Tips for Toa casual gamers.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
I have used WAY to much time on toa ... and would like to help others to get more benfit in less time ... (ml 10, 6 artifatcs activatet)

so i thougth maybee we could disquess how to max the benefit with the least possible time used on toa..

this is my oppions about what is essential for different class's.
some ppl may have other oppions and i hope they will post as well.

In general it seems the caster groups are the FOTM rvr groups now ... so what ever you play then focus on Anti caster stuff

Clerics: Consentrate on getting ml5 in the perfecter line.. the perfecter line is the strongest ML line and im sure it is worth the time both in roaming as in campish RvR

Casters: imho ML's sux for casters .. get MAX ml1 for stormlord and ML2 for convoker.. instead consentrate on getting artifatcs which increase youre casting speed/dam/range AND LVL THEM ... ask ppl who got the artifact allrdy how they are to lvl ... (Staff of Gods Sux to lvl imho)

Offensive melee's: get banelord 1.. get anti caster artifatcs .. avoid trying to use days to get artifatcs like eugines hauberk or Shades of mist ...
you will benefit more form stuff which give more Damage faster than defensive stuff..

Defensive melee's: atm Grabbel and bodyguard are overpowered ... get ML8 Battelmaster.. im sry .. but thats how the game are now.. if you got time to get artifatcs try getting stuff which return damage.. or offensive artifatcs again ..

About ML's...

ML3 is Hell ML ... This ML WILL take long time ... dont expect to finish it in time...
ml4.2 ... it is a zerg ML .. you WILL need to plan to get this ml .. it migth even demand you reschedule RL stuff .. there is very few of those raids so if you ever hear about 1 then do some planing so you can get in the raid .. allso plan to stay at least for ml 4,2 4,7 4,8 ...

About Artifatcs..

avoid camping for artifact .. it will make you pisset .. waste your time.. etc etc ... instead maybee plan with some friends 1 day each week you use 3 hours to help each other getting artifatcs...Make a tour around the artifatcs the group wants and kill those artifatcs who are up..
IF YOU WANT AN ARTIFACT HAVE LOC AND A PLAN HOW TO GET IT RDY !!

when you are boored at work/school you can surf for info about the artifatcs you want.. remember .. it is yanks who wrote the info so with a good group you can take all artifatcs no matter what they say about zergs needed..
(only exceptions are Golden spear and maybee Silverhorn bracer (zorakatz something))

it will help tremendously if your cleric got ml5..

some artifatcs lvl very very easy ask around to find out which some of em are ...
Belt of Moon
Belt of Sun
Cloudsong
Shades of mist (forget this if you got a life.. to hard to get)

About scrolls.. a few scrolls are very hard to get those scrolls are

Lokus 3 (Dreams sphere artifatc)
Regarding shades 3 (shades of mist artifact)
Mad tales 3 (Maddening scallers gloves)
1 of the lokus scrolls(for Guadian of valuer artifact .. cant remember which 1)

Rest should be possible to get even if you got a life..

make an alt .. park him at the CM seacher guy in housing zone and when you got nothing to do then seach for the scroll you are needing or WILL be needing and if they on sale for reasonable price's then buy instead of trying to camp em .. common scrolls are 50 gp-100 gp .. imho never ever pay more than 1.5P for a scroll .. (some do i know)

i hope some of this stuff can help you not to waste to much time in toa .. but still be able to compete in RvR..

and hope other albs will add info they think will help on this goal..

Filip

Theurg in HB

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Nice post, thanks for trying to pass on some helpful tips :)

Hopefully others will do the same thing and help their realm-mates out :clap:

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
yep yep..

and dont forget to rvr every once in a while when pve starts feeling like work.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
This is a really helpful post and in saying the minimum we need to do you've inspired me :> I might buy ToA afterall if I don't need to go through all the ML's as a caster!

One thing though, what do scrolls do? :p As I don't have ToA yet I've got no idea :>

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
There is 3 steps in getting an artifact..

1. Get the artifact
2. Get the 3 scrolls you need to Activate the artifatc
3. Exp the artifact to lvl 10...

1 and 2 can be done in any order ...

all 3 steps can have very different dificulty to finish..

some artifatcs all 3 steps are easy ... some got 1 hard step and 2 easy steps etc etc..

Silmarwen

Fledgling Freddie
You need the credit for the artifact as well, ie you need to be in the grp/bg woh finishs the encounter, evne if u buy the artifact later.. oyu need the /quest encounter conclusion flag :D

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
oui i forgot 1 thing ....

scrolls drops way more often in dungeons ...

so for scrolls who drop in water areas try ml2 dungeon ...

for scrolls in Desert zones try ml5... (need ml1 to enter)

for scrolls in Lava zones try ml 7 (need ml3 to enter)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Sheer luck is also an undeniable factor when it comes to % drop chance. As an example, I got Mad Tales 3/3 on very first solo Taur Purphoros I killed, yet took me ages to get a common Juleas Story scroll.

This site http://www.toascrolls.com/scrolls/ is excellent for researching what drops what etc.

Another big tip I would have is to research and plan your artifact levelling to get most bang for your buck. As an example, you can level Cyclops Shield, Mad Scalers and Shades of Mist at the same time on Ravenclans at Berks. Make it hell of alot easier than trying to level 6 artis one by one.

Don't be tempted to believe that you are going to level your artifacts in RvR after 1.68. You won't. The xp earned from an RvR kill is just too small. 20k rps gets me 3% of a level on Mad Scalers. To equal that in PvE is 4 orange con.

Mawinax

Fledgling Freddie
Filip U have gotten to the essence of it. Agree on the ML choices.

Comments:
- Guard of Valor scrolls are called Love story - the hard 1 is 2/3, but tnot hard eneough to go on the lsit U haev made IMO. As on rigth now u can buy all the loves story scrolls from 500GP to 2.5PP and they have been on sale for days. I have never seen a Mad Talse 3/3 for sale.

- Before desiding on an artifect evaluate all the work on filips check list. For some of them 1 of the scrols is hard to get, for some the artefact, for some the leveling takes ages and for some its 2 or more of the above.

- to get an idea about the easiness of the crolls U can check to merchats in housing also, as the price often reflects the obtainability

- scrolls from Glades world drops in ML9 dungeon (ML8 to enter)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't say don't pay more than 1.5p for a scroll tho... :puke:
more like don't pay more than 200g...
even as a casual gamer, it's not worth that, eventually there will be more scrolls on CMs as people/guilds start to see they don't need them in vaults.
by the time you finish with a template, maybe the scroll will be for sale much cheaper, or maybe you'll get it on a raid...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Skilgannon said:
Don't be tempted to believe that you are going to level your artifacts in RvR after 1.68. You won't. The xp earned from an RvR kill is just too small. 20k rps gets me 3% of a level on Mad Scalers. To equal that in PvE is 4 orange con.

Some seem to level quicker. Ceremonial Bracer currently only earns xp off daytime rvr, but is already up to 25% of level 1 after 10k total rps (so not all of those earned in daytime).

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I would love to know the actual exp'ing rate for arti in rvr after 1.68.

The only thing I saw on it was some noob saying: after 3 hours of RvR, about 9k, I got less than xyz% (forget what he said).

After you get the basic stats in lower lvls then I would think it would be ok to exp artifacts higher lvls for the toys in rvr.

Yes, I am going to be RP horny from now on !

Another tips to remember is to be careful how you exp your artifacts in general. Don't spend all that time to get artifacts and then wear them down before you even get to rvr...

Duze

Loyal Freddie
One thing about the Ravenclans - I KNOW u get more exp if you exp on the ones near Berks (frontier bonus etc.) but as it seems mids/hibs have the same idea and are often around in fg's don't forget that there are also a small camp of them at Llyn Barfog. Only about 10 or so and I dunno what the pop rate is like, but if you're getting repeatedly killed then its worth a try :)

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Some seem to level quicker. Ceremonial Bracer currently only earns xp off daytime rvr, but is already up to 25% of level 1 after 10k total rps (so not all of those earned in daytime).

The problem with RvR levelling is that often you get rps but no xp, as I believe the timer on xp is double that for rps.

Artifacts that have a specific RvR requirement level alot faster from RvR than those that don't i.e. Scalars. After 1.68 all artis will be capable of being levelled from the xp awarded for an RvR kill, but is not really viable when the xp for a 'yellow' is split between 8.

Would a player really expect to level a toon to 50 in a hurry in a group of 8 killing yellows?

It is a nice bonus to earn xp whilst in RvR, but my warning to anyone contemplating relying on this is that you are in for a long ride with gimped stats doing it that way.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
well the way ialk put it to me - it makes sense to me

Exp from rvr kills for artifacts will be like the normal exp points we get now in rvr... basically nothing
Although it will be very slow, I think I will still probably end up exp'ing things in rvr because
1) I don't have time to exp 10 or 11 artifacts or I would be out of rvr for 4 months
2) I am a rejuv cleric :D and as nice as my friends are, I doubt they would want to lvl scorpians tail with me ^^ So my rate of killing yellow/oranges solo would be probably close to getting exp in rvr but I would be having fun in rvr.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Duze said:
One thing about the Ravenclans - I KNOW u get more exp if you exp on the ones near Berks (frontier bonus etc.) but as it seems mids/hibs have the same idea and are often around in fg's don't forget that there are also a small camp of them at Llyn Barfog. Only about 10 or so and I dunno what the pop rate is like, but if you're getting repeatedly killed then its worth a try :)

If you aren't after Frontier xp and are only after 'Giant' mobs then Dartmoor is the way to go. No chance of being ganked, ML exp (1% per named) and nice salvage.

Levelling in the Frontier adds a bit of excitement to the chore. Several times I have found Mids xp'ing just around the corner from me. Hid a few times, and ganked a few times. Only been ganked once so far, by Tusk and Co in HotC. (thx for waiting till I finished the mob :)) Makes it fun.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:
Artifacts which were designed to level on RvR will level quite quickly doing so (they have very low xp requirements). Ones which were designed to level in PvE need 10-100x as much xp, so it's completely infeasible to level these solely through RvR. (Gaining 1 bubble at 50 is bad enough doing PvE ;))

swords

Can't get enough of FH
next patch Ceremonial bracer levels off all rvr regardless of time so it should zoom through the levels in a good GG.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Go away fellow addicts !!!! hush hush .. move along ... this was for casual gamers !!!

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
Go away fellow addicts !!!! hush hush .. move along ... this was for casual gamers !!!
casual gamers dont read FH :/
its a nice thread too :)

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
I think the trick to this is also to limit the number of artifacts you go for to a sensible level. Its all to easy to get carried away with all the cool stuff.
My suggestion would be to stick to 3-4. Any more and you will be spending 6 months in PVE trying to get them, the scrolls and level the bloody things.

Also, use some of the nice TOA quest items in your template. There are some cool armour and accessories which are far easier to get than artifacts and give good bonuses to dmg etc.

For casters there is quite alot of choices. Storm Cloud Gloves, Shaitan Charged Gloves, Sand Scorched Cap, Gem of Mystic Alacrity.
Fine the util isn't wonderful but then again, it shouldn't be difficult to cap all anyway.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
Artifacts which were designed to level on RvR will level quite quickly doing so (they have very low xp requirements). Ones which were designed to level in PvE need 10-100x as much xp, so it's completely infeasible to level these solely through RvR. (Gaining 1 bubble at 50 is bad enough doing PvE ;))

Ah that explains it :)

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Gorre said:
casual gamers dont read FH :/
its a nice thread too :)

Yes we (I?) do! Probably spend more time reading FH than playing tbh.

Thanks for the info Filip. Disappointed to hear that two of the artifacts I want most are on the "Hard to get list" :( (Shades of Mist, Golden Spear).

Lethul

FH is my second home
Anastasia said:
Yes we (I?) do! Probably spend more time reading FH than playing tbh.

Thanks for the info Filip. Disappointed to hear that two of the artifacts I want most are on the "Hard to get list" :( (Shades of Mist, Golden Spear).

you can do both with 1 fg, som with even less i think. Golden Spear is quite tricky is the last dude gets the spear but can be done even if he gets (he gets thougher if he gets teh spear etc, like the sphinxes and the som cloak). I dont know how to do it tho, i just follow my paladin and spam pets :(

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
At the moment, I'm a casual DaoC player. Nice tips Filip!
Regards, Glottis

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
We did SoM with a group of 6, just took a while.

GS on the other hand, I've done it with 1.5FG but it dropped from the second dude and none of them absorbed it (grew).
If the last dude gets the spear and grows in size though, forget it unless you've got a good 2FG+. He casts a healing field which is huge and you have to move him out of it or he gains back silly amounts of hits and something seems to trigger these so he seems to almost constantly spam them.
We spent over 2 hours with 1.5FG, at the best point we had him down to about 45%, then heal field spam, every minute he healed himself, after that kept getting him down to 80%, then we'd get a spam of heal fields and he'd be back up to 95%.
He also hits like a ton of bricks.

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
the reason that it is hard to get SoM is becuase of the insane respawn timer ... not to kill the mob ...

about golden spear ... i thougth you had to kill all 3 mobs within 10 min to get the spear ? ... maybee im mistaken ... but we killed them 1-2 times with 1fg .. never droppede spear ... speed killed them and it dropped ...

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
just one thing tho about scrolls

i farmed mine too, i farmed shades 3of3 even and its hell (unless u get lucky) so imo with the rare scrolls (som3, mad 3, malice 3) buy them if u have the money to spend - paying 5p for som3 is so worth it rather than going and camping it with a fg for 5 hours only to have it not drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom