TO: All Casters

A

aonn_elfclomper

as an SM noob :) i have some questions about cast speed

1. some ppl say that u can get under the hardcap at 2sec true or false ? if so how much ?

2. the more dex the faster u cast BUT how much does 10dex give 0.01? and ist counted from 100+dex? 200+dex ?

i hope there are some guys here that have the answers im looking for

P

Puppetmistress

Casters work the same way as zerkers, my dear Midgard-caster.

Basically: Instead of trying to get as low QUI als possible you should try and get as low DEX as possible (!!!)

Tremendous results have been accomplished: With a DEX of 90 I nuked once every 4 seconds for 1200 (!!!!)

After a DEX/QUI debuff from a friendly sorc in a duel I managed to nuke once every 4.5 second for 1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull? Replace DEX by QUI and nuked by doublefrost. You see? Makes perfect sense :)

Serious now: Yes it's possible hitting under 2 sec cap, but the PRECISE formula is unknown. My spec-DD goes once every 1.7-1.8 second with 283 dex

W

wiiwii

i dont have secound count (hehe or no logs atleast)
but after 270+ in dex u wont cast any faster with your pbae and then u cast around 1.7s.
with red dex buff and the shaman dex/qui buff u will hit around 280+ dex depending on the shaman buff.

im talking about a kobbie dont know if a norse gets that high dex but they should :)

A

aonn_elfclomper

so then is MoA useless ? coz i cant remmember last time i RvR with less then 270+dex

W

wiiwii

mao is like 3% per lvl, 3% of around 2 secs is not that much... havent tried moa but ppl that have say that they dont notice a diff. all upp too u but i think a caster has better thing too waste realmpoints on then mao before rr6 atleast but thats just me ;) u have 2 ra respecs so go go try :)

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Casters work the same way as zerkers, my dear Midgard-caster.

Basically: Instead of trying to get as low QUI als possible you should try and get as low DEX as possible (!!!)

Tremendous results have been accomplished: With a DEX of 90 I nuked once every 4 seconds for 1200 (!!!!)

After a DEX/QUI debuff from a friendly sorc in a duel I managed to nuke once every 4.5 second for 1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull? Replace DEX by QUI and nuked by doublefrost. You see? Makes perfect sense :)

:ROFLMAO: :clap:

T

tildson

Any stat above 300 makes no diffirence, it'll probably be implemented when overcapping arrives. But that is another issue so nm it for the moment.

When buffed with 270-300+dex using spells with <=2,8sec casttime you should get mota1 at max. As a mana-eldritch you maybe should consider going mota2 because it's PBAE is 3sec CT.

There is a hardcap, i think its 1.5sec CT. Now, this is when you actually start casting. Do not include spellqueue here, because thats will go beneath 1.5secs. Im not 100% on this, but its pretty accurate. Hope it helps some atleast ;)

S

saltymcpepper

dont forget the self hasting effect of having a staff in main hand an ermm..a staff in the other hand :eek7:

P

pbuck

There is not a speed cap in spells as far as i know.
My caster with 283 dex and mastery of the art 3 has not reached cap casting speed.
When buffed ,my baselike 2.6 second nuke goes off faster than my 2.8 second spec nuke.If i was casting at cap speed with 2.8 sec nuke,2.6 nuke would nuke at same speed.That is not the case.And mastery of the art adds more dps than mastery of magery or wild power.Its by far the best offensive ra for a caster.
There is a spellcraft calculator u can see for yourself how good mastery of the art is:

http://mortal.peril.org/jack/daoc/damagecalc.php

D

Danya

There's no cap, it's approximately CT = BT * (1-(dex-60)/650)

So for a 2.8s spell with 300 dex...
CT = 2.8 * (1-(300-60)/650) = 1.77s

T

tildson

It seems that various spells have a diffirent impact on motaX. Mskin tried out 1,2 and 3 and didnt see almost any diffirence between 1 and 2 or if it was 2 and 3, BUT he noticed buffing went much faster. Or, he was mistaken and have very slow reactions. And mythic never seems to come up with any reasonable answer regarding anything.

So, what do I know? ;)

W

-Wedge-

Well, if you look at casting time, DO NOT LOOK AT THE ANIMATION...

I mean, that's totally wrong... I've checked it through my logging and I cast my PBAoE at 1.5s with 280 dex and MoArt 2... When the patch arived it actually felt slower... But checking the log before and after the patch (same MoArt level, but casting time droped from 3s -> 2.5s), I went from 1.8s to 1.5s (give or take)...

Oohwell, its a curse too, casting so fast... I end up OOP faster then you can say: oop ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom