TL Resigns; another nail in the coffin for Midgard?

Xmi

Fledgling Freddie
"Yes, I did resign yesterday.

Stealther Balance was a priority for me. As someone who has played a Shadowblade, Hunter, Scout, and Minstrel all above RR5+...I felt I had a decent grip on the situation.

Level 50 >5K RPs

Ranger 832
Scout 816
Infiltrator 673
Shadowblade 518
Nightshade 485
Hunter 471

What stands out to me more than anything is when comparing like classes. When comparing the Archers here...there is a pretty decent gap here. For example, I think Zerks, BMs, and Mercs are well balanced and they have 346/370/299...very nice balance.

In addition, Midgard is outnumbered here in a big way in stealth fights...and that doesn't even include everyones favorite Alb Stealth Utility class.

However Hunters are well behind the curve here, and as someone who knows one...they need some help in the Beastcraft line...and suffer from the 2H vs Evade penalty in a big way. Just because of that, Rangers are much more effective at stealther melee hunting. Does that say Hunters cannot be downright nasty at high RRs...hell no.

That being said, Amodin is one hell of a TL, and is doing all he can for the Hunter class.

Shadowblades need help in the areas described here as well, as well as general RvR effectiveness for all Assassin classes.

-----signature-----
Ex-Midgard RvR TL
9 Level 50's on Mid/Bors
New Population Report: http://www.ribich.com/population.htm
Midgard RvR Report: http://www.ribich.com/trialreport.htm"

These are the words of a well respected and very knowlegeable ex-RvR-TL, pretty damn sad if you ask me... and you wonder why we're content to play warlocks...

QQ for Midgard :(

majik

Banned
I feel sorry for that TL, trying to convince the retards at mythic that MIDGARD STEALTH CLASSES NEED SOME FUCKING LOVE must be really draining.:(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
sorry there is nought wrong with hunters in comparision with the other archer classes.

Ask hellghost or powerslave. If spec'd RA'd SC'd and ml'd they hit just trucks compared to other stealters (even with high swing times their damage over time is more or less the same as a ranger depending on the defense of the class a little). They can spec for insta pet which although has a few bugs is very handy, on top of that the rr snare is the best of the archer rr5 ra's by a long way. Wanna trade beast craft for pathfinding?

If i had played mid from day 1 and was a hunter instead of a ranger I would not have any major concerns.

lots of hunters perform poorly not because of the class itself.

SB have it tough in terms of assasin V assasin but it Versus other classes are fine.

imo

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
gimme ur hunter abilitys and get my gay shield.

Poor Scouts are at bottom of the Stealther foodchain.

majik

Banned
Indeed hunters are balanced. Still give them love so they can farm more scouts! x))

censi

Can't get enough of FH
shield is still awsome versus other archers, V hunters though you cant slam and CS and FZ which is "I win" versus purge down ranger.

v hunter though that pet interupts scout from that tactic.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
shield is still awsome versus other archers, V hunters though you cant slam and CS and FZ which is "I win" versus purge down ranger.

v hunter though that pet interupts scout from that tactic.

Lol, yeah, with purge down and IP down, a ranger might lose to a scout...
Cry me a river noob.
Rangers rip scouts a new ahole if they use more than the one braincell the hospital lend you.
Hib stealthers are fine. Mid stealthers are not as uber as their non stealthing realm mates, but Mythic cant just keep giving Midgard I love you classes. People start becoming suspicious at some point.
Regards, Glottis

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Lub will be at least one year too late, if there's ever going to be any for mid stealthers.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Salamurhaaja said:
Lub will be at least one year too late, if there's ever going to be any for mid stealthers.

i'll just talk about hunters cause i realy dont have any clue about sb's

Hunters dont need any love.

Fatbally, Powerslave and several other proofed us, how good they can be played.

And be sure, they dont sux.

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
i'll just talk about hunters cause i realy dont have any clue about sb's

Hunters dont need any love.

Fatbally, Powerslave and several other proofed us, how good they can be played.

And be sure, they dont sux.
Kk, dunno about snipers cos haven't ever played one :p

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
Hunters are not so overpowered all clases got his pros and contras. Scout vs hunter is equal duel cause at distance u win blocking arrows with shield and run get range and shot with slowest bows= more dmg and hunters must run at close combat I can say its equal combat cause u got shield vs 2 hand u win and also u can slam and with purgue down GL Rangers or DW got more chance cause DW got bonus with shield users.
Second hand is hunter vs infils/NS without high spear or WS is teh sux.U ever played a hunter? when u got debuffed with 1650 life and 1350 WS thats without malice proc when u got debuffed with malice also and u got no purgue or ip u can get ur hands off and go smoke a cigarrete or something else cause u are dead.
But as I said at begining each class got good things and bad ones u must know which ones are good and use them thats all.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
why does hunters need love`? all they ever do is standing at bleed bridge an leeching..

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Zexxeh said:
...all clases got his pros and contras.
Scout vs hunter is equal duel...

bullshit.

do u ever had a fuck hunter's avatar on ur ass which takes u out of stealth?
or pops u out of stealth again after u used an endu regan pot and rushed from Old Frontiers MTK->MMG?

u did?

then u'll know that no other Archer class can do what hunters can.

And dont talk about melee. The classes are 2 different 2 have an equal fight.

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
1. Did u ever get shooted by a hunter for 1300 crit shot?
2. Did u ever get slamed and purgue down and crit shot in ur mouth?
3. Did you ever get blocked 5 arrows with shield ?
4. Did u ever get 3298472394 times blocked in melee and hit for 250 dmg
with 2 hand spear ?
5. Did u ever get hit for 250 dmg with one hand weapon with amethist slash and 30 +16 in skill only. (notice that u hit same on me 1 hand than I hit on u 2 hand)
6. Spec AF with ur cleric and u got more AF than me with shield bla bla bla

And finally yes I played with a scout as partner I know whats a scout.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
negative9.jpg

Helme

Resident Freddy
Eeben said:
why does hunters need love`? all they ever do is standing at bleed bridge an leeching..
BLEDMEER not BLEEEDMEER gah!!

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Fatbelly is R9L6
Hellghost is R9L4,
PowerSlave was high RR too,

Now if people said ahh Wormz does a good job then you could actually say Hunters are okay, saying ahh well the top Hunter does well is completely pointless.

Ranger DPS is much superior to hunter because you have two fast swinging weapons and fecking haste for free, so you get shed loads of procs, hunters don't. A hunter needs to get all his swings in, a ranger can afford to miss a few. As Rangers and Scouts have evade 3 and the Scout has block too, the hunter has the worst defence with just evade 2 to save his ass.

Malice and Battler are also a pain in the ass, and hunters don't have the equivalent for their spear, in fact Hunter spear artefacts are shite and I’ve never seen a hunter with one.

In fights my level 41 wolf often never hits, it's also bugged so it does not act as an additional attacker. Yes it will interrupt a Scout who's trying the Slam & Critshot technique. But the wolf has no effect when the hunter's Slamed and wacked with Malice.

Dianne and Dafft (R8L2 Scouts) always seem to do well against hunters, and funnily enough they always manage to get off slam, and they always manage to block one or two spear swings. Saying Shields is shite is just bollux and we haven’t even got into Engage, and blocking arrows whilst they are in mele….

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
Ey methos u are legendary armorer grats didnt notice ey legendary tailor also :clap: :clap: . Its a nice experience to buy ingredients and push one button did u go emain sometimes also ? :m00: .
And ur photo ohhh its Shivan Dragon Go play Magic the Gathering I think its ur game.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Zexxeh said:
with 2 hand spear ?
5. Did u ever get hit for 250 dmg with one hand weapon with amethist slash and 30 +16 in skill only. (notice that u hit same on me 1 hand than I hit on u 2 hand)

guess u tell me ur story as u was rr1.

but answer me 1 question.

did u ever played against mids which hold str relics 4 2.5 years?

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
Im not talking about past 2 years Im talking about now since TOA started.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Zexxeh said:
with 2 hand spear ?

1/ Crit shot dmge varience is NOT that big considering ts one shot... seen screen shots of Fatbelly crit shotting people for 1.2k'ISH ?? dmge (also bear in mind MANY scouts spec bow to 50... where as hunters Unless im mistaken spec 40-45(similer to rnagers bow spec iirc)?? in bow. hence giving lesser W/S and hence less dmge for crit.

2/ did u ever get slammed by a scout. purge and tear him a new ass with your melee? or melee'd from behind (easy done if hunter see's scout with MOS i know ive been had hunters use there rear stun style on me many times) and stunned him (for similer duration) and then tore him a new ass ? or sent pet on scout when he slammed you so he cant fire any arrows when your slammed?

3/ scouts have shield spec ... hunters got speed buff for escaping/catching kiters. pets for interupts and extra dmge and there buff line (which they can generally ignore and use a BB hence giving them more skill points to spend in other area's .. yes it is a pain in the ass being blocked all the time. but me who has a scout would GLADLY give my shield spec away so i can have a pet that hits for 100+ / interupts / finds stealthers who have ran away and hid.... or a speed buff that helps me escape or chase down people running. so whinging about us having shield spec when u got your toys that us scouts envy IMO is a loada crap :)

4/ no as a scout i have never een blocked 3298472394 times by a shield class. because i am ussualy dead by time they have blocked me 2-4 times :) and yes i have hit in melee for 250'ish (but i am 50 thrust spec . most spec MUCH lower) o and if u only hit for 250'ish then u suck cos i have been hit MANY MANY times by hunters for 450+ dmge and even quiet a few times for 500+ dmge. thats with max melee resists. high magic resists (if archer using elemental weapons) so hence if u always hit for 250'ish then your melee quiet simply sucks.

5/ see above comparing your gimp melee to other hunters who play there class BETTER

/6 correct me if im wrong but u can get AF buffs from POTS ? or now iirc from your HUNTER SPECLINE ?

moral of the story is. EVERY class has there good/bad points. learn to deal with it and instead of crying about a scouts shield. go cry about warlocks/bainshee's and all the other OP'd classes in the game...

<edit> nvm scratch the thought of u wantin a nerf for op'd classes cos they are all in Mid :( and im sure u dont want your other fotm alts to be nerfed to similer potential as there realm counterparts :)

p.s before u whing about scouts range. how often do you have time to stand and aim at target and strafe backwards untill you got full range (bear in mind if enemy running away crit shot wont land on a moving target) yes normal shot will land . but with the new toa bonus now and the amount of people who ARE and NOT fully sc'd and toa'd that tiny lil bit of extra ranges scouts have IMO has NO effect at all on rvr as it is today.

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
See Fatbelly see Powerslave blablabla still u dont see he is RR10 or RR9?
WTF!

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Zexxeh said:
Im not talking about past 2 years Im talking about now since TOA started.

thats intresting, b4 NF, hunters didnt needed love. They had 20% melee bonus from str relics. And both other realms have had 2 play against them 2.5 YEARS. Nobody screemed about mid stealther love.

but now, after nearly 8 month of NF they need LOVE. LOL :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
I'm trying really hard to feel sorry for shadowblades...guess I've just got a long memory and remember their year-long LA jolly. As for a realm TL resigning because of his perception of stealth wars while ignoring the situation for 90% of the other players? :puke:

If I was a mid I'd be saying good riddance. He's a typical whiney US mid tbh.

Zexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
As I said in my first post I said all classes got his pros and contras I didnt said one class need love or other. But Im against what u said about scout that need love then u now changing my words....

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Zexxeh said:
See Fatbelly see Powerslave blablabla still u dont see he is RR10 or RR9?
WTF!

shhhhhh listen ill tell u.
do u want know why they got so high rr?

Cause they didnt whined on FH, they released after they got killed, and started again

edit:

little corection.

Cause they didnt whined on BW. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom