To all interested in defeating Xanxicar...

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
Xanxicaran Elites: These are essentially level 75+ Reavers. They use Reaver chants, hit for massive damage, and take massive damage to kill. They drop ROG items on occasion as well. No point on killing them, just kill the 2 patrols and send minstrel off grouped with buffs and blade turn to drag them to xanxicar, then go in quickly.

Xanxicar: The destroyer of Avalon himself. This is one of the hardest bosses in the expansion, and the Dragon of Albion SI. I would suggest a raid of well over a hundred players to fight him.
General Tactics to use: Resurrection Groups, Debuffs, Zerging, Pet Spam.
Specific Tactics: Xanxicar is a Lightning dragon, and thus, get high energy resistances. He appears to be weak to Spirit damage, so smite and the like are effective. He calls for help at approximately 50% health, and throws much more frequently than Golestandt. His Breath Weapon is a PBAOE, making it horribly dangerous :twak: . He broadcasts that he is stomping the ground before PBAOEing, so run away when he does that if possible. His melee damage is low enough that you could keep him on a single tank if they were capable of getting his attention. After Xanxicar is killed, get the loot and run, or you’re in for a surprise. Like other high level monsters, pet spam is almost a must here, especially as the fight draws to a close. The call for help will often distract many of your attackers, and as such, you will need the pet spam to prevent him from regenerating.
Rewards: Two ROG items.

Hope this info is usefull...

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
where did you copy and paste that from :p

Last time i uber buffed Yussef and send him down to agro all the Elietes....then the zone crashed :p

Blame the Saradin :p (And Derric!)

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
Well last night we did verywell with the elites.The problem is that not only 50 people arnt enouth especially if we dont have any relics :eek:

And as for the copy/paste yes i did, but this thread is only for people to give ideas on how to kill Xanxi. People cant just quit and release after their first death.Although paladins are great pulling Xanxi away from the others... lets face it, they dont do much of damage. Ice wizs and Fire wizz are also worthless (believe me i am one ;) ). Just posting this thread so that people dont make the sames mistakes as the ones that were done this last raid.
Leadership was great... have Darklis and Booner to thank for that, we just didnt expect somethings to happen, hope next raid would have more cabys, sorcs, Theurgists and a LOT more people :)

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Cerdric said:
Well last night we did verywell with the elites.The problem is that not only 50 people arnt enouth especially if we dont have any relics :eek:

Relics only affect damage in RvR, or so i was told a long long time ago, has this changed ?

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Was reading the same article myself this morning...

The gist of it tactics wise was:

Capped energy resists
Spirit weak mob
Run when area broadcast appears
Pet spam
Dedicated rez grps
Loot & run...

Might be interesting to try Smite/GTAOE... I know there are a few Earth wizzies out there (me included) that could make it interesting...

Just gotta get the hell outta there on the broadcast msg & keep dedicated rezzers outta range of it and get ppl up with 100% rez ASAP...

Always up for another shot at it

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
His pbae while is massive and very frequent it still obeys the same distance rules as other PBAEs.
His radius is too big to outrun, granted, but it still reduces the damage if you do.

Last night I was getting hit for 800-1000 damage on his PBAEs if I didn't run. If I did, then I was still getting hit but only for 100-400 damage (depending on how far I ran).
The real killer is his double PBAEs.

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath said:
Was reading the same article myself this morning...

Might be interesting to try Smite/GTAOE... I know there are a few Earth

Always up for another shot at it

Well i would agree with you... but only if casters had a incredible high percentage of Magestic will :flame: imho. Im a ice wiz and none of my spells did a single hit...so you see the problem. from what i see we would should a lot of pets cabys/theurg pet spaming the dam bug while cabys do spirit dam and also debufs from sorcs if possible. Whlie this clerics healing pets, wich would result on less people dead.
As for the Pbaoe range its obvious that the range/dam do apply so if pets die casters can do other pets and keeping him from regen

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
Xanxicar pbaoe obey as other pbaoes rules...the further away the less damage, as for any ice/fire/earth dam are worthless onless casters have majestic will at high levels....

The idea is to fight with pets, if they die...who cares? :flame: cast a nother pet :)

that way less damage from melee/throw to the air/pbaoe damage...the +20% damage relic would be great..not sure if it applys to pets to.

One thing is sure it CANT be killed with just 50 people...100 or more especially 100 not quitters after first death. at 50% he calls for help then the pallys come in and substitute pets while pets entertain the elites that come to help the bug...like he needs help <grins>

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
Xanxicar drops >>> dragon drops ?

Well like i said he drops ROG items... and if you get xanxi head... you can put it on your house...and that is priceless! :)

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Cerdric said:
Well i would agree with you... but only if casters had a incredible high percentage of Magestic will :flame: imho. Im a ice wiz and none of my spells did a single hit...so you see the problem.

Now there's the thing...

Earth wizzies bring one thing to the table that Fire & Ice don't...
GTAOE cannot be resisted... so Majestic Will don't mean squat :p

Not a hope in hell for Fire or Ice on the raid to do anything other than help with adds @ 50% and give earthen buffs...

While you're doing that, the Earthers can just AOE away (only every 6 seconds but still) and laugh :p.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Since you don't have the 'Glare' problem you can Position the Dragon on one side of the Cave while your healers at on the other side
You'd need a very good paladin to hold agro.

Enough pets/people on the dragon will mean Cleric/Theugists will be able to nuke it (like on ML10 mobs :p Smiting Draco for 150 :p)

Still a very do-able encounter with 40+ people

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Since you don't have the 'Glare' problem you can Position the Dragon on one side of the Cave while your healers at on the other side
You'd need a very good paladin to hold agro.

Enough pets/people on the dragon will mean Cleric/Theugists will be able to nuke it (like on ML10 mobs :p Smiting Draco for 150 :p)

Still a very do-able encounter with 40+ people

Well we did try that last night...Flesh tried to hold aggro by himself...the poor lasted 6 - 8 secs max. I do agree with you that theurgists and cabys should nuke the bug and clerics on the other side...but not with only 40 people.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
If his melee damage isnt that bad, then why not just have the agro group start the encounter, a few pallys, clerics and pow fields should do. make sure they all twist heal, and use Faith Heal, then let the rest of the zerg attack from behind later, using as much melee-detaunt as possible, GTAOE and pet spams.

Anyway, im up for another run, especialy if i can pull the big things and die alot.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
10 theurgs with 48 earth, 5-6 necros power transferring :]

Cerdric

Fledgling Freddie
well the problem is that GTAOE as no effect as as the dam bug resists them. Only spell i saw do dam was sorcs and cabbys spells not sure on theur tho. Worth a try...but only if we have like 20-30 cabbys/sorcs/theur nuking(thats evil) <smiles> as for having lots of people melee him its useless..simple math..if his pbaoe does 800 damg on everyone around him having 10 people around him is 800X10 then 20 people around him is 800X20...wich results on 16000 hit points for clerics to heal<grins>(thats even more evil).
Imho remaining (alive) pallys doing healchants and faith heals are more usefull for they save some work for clerics that would be busy healing pets attacking the bug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom