tis tuff for n00bs

R

Rei-Ki

lo,

i'm new to wc3 and rts in general having played CS for 18 months and laterly DAoC for the past 4 months.

i have to say im finding it a bit tuff - even against the AI - there doesnt seem to be too much in the options to turn down to help me a bit.

as for online, well forget it - most custom game state ' NO n00bs ' and even if they dont im gettin hammered - not just beaten - buttraped !!

i know - practise, practise, practise.... but has any1 got any tips / pointers for a struggling newbie?

i luv the game, just wish i was better at it

cheers, thx.

ps. i hope sum1 reads this - this forum looks alarmingly unused.

C

.Cask

I decided to bite the bullet and ordered this a few days ago. Planning to beat the single player, then play a few tcp/ip games against friends before I try out bnet. Will probably start out with 1v1 bnet games so I can't fook it up for any of my allys...

We don't want a repeat of my starcraft debut. That was a 4v4 game and I decided to build a ton of sunken colonies outside my base while I teched up. My allys started getting killed and started calling me names like "suck shit brown". Took me a while to recover from that but I got good eventually.

Was mean to arrive today, gutted :(

R

Rei-Ki

thx for the tips ppl -

when you get the game, if you wanna tcp/ip game, post on here and we can get a 1 v 1 sorted.

that way we'll be upsetting no1 but will have real opposition.

cheers, thx.

C

.Cask

Yeah that sounds good.

Might take me a while to complete the single player though, considering the speed I'm getting through NWN (bought it at release and just finished chapter 1!). Although I do think that game is total turd.

C

.Cask

Got the game yesterday and just failed my first mission. The one on the undead campagin where you have to defend the guy summoning the demon. He died with 9 seconds left on the clock :(

I couldn't find a direct connect multiplay option which is a shame, but we could try and get a game going on battlenet. I'm a poosay and don't want to get my ass kicked first time round, so I reckon we should play some co-ops versus the cpu.

Gimme a shout if yer interested. I hear it's best to play on the US servers as the european ones have been invaded by Koreans.

You: Hi
Ally: ^^
You: Korean?
Ally: ^^
You: Argh.

C

cosmos

You'd probobly get your arse kicked from the CPU as theres no difficulty setting.
Battle.net does a match-up system which means you only (unless theres no-one else to play) play people of a similar skill. Even works for 2v2/3v3/4v4 and FFA :)

G

Gohadien

You're quite right

It is goddam hard isn't it? I have managed to scrape to Level 8 and it's started to get really hard now. A friend and I have been doing co-operative two player games and that is harder still. We just get raped. I keep coming back for more though.

S

spectrax

Well i got to lv5 .......... felt quite pleased with myself.................was eager for another game............logged on with glee............then got beaten 5 times in a row..............wasnt too bad............then i found out most of my opponents were under the age of 12

2v2 .......... forget about it.

Im thinking of starting a self help group.

Spectrax

P.S. It was all Gohadien's fault that we lost in 2v2 ;)

C

cosmos

I take it you mean Arranged Team?
Yeah thats fucking hard. I think it's because people make teams, their level goes to 1, even if they are both level 16. It sucks so much :(

G

Gohadien

Arranged team

We're getting the hang of this arranged team stuff now though. It took almost 15 minutes for the bastards to ass-burgle us yesterday. One day we may win a game through something other than Link Death. Ph34r the mighty Spec and Gohad.

R

Rufus!

Ive never been a fan of the Arranged Team Game bit, but I do go on play game a lot. The trouble with Play Game is that if say a level 10 guy creates a new account you could be playing him. For you n00bs I reccomend practicing on a bad account name, going on play game and getting better, then creating a new account.

Users who are viewing this thread