tip of the day!!

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
If you are to criticise somebody, first walk a mile in his shoes.

That way, you are a mile away from him and you have his shoes.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
11. Before rolling on an item, make certain that you can actually use it.

Think alot of people need to remember that one... especially that stupid mage who rolled on a BoP polearm(a very nice one that I could have used) and won it in Uldaman yesterday!! I've seen several people roll on BoP items that they cant even use!! Why the hell do people do such things when someone else can use it? Its probably the easiest way for someone to get on my ignore list! And alot of other people just roll on stuff for the hell of it even though they cant use it.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Spankya said:
11. Before rolling on an item, make certain that you can actually use it.

Think alot of people need to remember that one... especially that stupid mage who rolled on a BoP polearm(a very nice one that I could have used) and won it in Uldaman yesterday!! I've seen several people roll on BoP items that they cant even use!! Why the hell do people do such things when someone else can use it? Its probably the easiest way for someone to get on my ignore list! And alot of other people just roll on stuff for the hell of it even though they cant use it.
While I agree with this, I can understand them at rare occasions.

One such occasion would be where the plate-wearer nicks every single drop (even if he doesn't intend to use it) just because it's plate - and the others are shafted because they can't use plate. It's equally valuable for the others as vendor trash, or possibly more valuable for enchanters. (In one particular instance, the same tank got a total of 5 blue weapons of different type - in a very caster heavy group)

I know the argument goes both ways, but you said yourself; you could have used it - but would you?

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
I know the argument goes both ways, but you said yourself; you could have used it - but would you?

Well yes ofcourse I would use it, else I wouldnt be moaning about it :p This is what the status was at the time:

My weapon: Bonebiter: http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5821
Dropped weapon: Grimlock's charge http://www.thottbot.com/?i=5237

Considering I have massive amount of str and stam and hardly any agility, that would be good for me. I also prefer faster weapons, so it would have been good for me. And the 2handed Axe looked crap ;)

But.. thanks to a friend, I got this http://www.thottbot.com/?i=6675 cheap :)

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
While I agree with this, I can understand them at rare occasions.

One such occasion would be where the plate-wearer nicks every single drop (even if he doesn't intend to use it) just because it's plate - and the others are shafted because they can't use plate. It's equally valuable for the others as vendor trash, or possibly more valuable for enchanters. (In one particular instance, the same tank got a total of 5 blue weapons of different type - in a very caster heavy group)

Using the n or g system is good for that... people say n or g(need or greed) before anyone rolls... you say n only if u can and will use the item, but if everyone says g then anyone can roll on it. Its easy enough to inspect someone to check if they need it ;) There alot of decent people in the game who arent greedy loot whores, and often people do share stuff if another person in the group needs something won by someone else. :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Spankya said:
Using the n or g system is good for that... people say n or g(need or greed) before anyone rolls... you say n only if u can and will use the item, but if everyone says g then anyone can roll on it. Its easy enough to inspect someone to check if they need it ;) There alot of decent people in the game who arent greedy loot whores, and often people do share stuff if another person in the group needs something won by someone else. :)

doesnt always work though, i was in a gnomeregan group and one guy simply rolled after he said "g", priest got pissed off and left... (even though he was rolling on everything too :eek: )

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Blizzard's tip of the day !

24. If you are playing on a PvP Realm and are in Contested Territory, it is generally a good idea to stay off the road.

no shit :m00:

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
Lubbocks Survival Tips of the day.

1. Dont eat the yellow snow.

2. Just because a bear puts both paws in the air it dosnt mean he is surrendering.

3. Dont ride your ram through all the little mounds of snow you see, they are called Igloo´s and people live there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom