Tips for classes

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Just wanted to compile a thread with tips and hints about each class, which can help new players if they wish to create them. You can add to any class if you think you have a good tip. Please label them as (PvP) or (PvE) at the start of each tip.

Nightshade (Stealther) Tips

(PvP) Use a runthrough PA. If you have CD, you can run up through stealth at the target, PA whilst running through, stick to their back, and CD. You can then use back styles such as Wasp Sting (or Snowshower if yours CD specced) which can deal a lot of dmg. Saves time instead of strafing or running through after PA and CD. It also helps to stop the CD stun from being evaded, parried or blocked from the target (because you are behind)

(PvP) Very sneaky for a stealther - Create a macro on an empty bar as:

/macro send /send %t Is any guild member online, I need to chat to them.

This is especially effective against casters or tanks. Though it doesn't work all the time (auto run 4tw ><) it can stop targets moving for a while while you get ready for a PA. If you really want to be sneaky, you can change the question for a longer response instead of Yes or No. This can make the target stand still longer, and you can do more styles before the target reacts (because they are typing). This ofc only works if the target is in a guild ;)

More hints and tips for a stealther coming up! ...

exx]

Fledgling Freddie
i know this thread is to help people, runthrough pa is good, but any non-retarded can smack nearest enemy and stick in time for your back chain to screw up. Also /macro send /send %t Is any guild member online, I need to chat to them, all the time you run manually? if some random pms me, i hit auto run and run off and then answer, also /macro send /send %t hey mate you want 500g?, even if they stop to say lol they still stop :D

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
exx] said:
i know this thread is to help people, runthrough pa is good, but any non-retarded can smack nearest enemy and stick in time for your back chain to screw up. Also /macro send /send %t Is any guild member online, I need to chat to them, all the time you run manually? if some random pms me, i hit auto run and run off and then answer, also /macro send /send %t hey mate you want 500g?, even if they stop to say lol they still stop :D
I ment that Runthrough PA is better then PA in front, because of many reasons.

Bellona

Banned
Bonedancer

In char select screen, select you char and press Delete, then type Y E S and accept

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
Bard (Tank:¬) )

possible specs:
-Standar Bard(boring ones) 47music 43nurture 16regrowth rest weapon.
-BAttlebard(myspec) 44music (u miss last aoe instamez) 43nurture 9reg 21weapon (stun after block, side hindered, chainside slowed)

Very nice char in groups.
Is ok in grps as mezer/speeder/end/interrupter(just few mins cos u run out of mana soon.. aoe mezz drains so much, if shaman doinng endurance, can interrupt very good with weapon+traitorprocs). Lulaby gives high chance of mezz 1st.

Perfect char for duos/trios.
Give speed, endurance, mezz and heal support. if played well is very nice ;)
can duo with tanks very fine, with dmg dealers, with casters, (bard+bd is uber). Also with stealthers, (example mezz enemy and ranger crit kill or PA)

Funny char solo.
Instand DD(lvl44music) deals about 200-240dmg every 10secs. not high range, its very important, dont try fight without pow. wiht 21 weapon, and traitors, i deal about 70dmg every hit. if traitor proc, it gives high chance of win ;¬) resist chants are very useful, with my spec i have 20% body chant, wich is rly useful to fight bds, sorcs(switch to energy one when they mezz), misntrels, skalds, and nearly every class. even matter for shamans, or spirit for necros and reavers after slam gone. (before they slam cold one for leviathan ). Instamez is uber, when ur 20% life or so, instamez target, pray for no purge. heal urself till 100%. use mcl. and try side positional hindered, move bit away playing endurance, DD a bit and then jump him. he should be ooe etc :¬P easy.

I can solo every basetank, warrior armsman hero (dd+endurun)
I can solo also zerks/bms/mercs if they dont have charge3. (i have sos1 for charge^^)
I can solo nearly all casters, cos of instant lulaby ;¬) they forget their qc spell.. and as half are noobs start run and kite and they die ;¬)
I can solo bds. mezz him+pets. kill commander (pray for not many DD resists, pets usualy resist a lot) when pets down, try use MCL and play endurance before bd mezz is over. when is over, do body resist and pray for traitor procs :D sometimes it works ;) if not, they lose MANY power anyway =)
I cant solo skalds easy... cant Dd kite and OFC i cant win em mele (normaly) if many luck and traitor procs. i could do a try, alrdy won some of em mele but is pure luck. ofc uber ones i cant ;¬)
I cant solo friars. imposible mele, and they have self end... i just mez and leavbe em ;D
I cant solo assasins if they use snare, if not i usualy sprint after Pa and run away CD. then is tank tactic, Dd+endurun. etc. if they do disease, just instamez. cure disease, and go on.
I cant solo archers... hit so hard with arrows, and evade so much for my mele skill :p maybe gimp scouts or so, but Sced ranger is not a good way imo ;¬)
paladins are a pain in the ass, they dont kill me never, i need 10mins to kill em xD

necro is total imposible.

guess it help if someone wanna make a bard. 1st lvl it pvping or u will be another gimp mezer lvl 50.

i think these things are most of them basical.. and a bit stupid but well, this topic is this topic... :eek:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ame said:
I ment that Runthrough PA is better then PA in front, because of many reasons.

Well PA in the front is the best since its the only way u can do PA o_O

But yes; CD should be done in the back; as any assassin can tell you

Wirey

Fledgling Freddie
I am dumb... i dont know how to play nightshade, play it for me Ame !! ><

fortunefish

Banned
Shaman-

-Always use Desease when planning to attack someone (as so many people for get as it dose no dmg)

-When in grps make sure u have insta pbaoe desease on main qbar as it completely fux ups the other grps healing and also is ncie for interupt

-In pve remember u have a root so if your doing reds try Bolt DD desease Root Bolt DD DoT Frigg then mele it down.

-Go high aug because no grps will take you if you have a rubbish end buff (try to get yellow dex/qui asap as it is a real + wen looking for grps)

-Vehment renewal is one of the best RAs ingame imho and i realy sudgest that you get it at level 40 (even level1 is worth having to save your grp in pve/pvp)

- Purge is a must ( dirty skald/champ snare and mezz when u r trying to kite)

Specs:

37 Cave - nice root and 2nd pbaoe insta desease
37 aug - yellow dex/qui

27 Cave - first pbaoe insta desease and some basic bolts
37 aug - Yellow dex/qui
28 mend - Grp blue frigg (uber) and some nice healing

41 cave - red bolt/dd (uber dmg)

RoNAgO

Fledgling Freddie
fortunefish said:
37 Cave - nice root and 2nd pbaoe insta desease
37 aug - yellow dex/qui

Ain't it 39 cave 37 aug? =), u have spare points there i think. And imo, atm the best shaman spec is 41 aug think it was or 42 (can't remember) since u get to cancel dex/qui buff which can change a whole battle if correctly done. At least the shamies i play with in mid pryd have that spec.

fortunefish

Banned
Ronago, sorry i forgot to put rest mend

if u have that cure desease on ur qbar and tapp it before healing ;)

RoNAgO

Fledgling Freddie
well, normally shaman's main focus point is interrupting and stealing buffs, at least in regular servers so healing ain't that important in a shamy. And for the cure disease thing, u have ml1 perfecter which is grp cure disease so no need to have enough mend for it

sabbar

One of Freddy's beloved
Jaison X said:
Bard (Tank:¬) )

even matter for shamans,

not like the dd+bolt is gonna kill you, my bet would be that the dot kills you and that spell is body dmg

Friar

end regain, nearest enemy, stick, speed angel thingy then spam firars boona dn counter attack...

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Yeppy Kinkster said:
Friar

end regain, nearest enemy, stick, speed angel thingy then spam firars boona dn counter attack...
And heal after combat before the adders come in.

Pinp

Banned
And then cry that you can't get any proper groups as you're gimpy and useless! :(

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Pinp said:
And then cry that you can't get any proper groups as you're gimpy and useless! :(
Friars get more groups on Camlann then on the RvR servers though.

Think its because stealthers like me are lurred to them, because they look like casters. We then get wtfpwned by doing only about 20% dmg on pa instead of 50%+ :(. And then the grp meets up with you and zergs you.

The only real use for friars imo. Besides extra boofage. Oh and grapple.. nerf.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Friars get more groups on Camlann then on the RvR servers though.

Think its because stealthers like me are lurred to them, because they look like casters. We then get wtfpwned by doing only about 20% dmg on pa instead of 50%+ :(. And then the grp meets up with you and zergs you.

The only real use for friars imo. Besides extra boofage. Oh and grapple.. nerf.
yeah nothing worse than attacking a friar just to have them turn around and slap you silly :(

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Hansmoleman said:
yeah nothing worse than attacking a friar just to have them turn around and slap you silly :(
Vanish1 4tw for 5 realm points :D

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Learnt that long ago, briton caster - avoid.

Alternatively stalk them and check the class before attacking :).

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
Learnt that long ago, briton caster - avoid.

Alternatively stalk them and check the class before attacking :).
Not easy to check on PvP ><.

If they were harpies = avoid.

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:
Vanish1 4tw for 5 realm points :D
vanish 1 is useless on pvp imo :) you always get some leecher throwing an ae spell at them that will then make you visible so you just die :p it was better before nf where you could get 2 pa's from it

Himse

FH is my second home
RoNAgO said:
Ain't it 39 cave 37 aug? =), u have spare points there i think. And imo, atm the best shaman spec is 41 aug think it was or 42 (can't remember) since u get to cancel dex/qui buff which can change a whole battle if correctly done. At least the shamies i play with in mid pryd have that spec.

a good shaman spec to hit the grps

44 Aug Rest cave xD

the aoe con shear is a nightmare :\ since you loose alot of hits

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
Hansmoleman said:
vanish 1 is useless on pvp imo :) you always get some leecher throwing an ae spell at them that will then make you visible so you just die :p it was better before nf where you could get 2 pa's from it

totally disagree, Vanish 1 is a must, take lvl 2 if you got the rps but imo its the first thing an assasin should save for. Saved my ass so many times, its invaluable. Old style Vanish was overpowered by a long way talk about an 'I win' button :rolleyes:

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Kicks said:
totally disagree, Vanish 1 is a must, take lvl 2 if you got the rps but imo its the first thing an assasin should save for. Saved my ass so many times, its invaluable. Old style Vanish was overpowered by a long way talk about an 'I win' button :rolleyes:
yeah the 1 second unseen and unattacked is well worth the fumble time afterwards :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom