To add or not to add...

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
To make it short, I agree i have also whined over shite like adds/fg's that rape me unt so weiter, but in the end we are all the same.

Most people I help in rvr says, thx mate(which means; thx for not letting me sit on pad for 10), others; like Busig and Bouhh call me gimp and idiot, cause they want to prove something.

But think of this; mmorgs will never offer any kind of skill, all and everyone plays on different basis, people who work against people who dont and blablabla.

If a high rr infil slay a low rr sb its ok, but if 2 high rr infils slays 1 low rr sb it aint ok. Why not? he would have died in both cases. In the first case he would be zerged by; better class/higher rr/and prolly better equipment. In the second; the same thing but x 2.

Solo-fight are just bogus, a patethic try to get longer e-penis, if you want to meassure something so pathetic like game-skill; play counterstrike.

The only thing daoc is about is tweaked char(class + rr + ml + bb) and luck, sorry to say this but any moron can play any class within a week or 2.

The only thing a duel or 1versus1 can offer is a feeling for what your class can do or not, but that would take 1 evening to understand.

There are 2 ways to kill an enemy;

1. Zerg him with more peps.
2. or zerg him with rr/mls/arti/ingame-xperience.

So to Vodkafairy who wanted me to let her keep on "showing here massive skill" by fistfucking low-rr-garbage below mtk, sorry, wont let it slip by :>

Its RvR, not PvP.

Keep on adding, that is the only way to make this game realy fun.

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
If a high rr infil slay a low rr sb its ok, but if 2 high rr infils slays 1 low rr sb it aint ok. Why not? he would have died in both cases. In the first case he would be zerged by; better class/higher rr/and prolly better equipment. In the second; the same thing but x 2.
because fighting two high rr infils is absolutely no chance, and to be honest he can win I meen if a high rr infil play bad distracted etc...

Its rly what its about i go out with anyu and see jox i think ok nice fight or atleast it might be fun but becuase of our differnet classes me a main/healer buffer and you'r a assassin/stealth class I can win but I got a slim chance, but its what its abt... if ztyx your sb m8 start to attack me how big are my chances i have to win, absolutely none and whats the fun in that sure you can kill me and get your rps.
So really its all people who is zerging outnumbering anyone who are the cs kids because all they care is about the stats..

And really if you had no standard for what would be allowed ok, what would be the fun to go out as a stealther class in any realm, solo when your friends aren't ingame.. none because you would see fg or very many ppl grouped up together because it would be no rules.
No rules in emain would turn this server into a german zerg fest server.
What all the wajns on zoyster/outlaw have really done is really set an example to other ppls besides the "emain whores" or outlaw/zoyster because they dont care and I dont blame them really anymore becuse they probably find daoc rvr more fun then me lately.. anyhow what it does it gives rules to new players and soon so they can look up to other more experienced players for advice, I dont meen this post to a flame really fo jox or anyone, I just find any type of outnumbering dull, doesn't matter if its my realm or my guild or my group.

I meen if you are out playing jox/styx duo you gonna make it so any solo infil out there is gonna be really bored, because he can't beat you both without help, and if you go with two ppl where does it say he can't get his friend and if they can't beat you they get another guy osv...
What it all comes down too is playing for fun and its not rly to get zerged(and being a rp cow).

//Anyu on Karate's laptop..

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
If you planned to kill grps of 4-5 people you will still kill the grps that is 1-4.
Just like people in FGs planned to kill other fgs and maybe try some more people will still kill a soloer. Just becouse it is a stealther doesnt mean that you NEED to solo or you cant attack fgs.
As a mid/hib you are facing alb stealthers, they are many, cant remember many fights that a scout didnt add. you always need to be rdy to send a extra guy to inerupt and kill that scout'S that adds.

When grped with other you still all attack same target becouse it will go faster to kill him and then you can restealth faster

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't even consider it a question wether to add or not to add... they are enemies and should be slain, and not to be considered "someone's to add on".

You play this game from your PoV, others play it from theirs. We're all equal (ok some more overpowered than others, but wont elaborate here), and people calling other people idiots for "adding" (which is a terribly stupid word to use really) are just selfish little kids who should find something else to spend time on..

By saying all this, I propably almost ensured that noone will ever help me in my fights :eek:

Anyway.. 1vs1 is great when it happens.. but I wont piss my pants of the enemies add on me when I'm rvr'ing, and I certainly *will* add if I see any fights where I go.
:clap:

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Anyway.. 1vs1 is great when it happens.. but I wont piss my pants of the enemies add on me when I'm rvr'ing, and I certainly *will* add if I see any fights where I go.:clap:

If ur side is winning, no matter if its a 1vs1 or fg vs fg. Will u still add ?

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
I play 95% of the time solo with my hunter.. if I see an mid/alb fighting 1vs1 I don't add if I see the mid is winning. I always add on fg vs fg.. because I'm a Hunter god damnit :p

If I'm playing another toon (warrior, sm) in a group, I try to get that group not to add on 1fg vs 1fg.. but it isn't easy. Usually someone adds and then it's to late.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:
To make it short, I agree i have also whined over shite like adds/fg's that rape me unt so weiter, but in the end we are all the same.

Most people I help in rvr says, thx mate(which means; thx for not letting me sit on pad for 10), others; like Busig and Bouhh call me gimp and idiot, cause they want to prove something.

But think of this; mmorgs will never offer any kind of skill, all and everyone plays on different basis, people who work against people who dont and blablabla.

Solo-fight are just bogus, a patethic try to get longer e-penis, if you want to meassure something so pathetic like game-skill; play counterstrike.

The only thing daoc is about is tweaked char(class + rr + ml + bb) and luck, sorry to say this but any moron can play any class within a week or 2.

The only thing a duel or 1versus1 can offer is a feeling for what your class can do or not, but that would take 1 evening to understand.

There are 2 ways to kill an enemy;

1. Zerg him with more peps.
2. or zerg him with rr/mls/arti/ingame-xperience.

So to Vodkafairy who wanted me to let her keep on "showing here massive skill" by fistfucking low-rr-garbage below mtk, sorry, wont let it slip by :>

Its RvR, not PvP.

Keep on adding, that is the only way to make this game realy fun.

\o/ hear hear!
i agree 100% :clap:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
I guess all SB's agree on the adding part :m00:

why shouldnt we?
when a FG comes running when i fight 1 on 1 they add on me, so why the heck is there a reason for me not to add on FG's?
or if i fight a NS or inf there's _allways_ a scout with their 50000 range adding aswell so give one reason why we shouldnt add back?
besides, killing the enemy when they are vulnerable (in a fight for example) prevents they adding on me next 15 minutes or so...

as previously stated, it's RvR not PvP, chivalry aint for stealthers.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you are low RR then what choice do you have but to add? You aren't gonna get RR5 against RR10s when you are RR1 :wub:

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
why do you call ppl "low-rr-garbage" ?
You should be happy that they are out there so you have somebody to zerg. You sure as hell can't kill opponents on equal terms. For example, how did it feel when you humped Papasans leg for 15-20 sec like a dog while he was afk, only to be wtfpawned when he came back at 30% hp?

"Busig and Bouhh call me gimp and idiot, cause they want to prove something"
- no m8, they call you that because you truly suck. However, it's fun to have you around, keep up the good work!

vintervargen

Banned
Jox said:

OK, i couldnt let it pass. if this is about assasins, true. you can learn to play one in notime, and get rather good at it within a week or two.

but if you believe this goes for group chars as well... i'll say no more :eek:

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
OK, i couldnt let it pass. if this is about assasins, true. you can learn to play one in notime, and get rather good at it within a week or two.

but if you believe this goes for group chars as well... i'll say no more :eek:

depends on the class, MA is harder to play than being on stick assisting the MA :p
Shaman is also pretty easy and you should be able to learn that in a week or so aswell.

Robin the Brave

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm, depends, if its 1 on 1, no i dont add, however ill wait in stealth to PA any other rp horny adds who want to join in, as for FGs, if they have added on my 1 on 1 fight and pissed me off then yes ill be pa'ing their healer/druid while they are fighting another fg.

but otherwise no.. then again im wierd, i spend most of my time hugging other stealthers to see their reactions ;p (more than not gets me killed xD)

however... when in a duo, if my partner is loosing (somehow) im sure ill add, but normally im waiting instealth to quickly disable any other adds (which there normally are)

Fun story xD: Was soloing on Paladin (well suiciding) , i attacked an SB (i was unbuffed and yet winning ;x ) then a scout added (with melee Oo) so i stopped attacking and let the sb fight the scout instead, the sb beat the scout which added and i let the sb run off. Morale of the story: Dont add ;p

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
duact said:
No rules in emain would turn this server into a german zerg fest server.

//Anyu on Karate's laptop..

1. who make the "rules"?
- the l33t unemployed hardcore players or players that play semi like me, or casual like others?
2. where are the "rules" displayed?
- on various /t flaming everyone that breaks the rules that not even everyone know about?
3. what to do with the ppl breaking the "rules"?
- there isnt much you can do is there?

i wont let some silly code of honour prevent me from grouping with my friends, and i actually have many friends with stealthers and more coming as we PL a new SB next weekend ^^
i agree that 4+ stealthers in one grp is too many, but i have a hard time rejecting a m8 asking to join, but i have now put a max at 4 ppl in my grp's but that's still too much imo, not becos its boring for the ppl we kill, but the agony of waiting cos ppl lose stick, die and have to release etc.
the ideal is 2 SB's, or 2 SB's and a hunter imo.

vintervargen

Banned
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
depends on the class, MA is harder to play than being on stick assisting the MA :p
Shaman is also pretty easy and you should be able to learn that in a week or so aswell.

you learn the spells yes, not when or where to use them, nor the teamplay you will need to coordinate together with healers, and to less extent casters/tanks

Light

Loyal Freddie
wether friend or foe: add if you like but expect it back too

some of us respect others that don't add, if you don't care what some others think about you then it doesn't matter anyway so do as you like.

no-one can tell you how u must play, but in game actions do have consequences to your in game experiences just as things do irl

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
im sorry, Jox that i called you a gimp but...

guess if Gargo's grp still had a good chance to win the fight when 3-4 stealthers added recently after the fight started including 1 rr10 sb.
And it's still np with me but... you added again in the next fight vs Gargo and finally you added once again onto the fight with another hib group. So i wonder if you still used to kill some stealthers...

Then you said that you dont understand "why 2FG of hibs dont let a solo stealther like you live". The answer is why should they let you live?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
RVR is exactly that - Realm Versus Realm. The whole point is to kill the characters of people playing in the opposite two Realms, and thus gain Realm Rank through the aquisition of Realm Points...now, putting my crayons away, it's my opinion that the same people who bitch and moan when people add on 'their' fights, are the exact same people who claim entire spawns of mobs in PVE.

Ultimately, a Realm enemy is an enemy and is there to be killed. I will always attack an enemy regardless of whether or not that person is involved in a fight already with either someone from my Realm, or someone from another. It is entirely wrong to dictate to others they may not attack someone, just because you happened to engage them first. You do NOT own them - all RPs are there to be taken. Get them where, when and how you can.

IMHO of course :D

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
always kill stealthers first when you fight in emain, that should teach em

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i will add unless it looks a close fight or hib is winning otherwise kill da enmy
after the close fight if hib loses i will be stood next to alb/mid and kick his ass
or will just join in anyway ( i'm not an assasin class) :)

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
Jaapi said:
Treat people how you want them to treat you.

I tried that, didn't work. People add, thats how it will always be. Pointless to make some "dont add if a).. b).. c).. rules". People see there chance to get some RPs, so they add, who cares..

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
always kill stealthers first when you fight in emain, that should teach em

agreed. I got stealth lore (cyclopse shield) on bard to clear milegates just for that reason. Revenge for 1,5 years of adding!

Exile

Banned
Stealthers add on full groups because full groups zerg stealthers, which is much worse. Simply compare eight people adding on one stealther to one stealther adding on eight people.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Exile said:
Stealthers add on full groups because full groups zerg stealthers, which is much worse.

And full groups go looking for stealthers because soloing friends of theirs have just been killed by duos/trios/full groups of stealthers.

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Exile

Banned
Bullshit they do, full groups zerg solo stealthers for 200rp. No greater reason, just annoys me when they insist on portraying themselves and paradigms of full-group virtue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom