TimerE spawn stealing

Fiddiccan

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I dont think they should get away with it without getting their reputation spotted, so here it goes.

I came to Eramai to camp him, and well nobody was there so was perfect, checked one extra time - just to be sure there wasn't somebody behind a tree or something. Nobody was there, nice! :)
Ok i sat down and waited maybe 1 hour. And there he was in all his glory, Eramai spawned.
So I started asking around, if people wanted to join for credit only. Including an Animist from TimerE called Leiijaa(has an alt called Ljimn too). And well secs after i said this, their bard Ljimn came running, and disappeared again. Then about 1 min later he came with a fg of TimerE.
I ask them if they wanted to join for credit, though the cloak would be reserved for me, since it was my spawn and after i had said this, they start killing. I know according to the CoC that it is allowed to take a spawn if it isnt in aggro with someone, but it has something to do with respecting eachother in the realm. I was not invited to a BG, or a group to even get the credit. So the cloak drops, and they run off... :eek7:

Later i talk to the GM(Leiijaa and Ljimn.) and i get the answer that they were camping even though I know as a fact, that they had not been there in the hour I had been camping. Turns out in their opinion you can camp an artifact mob even though your not even near him.

Lat_Jævel

Fledgling Freddie
Ack, Im sorry to hear this.. I know Ljimn abit in RL and he is not a camp stealer( he is a rather funny carebear imo :D ), Im hopeing this was a mistake of some sort and that TimerE will help ya get it the next time. I can atleast help when i get home again..

And if this is true, i hope i speak for the whole guild that we are sowwy :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Aliorm said:
Camp an artifact isnt allowed >.<

If you cant pull it, its not your mob.

It's not the nicest way of doing things, but think about it objectively...

IF a group turns up and must wait for a solo person to form a fg it will slow down the repop timer on the encounter...why should a fg ready to rock have to wait however long it takes some solo player to form a fg (what if it takes an hour to get enough players to kill the mob? should they still wait for you?) ? Answer, they shouldnt.

Afk bot camping is the same, if a fg turns up, mob is there and a bot camping that cant handle the encounter, that bot has no right to the mob....therefore bot camping is a waste of time unless you can make a group in time once the mob pops.

Oh, and how can a fg invite you for credit? Its a fg....

Why, if they are doing the lions share of the work (and if they let you join, they must drop a guild member just for you), should you be allowed to preclaim the arti if it drops?

If you pull first, its yours, if they pull first, its theirs.......simple.

Fiddiccan

Fledgling Freddie
If you cant pull it, its not your mob.

IF a group turns up and must wait for a solo person to form a fg it will slow down the repop timer on the encounter...why should a fg ready to rock have to wait however long it takes some solo player to form a fg (what if it takes an hour to get enough players to kill the mob? should they still wait for you?) ? Answer, they shouldnt.

Let me again add, it has something to do with respecting eachother not pulling mobs that someone is camping. I was gathering a grp, and I had only tried for 2 mins before they came and killed.

Afk bot camping is the same, if a fg turns up, mob is there and a bot camping that cant handle the encounter, that bot has no right to the mob....therefore bot camping is a waste of time unless you can make a group in time once the mob pops.

I was there and I was at the comp all the time.

Oh, and how can a fg invite you for credit? Its a fg....

Does it really matter ? :) they could have invited to BG atleast. Oh right they did say I could join for the credit, after I told them THEY could join ME for credit :)

Why, if they are doing the lions share of the work (and if they let you join, they must drop a guild member just for you), should you be allowed to preclaim the arti if it drops?

I said they didnt even invite me to a BG either... Meaning i know they shouldnt kick their guild mate. And well i think if i had been camping it, and waiting for it to spawn, it will(in people who respect eachother's eyes) be my artifact mob so aye, it is preclaimed, but seems you share opinions with Ljimn.
And btw, they wouldnt be doing the lions share of the work if they had waited 2 mins for my people to get there :)

If you pull first, its yours, if they pull first, its theirs.......simple.

Well lets all remember that rule then ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
its not really about respect.

you just cant camp mobs.

There is no such thing as camping.

IF the mob is there someone can come kill it.

Fact u been sitting there waiting means nothing.

Then killing it, even with you there alone before them, is no less disrespectfull than you putting a beach towel down on a spawn before they arrived.

Lat_Jævel

Fledgling Freddie
^^ Agree ..

But imo, they should have made a BG so u would atleast got the encounter :/

nol

Fledgling Freddie
If he notified them of the spawn, they could have at least have had the decency to allow him credit and a roll for it.

Waiting for eremai is a horrible business, and nothing is worse when you've been waiting for a mob for ages and some tit runs up and nails it from under your nose.

That said, there is nothing you can do about it :/ it might ruin a guild rep a bit, but tbh some don't care about that either.

legar

Loyal Freddie
in the game mechanics its perfectly fine what they did. allthough i consider it to be very very rude :wij:

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
hah, another new guild w/ no respect for old exc players, its nothing new, life with it i guess

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Not too fair really, not much can be done. Although if they were gonna take the cloak for themselves (which btw I wouldn't have preclaimed a drop only to ask people I hardly know to kill it) they should have at least started a BG.
Only the other night when we came across the HE mob I saw a bard nearby, immediately started a /bg for them to join.

Turns out they needed the cloak rather than credit, cloak didn't drop in the end but the thought counts at least.

IMO it would have been nice to have at least got a /bg going and everyone who needed the cloak lotto for it since they provided the means to kill it :fluffle:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Fiddiccan said:
Let me again add, it has something to do with respecting eachother not pulling mobs that someone is camping. I was gathering a grp, and I had only tried for 2 mins before they came and killed.

You cant camp a mob, this argument has been thrashed out a lot since toa arrived.

Fiddiccan said:
I was there and I was at the comp all the time.

Sorry, it doesnt matter...the only advantage to camping an artifact mob is you will be the first to realise it has spawned.

Fiddiccan said:
Does it really matter ? :) they could have invited to BG atleast. Oh right they did say I could join for the credit, after I told them THEY could join ME for credit :)

Very polite of them, and yet you come here and flame their guild?

Fiddiccan said:
.... And well i think if i had been camping it, and waiting for it to spawn, it will(in people who respect eachother's eyes) be my artifact mob so aye, it is preclaimed, but seems you share opinions with Ljimn.
And btw, they wouldnt be doing the lions share of the work if they had waited 2 mins for my people to get there :)

Immaterial, you cant claim something like a mob....ok, lets do it your way then shall we?

...i claim the dragon as my mob, i'll go sit there and everytime a raid shows up to kill it, ill demand they invite me, and i will have preclaim on every drop, if they dont invite me ill come to FH and cry (and flame their guild...which is my main objection to this thread) because they stole my mob!

Get real.

Fiddiccan said:
Well lets all remember that rule then ;)

Not a rule, just the unfortunate reality.

General courtesy applies to a lot of people in Hibernia, most will see a mob camped by a bot and leave it alone, but they are well within their rights to pull it. You cant whine at a guild for doing something thats well within their rights.

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
This is 1 of thos thing that has to happen to you to realy under stand, and most hibs dont give a dam. If you cant camp a arti mob hove can you ever get artis. There is many who cant run around whit an arti grp all the time cous there guild is to smal or thay dont get arti grps. I whod have sendt it to right now, even there is a smal chans that thay do something about it.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
evial bloodstone said:
This is 1 of thos thing that has to happen to you to realy under stand, and most hibs dont give a dam. If you cant camp a arti mob hove can you ever get artis. There is many who cant run around whit an arti grp all the time cous there guild is to smal or thay dont get arti grps. I whod have sendt it to right now, even there is a smal chans that thay do something about it.

The main objection to camping artifact mobs arose because certain people were putting bots at key mobs when toa first arrived, farming that mob and selling the arti's for a fortune...while at the same time other hibs couldn't get any artifacts they wanted/needed due to the actions of a select few (seem to rememeber cloudsong being camped 24/7 by a certain bot, or at least it seemed that way).

So people started asking bots if they were there, if they got no reply in 2-3 minutes they would simply pull the mob and ignore the bot.

Right-now will do absolutely nothing, as the players in question have done nothing wrong (other than ignoring a realm-mate, which is a bit off).

Artifacts have been the cause of so much bad blood in all 3 realms, the whole concept of forcing realm-mates to compete against each other for these items runs contraty to the whole idea of DAoC, which is realm vs realm....not realm vs itself.

Fiddiccan

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen, I think your example with the dragon is the worst i ever heard. It has no similarities with my incident, and the dragon has been known as a "realm-gathering" point in the past. Not something you can camp.

And again i will say, I'm not angry that they stole "my" mob. As I said, its not against the CoC so i can't do anything about it. My problem is the fact that they run over me and dont really give a damn about me. People should respect eachother regardless of what situation were talking about.

I see alot thinks this is about a mob beeing killed I had been camping. That is not my problem, my problem is, I will say it again; That they do not respect people. I gave them a tip about it beeing up and asked for help, and they come and kill, without talking to me, or giving me time to start a BG. That is NOT handing out a proper respect to a guy now is it? ;)

Though I agree with you on this Tallen:
Artifacts have been the cause of so much bad blood in all 3 realms, the whole concept of forcing realm-mates to compete against each other for these items runs contraty to the whole idea of DAoC, which is realm vs realm....not realm vs itself.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
some weeks after toa release when i camped eramai everyday i wouldnt lift an eyebrow if some ppl came before me to kill it if i hadent the force to kill it with there.. when others came i was glad to get a shot at lottoing for it if it dropped.. if they wanted me in grp :eek:

don't see how ppl can reserve stuff by lookingat an empty spawn

evial bloodstone

Fledgling Freddie
you are running to an arti spot and see that the mob has spawned. You ask inn /gu and ask for help. Afther a few mins you get a grp together and thay are otw. Then a full grp from another guild comes, thay see the mob and thay see you standing there. The grp killes the mob, grabb the arti and leaves. This happent to my sister, and i dont think its right.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Fiddiccan said:
Tallen, I think your example with the dragon is the worst i ever heard. It has no similarities with my incident, and the dragon has been known as a "realm-gathering" point in the past. Not something you can camp.

It has ALL the similarities to your incident, you need about the same amount of people to kill dragon that it takes to kill your artifact mob.

Sofar it has only happend 1 time that we got 2 diffrent raids at dragon at same time. but we sorted that with saying that all that wasnt logged at dragon couldnt join that time. maybe not so nice to those that was invited that all the sudden got kicked. but dont think anyone got mad, after all they could just join next time

Ljimn

Fledgling Freddie
-Sigh-

This is my Version of this Story:

My guild was roamin between Danos, Eremai and Dawar all morning. After a check if Dawar was up i coinsidently ran down to check Eremai, and what do u know, he was up.

So i ran up to get my guildies, ran down, started to schroom.. and all of a sudden a bard (Fiddiccan) that was stuck to Eremai started to tell me he needed the Encounter. I said sure, u can join for the encounter if u need it, so i disband one of my guildies to invite him. He was grouped so as i was about to tell him to disband.. he said: This was his spawn, and he'd bin here for hours campin him..

Since i've bin runnin between Danos/Eremai/Dawar (1 min run between with bard speed) all morning, i know for a fact that he hadnt bin there for longer then 10 min max.

So i told him soz, and pulled Eremai into my schrooms.

He came over and saw Eremai dropped the cloak, and he started to give me tells. Tellin me if he didnt get that cloak that was his, he would destroy TimerEs reputation. I tryed to tell him the spawn isnt anyones to claim, if he had a Animist up and schrooms and everything ready, i would've walked away. But he was there alone.

After about 30 min of Dynasty tendencys (I WILL DESTROOOOY UUU), i told him i was tired of seen his name pop up every 1.1 sec on tells, so i congratulated him on beein the first on my ignore list on this server, and ignored him.

Uppercut

Fledgling Freddie
Sad. Hand everything to me and ill consider both sides forgiven. :clap:

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, both your signatures sucks ;)

I was just watching what happend from my girlfriends screen, so I dont have first hand knowledge on what happend there. But as far as camping a mob with 1 person and expecting everyone else to walk away, thats just plain ignorant. I have played on US servers and now started on Euro servers, and the way its always worked is if you arent able to kill the mob when another group comes who IS able to kill it, well sorry but then you're out. All the times this have happend to me the solo campers have been invited and given the same chance to roll on the drop as everyone else, but they dont get special treatments beyond that just cause they have camped there longer. If that was the rule, someone would always just make sure a char dont LD and keep it at a spawn 24 hours a day to prevent anyone else from killing it.

Sorry for what happend, and it was a shame you took off on your "ban TimerE spree", but in all fairness nothing really bad happend here. If you want to camp, make sure you have the people ready to kill when the mob is there, thats what we did.

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
asking ppl outside guild to help with an artifact for credit only is just rude imo.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Since when taking an artifact from a campor lower your reputation? ;o

What a tard :x

Vantros of the Delerium

Fledgling Freddie
look this was cleared up right at the damn start if u dont have a group there rdy to take the mob then dont whine if someone pulls it.. everyone was whineing cos peeps have bb logged all over in order to claim a spot soon as arti popped... well this is bs.. if u cant pull it then dont whine about it... now if u are about to pull it just setting up fop etc then whine about it, but if u sitting there solo and u cant solo it then its free game....

yes it would be nice if they asked if they could have it but thats just not gonna happen due to greed... so best bet is to just deal with it, nothing can be done and whineing here just leads to everyone whineing cos they camped it solo and thier group didnt get thier in time...

They didnt steal your spawn cos u werent pulling any spawn.. personally i woulda let u in and lotto for it out of fairness, but each to thier own.

And yes this has happened to me also and yes i was in a mood about it but well nothing i couldnt deal with, just went and got it another time simple...

BTW if u had already pulled it and they stole the kill from u then it would be cause to wine and u can get a ban placed on an account for this... although the warning bann is only 2-3days i think.. :twak:

anyway this is my 2 ecnts.. done qq or shit about what i said im allowed my opinion :wij:

nol

Fledgling Freddie
I have no problem with people waiting for a spawn. I do have a problem with people leaving a char sitting waiting for spawn to farm the item and sell it repeatedly (like a certain low level stealther that spends all day on a log in Volcanus). Waiting for Eremai pretty much means sitting there for 1-8 hours waiting for a mob to spawn, there is nothing exciting or pleasant about it, it's totally crap.

If he does spawn and you have a group inc, you might be lucky enough to kill him and pre claim if everyone is agreed. If you are unlucky and invite other players to help you kill him, then at least you can expect credit and a random 100. You can't preclaim an item in a group that is not agreed about it, regardless of how long you waited for the mob.

The issue here for me is the fact whilst looking for help he informed them of the spawn, instead of helping they just ran in and killed Eremai. I wouldn't call them item stealers, because you have no right to that item, I do consider it very rude though.

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
The issue here for me is the fact whilst looking for help he informed them of the spawn, instead of helping they just ran in and killed Eremai. I wouldn't call them item stealers, because you have no right to that item, I do consider it very rude though.
Maybe I read it wrong, but the way I read it, TimerE saw Eremai was up before Fiddican told them it was his camp.

Anyway, my experiences with TimerE has always been positive. They've always been respectful and helpful to me, and very friendly people.

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:

Nice sentiment except, from the other side of the story ...

Ljimn said:
So i ran up to get my guildies, ran down, started to schroom.. and all of a sudden a bard (Fiddiccan) that was stuck to Eremai started to tell me he needed the Encounter. I said sure, u can join for the encounter if u need it, so i disband one of my guildies to invite him. He was grouped so as i was about to tell him to disband.. he said: This was his spawn, and he'd bin here for hours campin him..

... from the horses mouth ...

Fiddiccan said:
Oh right they did say I could join for the credit, after I told them THEY could join ME for credit :)

.. so I think the person being rude here is Fiddiccan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom