WTF? Titanfall 360

leggy

Probably Scottish
So it seems that it's not shit, it's completely playable and appears to deliver the full Titanfall experience at the expense of some prettiness.

I'm thinking about picking it up this weekend but not impressed that the price point is higher than on the XB1 though.

Anyone else? - if so, I suggest we get some FH action on the go.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Reviews say it's not shit.

It's pretty dull though. I thought it would be more than just CoD with massive controllable robots. It's not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have seen mixed reviews. Its something I will buy when I get my new PC just for the pretties, although one of the graphics cards I was looking at comes with it "free" so I might well be able to stick to my rule of not giving EA any money.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
a mate saw me playing Hawken on Steam and took the time to PM me and tell me I should have been playing Titanfall.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sat watching a friend stream it the other day (xbone) though, didn't look terrible but didn't look special beyond the big robots being able to stamp on people :p

leggy

Probably Scottish
I feel like I'm talking to myself :) but it's definitely growing on me. Once you get the hang of the environments (and how to traverse them to your advantage) and have levelled up enough to get more cool stuff it actually becomes a lot more enjoyable. The game mode is also critical to enjoyment... basic hunter style deatchmatches are fucking awful (and full of K/D ratio hunters obviously) but the more strategy based modes are decent fun.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Wasn't there something weird like you had to play through a certain type of co-op multiplayer to unlock stuff?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Possibly, but I read the 'campaign' was a laughable farce (exact words) so I haven't touched it yet.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The 'campaign' is just a sequence of maps you have to play through for each faction. you get a new mech <ahem sorry Titan> frame for completing each one.

leggy

Probably Scottish
The 'campaign' is just a sequence of maps you have to play through for each faction. you get a new mech <ahem sorry Titan> frame for completing each one.

Is that the only way to get a new titan frame?

P.S. It looks very pretty for a 360 game.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yeah i think you have to unlock the frames by going through the missions.

Its the same maps as the main game anyway and its usually lower level peeps than the main multiplayer so its good practice anyway :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Really enjoying it still, it's one of those games you can just pick up the controller and play for 30 mins here and there - you don't need to set hours aside etc and still have loads of fun

leggy

Probably Scottish
I'm pretty much doing a 180 on my original comment. I shouldn't love it but now that I've levelled up enough I'm really really enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom