Tired of accidentally starting in windowed instead of full-screen, or vice versa?

T

Thorarin

...well, I was ;)

I regularly switch from and to Windowed mode on the SI client, and the next day I don't remember what I last used. And I didn't feel like opening the user.dat file with a text editor every time either, so I've made a little utility to do it for me.

Put the program in your SI directory, run it and make shortcuts for either Windowed and/or Full-screen mode on your Desktop/Start Menu, etc. When you click the icon, it will make sure the game will actually launch in the display mode you want, which can save you a restart.

If you switch as often as I do, you might find it useful :)

http://www.tiwaz.org/downloads/launcher/

B

Blood

or just make 2 installations of SI, 1 for windowed, 1 for fullscreen.. that way you also avoid installing 3rd party programs.

T

Thorarin

And waste 800 MB of diskspace on that alone?
And have to do all your other settings and quickbars twice?

Sure, it works, but personally I think this is a lot easier.
With regard to 3rd party programs: the program is already closed down before the Dark Age of Camelot login screen is displayed, so I'm not trying to steal passwords or anything.

Would be pretty foolish to make a program, put on my character names and real name and have it steal passwords, no? ;)
Also it doesn't make modifications to the game software, so it's not against CoC or anything.

R

raer

Or just make two user.dat files one with windowed=1 and one with 0 and use .bat files to switch between the two?

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by raer
Or just make two user.dat files one with windowed=1 and one with 0 and use .bat files to switch between the two?

That's a possibility, but most people nowadays don't know how to make batch-files :)

T

Thorarin

Thanks ;)

I was gonna write a launcher that replaces the regular login procedure to add some useful features, but GOA doesn't seem to like it, and of course there would be a lot more people worried about password stealing :)

So guess this will have to do :rolleyes:

S

Suedish

Well done mate, i'm definately gonna use it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom