TLW recruitment

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
TLW is looking for some new members that are interested in joining a proper PvE guild. We are doing ML1-ML10 re runs also, so ML flagging will be no problem. We're looking for Clerics, Theurgists and general Melee classes mainly, but all applications will be considered. If you are interested, read the relevant threads in the recruitment forum, which can be located at http://www.thelastwatch.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20, ensure you reply in the correct format so we can make a proper decision and to speed the process up. You must also be fairly active and be able to attend raids frequently.

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
ffs :eek7:

Talking of Delk go poke him irl with a stick or something :touch: get him back ingame :<

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Gifv link to the flesh applications :) dont care if it was faked... just gifv !!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
*fakes a Jupitus application*

:p

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
talking of ML re-runs, would be nice to power as meamy people up over the easter break so we can get our relics backs

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
We want power relics, melee assist trains are a thing of the past atm.

Casters own :worthy:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Krissy said:
We want power relics, melee assist trains are a thing of the past atm.

Casters own :worthy:
you can defend them then :p I want melee, need to twat some sb's with +35% damage b4 it gets nerfed :p

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Hell no :p
I'm not helping anyone to get those worthless power crap ;)

Your instant DDs will hit harder :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:
you can defend them then :p I want melee, need to twat some sb's with +35% damage b4 it gets nerfed :p

so who you think would defend the str relic, be kinda fucked if the people that gain from power relics tell you to bugger of and defend them yourself, no AoE spells and no healing for the tanks, hmmm, be successful that.

This is the attitude that has cost albs the power relics each time tbh. Shame that :(

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
power relics would help a lot more than melee relics. they are maybe a bit harder to defend, but past has taught us that defending str relics isnt really a picnic either vs faultfinder spamming savages.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
so who you think would defend the str relic, be kinda fucked if the people that gain from power relics tell you to bugger of and defend them yourself, no AoE spells and no healing for the tanks, hmmm, be successful that.

This is the attitude that has cost albs the power relics each time tbh. Shame that :(
it was called a joke. ofc its lost on someone without a sense of humour.

The power relics are shit to defend. Look at how long the hibs sat twatting gates with a treb. Noone had a fking clue they were doing it. I'll defend any rr where the numbers arnt too large, anything over 100 each side and i cant even log in there.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
bigchief said:
it was called a joke. ofc its lost on someone without a sense of humour.

The power relics are shit to defend. Look at how long the hibs sat twatting gates with a treb. Noone had a fking clue they were doing it. I'll defend any rr where the numbers arnt too large, anything over 100 each side and i cant even log in there.

some people are dead serious about not defending / getting power relics tho :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
95% of Albs can't even find the power relic keep without a guide, might sound like a made up statistic but I would bet a kidney that it is close to the mark. Mids and Hibs get keeps that are easy to reach, we get Excal (probably the easiest to reach) and Merlin's which is tucked away right in the north western corner with aggro and no road leading to it. Even when we have tried to defend it in the past it has been horrible trying to get a sizeable defence there, can't really blame people for not wanting relics that are stored in a place that is a pain to reach. People want the relics but they don't want a 20 min run around the frontier through aggro only to arrive just as the relics fall. Mythic's fault as always.

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Myddrins chod :p

and yea, it takes me a while to get there, which is :l

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Sure, the power relic is located bad for defense. But it has some advantages too.

a) Power relics > Melee relics in general
b) Midgard is less interested in power relics so wont attack as fast. Midgard is obiously the biggest threat - more people, and faultfinder savages :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Loch said:
Myddrins chod :p

and yea, it takes me a while to get there, which is :l

Myddrin's is ancient english/celt for Merlin. Mythic just robbed all the names and places from Bernard Cornwell books :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Also, Power relics are much easier to defend now you can get housing porters to Snowdonia. Significantly cuts down on the time to get there.

Also the narrows between Snowdonia and the Pennines gives a chance to cut off the carrier, I would have thought, and there is no such narrowing between Excal and the Pennines.

Darzil

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Darzil said:
Also, Power relics are much easier to defend now you can get housing porters to Snowdonia. Significantly cuts down on the time to get there.

Also the narrows between Snowdonia and the Pennines gives a chance to cut off the carrier, I would have thought, and there is no such narrowing between Excal and the Pennines.

Darzil

Seeing that Mid/Hib have those same porters to the BK it negates any advantage to Albion. Then consider how easy it is for Mids/Hibs to run up the road from thier BK's to the power relic keeps, now do the same from Snowdonia Fortress and make sure you time it to compare.

As for the narrow valley, well that valley is roughly 12000 units across according to my map. That is 3 times visable range and as the area has two large tree section's it isn't very hard to sneak through at speed, sure you could use 100 people to blockade but 12000 units is still a large area to cover and a group could easily sprint+mach5 through a gap before you can close it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh and...

Vindy Faste to Gralla = 30,000 units roughly
Druim Cain to Drun Dagda = 25,000 units roughly
Snowdonia Fort to Myddrin = 60,000 units roughly

Both Midgard and Hibernia have well marked roads to the relic keeps passing mostly grey con aggro. Albion has no direct road and a poorly marked mountain pass that starts 20,000 units from the border keep. There is red/orange/yellow/blue/green con aggro on the way if you stray from the poorly marked mountain pass.

Overall it is a damn hard place to defend, relic statistics from servers worldwide will back that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom