 40/40, kobolds 50/50

What does a kobie have to give up(comparing to a ns) for this little stat advantage?

Better racial resistance
Insta dd(a perfect way to destroy pns, interrupt casters/snipers & stop mincers)
Better armor table
Pierce(debuff-resistance, evade-based stun & useable primestat)
Viper
AP

Hm, sorry forgot that the kobie also gain the ability to perf with a twohander and get 100 more hit points, lol.

S

saltymcpepper

cos viper owns so much yeah!
i know one ns with it, hes inactive and rr8.

K

Kindar

When on the subject on SBs...then i got a question. What RA would be best to get first? See Hidden, Purge....or some passives?

O

old.Xarr

oh man... as if the sb's weren't on their knees already :|

A

arrakeen

Originally posted by Kindar
When on the subject on SBs...then i got a question. What RA would be best to get first? See Hidden, Purge....or some passives?

purge then passives.. atleast that would be my choice if i ever decided to rool a stealther :)

S

Soromaar2

hmm it "feels" like u evade alot more when dex buffed to 347 dex..hmm but if this is the case then..redo sc mebbe..

O

old.Filip

hmmm i wanna whine a bit too... :)

i made my sarcen minser with +10 to dex/quick/con (SUPER NOOB)

i so much want a race respec stone !1!!!

(and ya ya i know minser is good ... but i wanna whine anyway)

E

-evull-

and it's a freakin' saracen filip :p

well, then my +10 quickness from creation isn't all that wasted after all, tho i would prefer to have +10 con anyways :p

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Xarr
oh man... as if the sb's weren't on their knees already :|

Bladeshades are in an even more worse position :p

O

old.Xarr

Originally posted by belth
Bladeshades are in an even more worse position :p

then they have my complete sympathy and best wishes.. poor guys :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom