To all in Thidranki

C

Col|

I don't know how many people know this, but if someone beckons you, they are asking you for a 1 on 1 fight, usually, unless they are down right nasty buggers. So please, if you or a friend gets beckoned, if you feel like taking the person on, do so, but please let it be a fair fight, no outside help from either side.

E

Eldunidal

/beckon

Set a place, and date, and time, and I'll bring my 22 Warden, Melee specced >)

No whimp-stealthing tho...

Full-melee battle.... you might've met my Thidranki Beat Squad...

Arcyn Valkyrian 22 Melee Warden
Coale 22 LW/Valor Champion
Mixan Slowpoke 24 LW/Parry Keen Champion
Nolio Nee 24 Enchantment Enchanter, dmg add 5.
Ph33r us... We play clean, and we play tactical :p

Almost pwned the Alb Zerg once :p Picked 4 of you, Friar, Infil, Infil and Armsman....

Was an awesome fight, too bad Thidranki people are so stupid that they don't care about healers... both Infils attacked Coale but missed, so I could just heal him while he smashed them both to little piles...

Gather up 4 of you , 20-24 pick a place, and meet us there :)
Or, go by yourself and let's do a real clean fight :)

C

Col|

Hehe

The point of the post was for some Hibs on late last night, a Merc beckoned someone down off the hill, said person came down and the fight started, then a Ranger decided to join in, so I started on the Ranger, to try and keep the fight fair, then a NS started on me, all the while a Druid i think it was, was healing away.

O

old.chesnor

I always target people who /beckon and generally want to duel in Thidranki. Lame duellers pah :p

Bugger off to Camlann, thats what its there for...

C

Col|

Well, since it was late, after 2am i think, and idiot Albs had been camping HK for well over 30 mins, the Merc just wanted to try himself out against someone 1v1, its not like you could call the duelling RP farming, since max RP you would get is 4. I personally don't think its bad, since it means you can try out your abilities against someone 1 on 1. It certainly beats the usual zerging, specially since Thid seems to be going that way now too.

O

old.chesnor

If people want to duel, they should arrange it on IRC or something and go somewhere quiet to do it. Hell, you got Mudrigan(sp?) and Caledonia like almost empty, if you really wanna duel, go there....Pretty rude expecting everyone to observe duels in Thidranki, when people like me just want to kill everyone from the other realms.

I have found duellers before in Thidranki, I always kill them, and I always ignore any "we were duelling, that was my mate yadda yadda" bs from my realm mates.

T

toxx

Theres nothing u can really say to change anyones mind in a situation like this, either they understand the concept of a duel, and would leave 2 people to it, or would enjoy to duel themselves, or they will just barge in on any fight for shits n giggles.

Personnaly im all for duels, and would appreciate it if a few people who see 2 people going one on one not to intervene.

24 Sorc - Sentient
24 Merc - Chuddy

G

Gallak

Well in my opinion we're at war, if I see a Hibbie I bash, if I see an Alb, I bash. Hibs and Albs aint friends of mine and shouldn't be friends of any Middie. Make war, not friend!

C

Col|

Originally posted by Gallak
Well in my opinion we're at war, if I see a Hibbie I bash, if I see an Alb, I bash. Hibs and Albs aint friends of mine and shouldn't be friends of any Middie. Make war, not friend!

heheh

The point of this post wasn't about being friends with other realms or ganking on sight, it was about dueling and trying your strengths and weaknesses against your opponents. Mythics main aim with the BGs was to introduce new players and low levels to RvR without them being run over by some purple+++ con enemy. Now I think alot of people use the BGs for trying out different chars, see which they like to play and those they can't get on with. So if you look at it that way, one of the ultimate tests for the current BG char being played, especially melee classes, would be to go 1 on 1, no interference from the outside, but those doing the duel use everything in THEIR arsenal to win.

Which is what the Merc wanted to do against a Champ that was about that night, I think it would've been a good fight personally, since although the Merc probably does more damage, the champ has nice debuffs and a DD, so I think it would've been a very close.

O

old.chesnor

People attempt to point out many, many times on these boards, the ability of a class in 1on1 situations means jack shit in real RvR.

If we all paraded at tk, and got beckoned down the hill for duels by the hib/albs, what would be the result? Who would play healing specced healers, bards or clerics? What they gonna do in duels, heal you to death?

This is why I like to kill my enemy in RvR with my realmates. Take your healers, mezzers, casters, tanks and go zerg the enemy. Zerg or be zerged. If you don't like it, go to Russia (or Camlann)

C

Col|

Originally posted by old.chesnor
People attempt to point out many, many times on these boards, the ability of a class in 1on1 situations means jack shit in real RvR.

If we all paraded at tk, and got beckoned down the hill for duels by the hib/albs, what would be the result? Who would play healing specced healers, bards or clerics? What they gonna do in duels, heal you to death?

This is why I like to kill my enemy in RvR with my realmates. Take your healers, mezzers, casters, tanks and go zerg the enemy. Zerg or be zerged. If you don't like it, go to Russia (or Camlann)

Fair enough, you like to zerg and kill with your realm mates, that's fine for you, it's what you like doing the most, but others would like to test their chars abilities 1 on 1 and to say its means nothing isn't strictly true, but right in the majority of RvR situations. As I have said in several of the replies in this post, the Merc wanted to test the char, to see if it was worth him continuing on after BG cap or delete and roll something else, in zergs it's kind of hard to see if it's worth it or not, since most people in your own realm are scrabbling for RPs.
As for healing specced classes, you will always have some people that will be that way inclinde, yes there wont be many of them, but they would be out there and like the Midgards healers, be like gold dust, hence sort after alot.
As for zergs, no I don't like them much, can get kinda boring at times, but they are part of the game at the moment, so I live with it, I try to play as intelligently as I can, not always the case, but nobodies perfect. :p

K

keoine

I think the biggest problem I'd have is that if I stumbled across two people fighting, one being a realmmate, and it looked touch and go I probably would dive in to help - there just not being enough time to check whether they need help or not - I know I'm always grateful if someone does that for me, in my one-on-ones.

I know that's not what you've said, and is specific to the second person being aware of the 'throwing down of the gauntlet', but a lot of the time it's likely that the third person might not have been present for that, and was just genuinely trying to save the neck of a fellow realmer.

Users who are viewing this thread