To all ex-mir players

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Ragnarok1978
And this is DAoC related how?

Because alot of people, including me, left Mir for DAoC Beta, so i thought it would be an interesting thread..

S

solothores

Definitly interesting... showing what the risks for developers are to license their products to third parties and to what abnorm result they can lead...

K

Keri

I'm not surprised either. I left LoM when DAoC EU open beta started. Gave away all my 26 Wiz's items and cash, and deleted her. Now we know why those promised pastches never seemed to arrive, and why all the GMs ever said was something along the lines of:
No English ^__^

L

Lafala Arifel

Shocked - yes... surprised - not even slightly :p
Explains an awful lot... :rolleyes:

I wonder if Dig Bros. have made a similar kind of statement in defence of these accusations?

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Keri
...Now we know why those promised pastches never seemed to arrive....

didn't arrive or arrived very late? :rolleyes:

O

old.Kladen

i quit mir in febuary do you think my level 26 taoist will be on the free server?

i remember i got one thing on my character worth something (back then) martial sword +1luck 0-1SC 5-20DC(something like that)

i wouldnt mind having a "little" go at it if my accout is still about, but since they had poor service its unlikely it will be alive :(.

mir was pants anyway, daoc is kinda pants but 5 times as better.

and im too scared to play everquest coz theres alot of disturbing articles about people playing it too much.

taoists are the gimps! paladins are the gimps! why do i always pick gimp characters!

O

old.Xanthian

hahahaa!!!!

ALl them stupid fools STILL playing that game :rolleyes:

A

Archeon

i seriously doubt you'l ever find an online game with a 100% satisfied player base, i know loads of people bitch about being 3-4 patches behind the americans. and how its all the french/germans fault cause they need the patch translated, etc, etc.

If anything my time in mir taught me that the DAoC waits are childs play in comparision :)

(oh, it also taught me two other things

1. the majority of players speak like they know what their doing, but in the end their usually just sheep that macro

/stick nearest nolby pride member

2. its easy to amuse people be splurting out random crap as long as it has no relevence to the situation, I.e.

I'm not dead, i'm just tripped over my shoe-lace

sorry idiots of DAoC ;) )

R

Ragnarok1978

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
STFU and let the man speak

Never said he shouldn't, just don't see how it fits the "General chat about the game from all realms/servers" description of the forum.

F

FredaOfAxiom

Never said he shouldn't, just don't see how it fits the "General chat about the game from all realms/servers" description of the forum.

For those of us that used to play the game it's quite some issue. It's nothing to do with daoc but for a gaming community its a whole new ball game.

Im glad I left when daoc was in closed beta.

D

darbey

Originally posted by Keri
I'm not surprised either. I left LoM when DAoC EU open beta started. Gave away all my 26 Wiz's items and cash, and deleted her. Now we know why those promised pastches never seemed to arrive, and why all the GMs ever said was something along the lines of:
No English ^__^

Ditto, and yes i still dont believe people play this tosh. Other month in a drunken stupor i bought 1 month of account time and played it for 10 mins DOH, im never going to drink wine again.

J

Jiggs

ÀÌ ÆäÀÌÁö¸¦ ãÀ» ¼ö ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.
ã°í ÀÖ´Â ÆäÀÌÁö°¡ »èÁ¦µÇ¾ú°Å³ª À̸§ÀÌ º¯°æµÇ¾ú°Å³ª ÀϽÃÀûÀ¸·Î »ç¿ëÇÒ ¼ö ¾ø½À´Ï´Ù.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

´ÙÀ½À» ½ÃµµÇØ º¸½Ê½Ã¿À.

ÁÖ¼Ò Ç¥½ÃÁÙ¿¡ ÆäÀÌÁö ÁÖ¼Ò¸¦ ÀÔ·ÂÇß´Ù¸é ÁÖ¼Ò¸¦ Á¤È®È÷ ÀÔ·ÂÇß´ÂÁö È®ÀÎÇØ º¸½Ê½Ã¿À.

www.wemade.com Ȩ ÆäÀÌÁö¸¦ ¿¬ ´ÙÀ½ ¿øÇÏ´Â Á¤º¸¿¡ ´ëÇÑ ¸µÅ©¸¦ ãÀ¸½Ê½Ã¿À.
µÚ·Î ´ÜÃ߸¦ Ŭ¸¯ÇÏ¿© ´Ù¸¥ ¸µÅ©¸¦ ½ÃµµÇØ º¸½Ê½Ã¿À.
HTTP 404 - ÆÄÀÏÀ» ãÀ» ¼ö ¾øÀ½
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

±â¼ú Á¤º¸(Áö¿ø Àη¿ë)

ÀÚ¼¼ÇÑ Á¤º¸:
Microsoft ±â¼ú Áö¿ø

so true!!

G

Gray-CF

eble!!!

dont worry about mir m8

more importantly

what about pie? :)

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Gray-CF
eble!!!

dont worry about mir m8

more importantly

what about pie? :)

Hehe, im not worryed about mir, more....in histerics about it, i didnt know it was going to last this long, what with their poor customer support, ammount of cheaters, bugs, ingame prats, theives, pks, racism, abusive users, un-responsive GMS, un-responsive customer support, late patches, bugged patches, not fully translated patches, areas shut off, well.....you get the picture :p

D

Damini

Looks like they deleted the thread I linked to, even though its referenced to in that other thread. Perhaps their lawyers got into a hair pulling fight over it.

C

cHodAX

Half the users of the forum don't read the off topic forum sadly and with some of the shite that does get posted in general this is more relevant than most. Also this is most viewed forum and a few hundred of those players still have active/inactive accounts that they need to know they could possibly lose in the near future. In my opinion and many others the topic needed to be visable and that means the general forum.

S

solothores

Here is the response from Wemade to DBs Response to Wemades shocking statement (copied it from a popup when you visit their official webpage - btw: press release section is currently down *g* ):

The official announcement made at 7th of January was to inform the users the whole truth and we believe that we reached our goal for that purpose. From now on Actoz Soft will be handling any legal matters and we will only respond to any further statement from the Italian side through our lawyer thus there won't be any public announcement like this any more.

Just to reply Game Network's latest statement,

What we raised as main points within the announcement were the monthly royalty(none paid)and user report not the License fee. We were unable to find any Game Network's comments on these extremely important issues. We stated, that License fee, which was to compensate installation fee, training cost, exclusive right for European market and software development cost, was paid by the Italian side but with delay.

It is true that the contract was signed by and between Actoz Soft and Digital Bros. but the actual game service was run by Game Network and it was Wemade, which provided all the technical support directly to Game Network. Also we want to point out that it was Wemade, which has been constantly and directly blamed at all along for contractual commitment by GN staffs and it was the corporate reputation of Wemade, which was damaged.

Any mail sent to Wemade from 7th of January to 8th was not received due to technical problem at the mail server last night so we advise you to send the mails again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

K

Keri

Originally posted by darbey

Ditto, and yes i still dont believe people play this tosh. Other month in a drunken stupor i bought 1 month of account time and played it for 10 mins DOH, im never going to drink wine again.

I remember Eranu ... do you remember Runesol?

R

Riddler

heh, so glad i left for daoc beta

cant believe ppl were still holding out in that game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom