Times are bad, and prices rise!

O

old.TeaSpoon

Price.bmp

10g for an 82s sword? :eek2:

*edit* Seems I snipped the picture a bit too much, I asked for an Iron Great Sword and thats the response I got ;)

A

Aule Valar

i think the 10g was probably more for the time wasted than the cost of the weapon, hardly worth making something that costs silvers

A

Apathy

It's almost like people who ask for MP suits for BG1. Tsk!

10g is a rip though. :p

a.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by Apathy
10g is a rip though. :p

Exactly. Even people selling 99% 102 stuff only sell at 2x cost :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Someone tried to charge me 30g for imbueing a helmet with 3 gems. The cost of the gems was 2g18s and the helmet was level 26.

Sometimes I think crafters are getting a bit too greedy. ;)

S

shani

Well if a crafter asks foor too much, just make a crafter yourself, or find another one....

so 10 gold is a rip ? And why is that ? If the crafter thinks his time is worth that much gold, let him

A

Apathy

Trust me, if I think a price is too high (With my 500% profit margins and 300% retry charges.) then...it probably is. :p

10g for an 82s sword? Why, I wouldn't be able to sleep!

a.

L

lissandra

Trust me, if I think a price is too high (With my 500% profit margins and 300% retry charges.) then...it probably is. :p

a.

Moron, u think every crafter wants to sell stuff with no profit at all? ITs just sad that he made the sword for you. Theres absolutely no point for that crafter to use his time to make a sword for you if he doesnt gain anything from it and taking a few gold for the time it takes to make it is more then fair, imo all crafters should get paid by the hour aswell. Like 10g for 10 mins or something.

O

old.linnet

It prolly just meant he couldn't be bothered to look up the prices so quoted you a random round number.

T

Teh Krypt

*Krypt cuddles his 99% thid armour :(*

*Fluffles Steph*

A

Apathy

Originally posted by lissandra
Moron, u think every crafter wants to sell stuff with no profit at all? ITs just sad that he made the sword for you. Theres absolutely no point for that crafter to use his time to make a sword for you if he doesnt gain anything from it and taking a few gold for the time it takes to make it is more then fair, imo all crafters should get paid by the hour aswell. Like 10g for 10 mins or something.

1) Noone made me a sword.

2) Paid by the hour? Yeah, right. Add that onto the initial markup and the retry markup. There's plenty of ways to cram profit into high level orders - that's why some people only do high level stuff.

10g for an iron great sword is 2000% profit, roughly. For something that cons so grey that it takes mere seconds to make.

Shoving up the profit percentage on calculators until you get to a nice round number is just stupid - the amount of low low armour I've made for people at a loss (When I have the time.) is silly but...I don't miss those 10g or 5s or whatever.

a.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

~makes mental note to charge people exhorbitant prices because it is 'fair'~

"Bronze dirk? That will be 10g please. That is factoring in the time it took me to go to the merchant, remember how to use the mouse buttons and then make the hilt, blade and then combine them. It is all SO time consuming when they con grey to me."

K

kinag

Hehe, I think Grundtvad meant it as a joke, Dont think he would want 10g for a lowbie sword..

F

Feac_

thats 1 of the reasons i done my crafters now the only person who charges me too much is the mrs

L

lakih

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
*Krypt cuddles his 99% thid armour :(*

*Fluffles Steph*

StephyArmor4tehwin!

/flex in his 99% thid armour

:m00:

O

old.TeaSpoon

I would have paid 1g for it, since its a nice round number, but since I didn't actually have the budget for it (needed new armour) I couldn't pay that. It doesn't bother me really, just thought it was a bit nuts when he told me how much he wanted for it :)

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Feac_
thats 1 of the reasons i done my crafters now the only person who charges me too much is the mrs

lo, that's what they're there for ;)

to stay on topic:
I'm all for profit, but 10g is insane. clever tho, with luck he had a newbie who was just able to afford that :p

S

shani

a.

I guess this could be a reason why I dont craft the low lvl stuff anymore... No profit, and allmost the same time is needed to make the stuff (Yes, most time consuming is getting the stuff or getting to a forge). Exceptions made for new players, friends and guildmembers.

All those people complaing prices are too high, do they have any idea how much it costs to get LGM ? Or how much time is involved ? And after that I should craft at cost ? No way :rolleyes:

A

Apathy

I know perfectly well how much it cost me, in time and pretend money, to get to LGM AC. I can afford to lose out on a few measly silver when I have nothing better to do. :)

a.

M

majingas

err why not ask for 10g

thers no rip off here fact of the market the price of an item will be the highest someone is willing to pay for it

simple

C

Cala-more

10g is fine. tbh at the low lvls i didnt even care much about what items I had as generally drops were fine 2 use. I remember the days when if your had af92 armour from barrows, u were like the man

O

old.Jable

its up to the crafter to chargewhat they want, but ffs id do it for free. wheni think of the plats ive given to crafters so they can skill, then theres this little whingey fker asking for 10g for a 92s sword?

wheres your pride?

(maybe if it was mp, then there'd be a case for a price hike)

L

Litmus

just likle the lvl50 skald in savasud last night selling a lvl51 shield for 500g, had no stats but had a DoT proc on, still it only cost about 50g to make a 99% shield and dot procs cost around 150g

D

DocWolfe

I think I would prefer to get something from the for 82s merchant than pay a crafter 10g for it, thus by charging extortionate prices the crafter looses out. Its the way price elasticity of demand works, the availability of substitutes is a large factor :p

S

Solid

rofl I believe your the moron here

it takes all of 30 secs to go to a merchant, buy the exact materials needed for a low lev sword and then make it, where is the oh so precious wasted time?

I used to make weapons up to alloy for free for most people i knew.

A

aphid

The problem most of the time is finding a crafter to make items for you, they are usually doing something more interesting with their time.

If paying to give the crafter a usefull profit makes them craft more then I'm all for it.

P

parlain

For non 102 AF items these days I'll ask the buyer to bring me the materials needed for the item(s); if he cba to look up what is needed to make the things I cba to either; if he can he gets a cost price item :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom