TO: Alb Tanks

M

m4rk

OK, lets just sort this out once and for all cos ive died too many times because of it...

Tanks, STOP HITTING a target if a caster has rooted/is rooting it

example...

i was in odin's, i had a SB run at me, i mezzed it, it purged, he hit me twice, i quickcast root, 1 tank decides he thinks he can kill this SB before i die (while im on 1/4 health). Or maybe he just doesnt give a shit if I die and he just wants the RPs. Whatever the case is just please THINK before u do stuff, tanks are the easiest class to play in the game but some thought wouldn't go amiss once in a while. If you see a caster with close to 0 health and he/she is rooting/mezzing, just wait to see if the mezz/root sticks before u decide to play Rambo.

EDIT: excuse the slight hint of me being pissed off, im trying my hardest not to explode right now. thx

K

Kirtaa

and tanks aint the easiest classes to play in the game, ofc it depend on what class u are :p

A

acei

I agree with you, it is annoying, it's why i love stun on my cleric, they can't break that :p

If they do break mezz/root etc then /slap spam them until they get the point :)

S

stupidshady

if you think tanks are easy, then why did that "n00b" tank attacked a mezzd target ? maybe it isnt that easy ?? I find a caster to be far more easy then a tank rly and since I got both a tank and a theur I kinda know what I'm talking about, but thats just my 2cents eh

A

acei

Originally posted by stupidshady
if you think tanks are easy, then why did that "n00b" tank attacked a mezzd target ? maybe it isnt that easy ?? I find a caster to be far more easy then a tank rly and since I got both a tank and a theur I kinda know what I'm talking about, but thats just my 2cents eh
Really depends which tank and which caster, doesn't it ;)?

Take a armsman vs sorceror? Which one is easier to control?

Take a reaver vs wizard? Which one is easier to control? (Anyone that says reaver is gonna get /slap spammed!)

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by acei

Take a reaver vs wizard? Which one is easier to control? (Anyone that says wizard is gonna get /slap spammed!)

I play a Wizard and a Reaver and I know for a fact that Reavers are a lot harder to master.

L

Lustedelf

Originally posted by Ekydus
I play a Wizard and a Reaver and I know for a fact that Reavers are a lot harder to master.

I say reaver is harder to master too go on slap me :]

i have a wizzie as well :)

M

moona

tuffest class to pay : sorc
- always target n1 when you encounter enemies
- when you wanna land a mezz , you must first , stand still , target the enemy (or visa versa), quickast, mezz or root

thats 4 thinks you must think about it , while an arms put his mind to 0 , takes his sword and bashes away :)

- N1 food for sbs or ns
- if your grp die its ALWAYS the fault of the sorc ( but they dont see most of the time that 2 ugly peeps are bashin on you)

butt when you finally land a mezz , its o so satisfing

O

old.FIN

lol arnor, but so true

it was 95% albs were mezz brakers, now its only 90% in random groups, 5% on builded groups and usually when its builded, they say "sorry"--"feck"...." i broke mezz/root "---

thats about it

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by acei
Really depends which tank and which caster, doesn't it ;)?

Take a armsman vs sorceror? Which one is easier to control?

Take a reaver vs wizard? Which one is easier to control? (Anyone that says wizard is gonna get /slap spammed!)

Either you got your examples the wrong way round or I'm next on the /slap list Acei :)

Hardest classes to play WELL are the multi-role characters like sorcerers (crowd control and damage dealing), minstrels and friars. Being a good tank requires staying aware of the situation, prioritising targets and reacting as required. This is a bit more complex for light tanks who are dependent on reaction and position styles (mercs, reavers). Easiest tank to play is probably an offensive heavy tank (armsman/hero/warrior with polearm/2H/LW) spamming an anytime style... and that's still a level up from the 1-button nukers like most hib enchanters these days :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Hardest char is the sorc. You need to do the CC effectively and then somehow survive to reap the rewards. ;)

edit/

~makes mental note to not help m4rk if he is in distress because he *may* get a root/mezz off that isn't resisted/purged~

D

Deskiziado

Hardest is a wind theur in a group without sorc. When theur start qc casting 3s 1250 range mez the enemy have enought time to get to theur, kill him 2 or 3 times and dance samba before stop casting mezz. And the group member flame theur, of course (yes, those group member who didnt guard and heal theur).

D

deffy

Originally posted by Deskiziado
Hardest is a wind theur in a group without sorc. When theur start qc casting 3s 1250 range mez the enemy have enought time to get to theur, kill him 2 or 3 times and dance samba before stop casting mezz. And the group member flame theur, of course (yes, those group member who didnt guard and heal theur).

Yeah buts that why you don't use an air theurg to mezz :p Air theurgs are one of the easiest chars you only have 3 spells to use in battle ffs!

A

acei

Originally posted by Ekydus
Sorry it was a typo, look at the timestamp, i was tired :p

I actually think reaver is one of the hardest chars to play, you have to get your chains in order, you have to use lifetap/damage adder at the right time and you have to watch out ur PBAOE doesn't effect the crowd control on top of that you have to do a usual tanks job of whacking everything :)

A

Aule Valar

Originally posted by deffy
Yeah buts that why you don't use an air theurg to mezz :p Air theurgs are one of the easiest chars you only have 3 spells to use in battle ffs!
tsk tsk tsk, have a look at the class your playing again sir
you may think that air theurgs are easy and only have 3 spells... but that just means that, well, you haven't got a clue how to play an air theurg
go roll a fire wiz if you think your just a nuker

S

stupidshady

well, I do find my theur easier then my arms ofc it aint just 3 spells comes allot more to it then that, but still easier, for me that is :)

M

m4rk

I have access to a pally/necro/scout/sorc/caba to name a few and the hardest class out of them is Sorcerer without a doubt, easiest is Necro/Pally.

But anyway... the point is why can't some ppl just stand back and take a look at the situation before stupidly thinking they can save me when I'm on next to nothing health?

M

m4rk

No i'm saying out of the characters the one that requires most skill is the sorcerer, you could argue that all chars require only to hit buttons, but its all about the timing :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by deffy

Amount of spells has nothing to do if a character is hard to play or not. As an air-theurgist your active job (imo) is deal damage, interrupt and backup CC.

All that goes very well when I play my theurgist. The part to survive with my theurgist is... well.. very hard. I am always one of the first to die. Not because I am important to kill but because I am easy to kill :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom