Time to say goodbye

O

old.salsashark

The last 16 months were great fun most of the times. Ihp.ef had ups and downs, met nice clans / players. Some tough matches were fought, still remember our very first fun war with ESA *g*… We were completely overrun. Trains with wrld were usually great fun but somehow devastating :p.

The first couple of months were the best, since the cheats in ef were not spread so widely as today. This brings me to the point…

The reason we stop playing in the ef leagues is that nowadays the individual playing skill does not decide a match but the “skill” of using cheats.
Initially we only wanted to frag for fun with no league ambitions. Soon we got into leagues we had somewhat more fun :) and we got more ambitious, hehe. Our aim was to become better and to win some more matches. But not at any price. Therefore the main rule of the ihp was not to use any kind of cheats. And we stayed clean until today and will stay clean in the future.
We had our doubts that cheats for ef exist better to say we had the hope that cheats like aimbots, speedhacks, wallhacks etc. do not exist. But since during the last months the number of snipers and their ability increased massively, we started looking around and soon found all kinds of cheats for ef (q3 engine) and those we found actually work in ef. Sure we could also start using these cheats to increase our “skill” a bit, but that’s no more fun – what’s the challenge?
From our perspective and with our attitude towards cheating it makes no more sense playing ef in leagues.

From our point of view teams / players using cheats have an inferiority complex. It seems hard for a lot of players to loose. They don't care about using some software help to compensate the lack of skill. Who cares about loosing his honour for the gain of respect by others, who think the cheating player is good? We do!
It is a common behaviour, especially for kids, to admire only winning teams as they need role models whom they can look up to. And what is a more obvious thing to do than using some help and becoming a role model too? Forget this short sighted way! The illusion you build up will be finally destroyed. Not in the game but in the real life.

Don’t u guys think playing without cheats is more fun?!

Thx to everyone for a great time *gg* we’ll probably meet again in UT2, hrhr , or meet our RtCW squad ;). Meanwhile we will probably frag for fun in in smaller ef leagues.

To all cheaters out there: “Your skills are insufficient!” (Quote: Seven of Nine) and that’s how we would deal with cheaters… Check it out!

Ihp.ef says bye bye for now. gl & hf all :) Stay tuned.

SalsaShark, Murpher, AcidBurn, Tankred, @ttaekk, Exodus, McGregory, Senior, Snoop, SuperMongo, Tcat, Willebil

W

widdy

sorry to hear you guys go :-( had many fun times with you in praccies etc :) maybe you might pay the ol' paddies a few visit eh :)

on the cheat thing mate.................mail me here and point me to them cheats.you know I won't use them because paddies don't use cheats in any shape way or form.But if the do work on EF I want to know how they work and how to spot them,that way our admins can be well informed and any known cheaters can be well and truely get kicked out.

lol *gets rather worried for fear of what happened last time he got involved in finding out about cheats*

M

mr.Blacky

sorry to see you go.

About cheats? I know from my own experience how much a bit of training will dramaticly improve your sniping ability. If you have a working aimbot make a demo please. Otherwise it will only be one person word against another, and will prove nothing.

T

Tempy_Incursion

Yeah it's a shame to see you go guys and also cheating in EF online sure is lame. :upyours:

W

widdy

Something I need clearing up

While on the subject of cheating i was on a pure server this morning and I "belive" i got killed by someone using a wallhack (remember i said belive!!!!!!!!!)

The map was voy_1,I had the flag on the third floor of our base (2 floors above the flag room).Someone from the other team was on the floor below me firing with the rifle on normal fire..................and I was getting damage!!!!

Now I know it's possible on kln_2 in the hanger when your on the walk way and someone fires the rifle from below you,but thats because the walk way is thin and also has holes in it......................but the 3rd floor of voy_1 is supposed to be concrete and glass(?) so in real physics this shouldn't be possible.

the question is.........................was it a hack or is it just a bug in the map?

T

Tempy_Incursion

Bloody hell m8 never heard of that before, surely it must be a hack. If it is we need some way to stop this sort of thing on the league servers.

G

greendemon

This is a familiar topic!

I actually blew the dust off my copy of EF the other day, cos I was feeling a bit sentimental - interesting results!

Has anyone noticed how, just at the crucial moment (you grab the enemy flag, or you are just about to cap), then blip! "Connection Interrupted" - fragged!

"I believe" it happens too frequently for it to be a genuine connection problem. Especially with my type of connection (512/256 pings of 20)

Funny also how this sort of thing doesn't happen on FFA.

These sort of issues are addressed in other games, with tools like Punkbuster of course.

I see a whole big can of worms opening up now.

Oops nearly forgot to say <<<LOL>>> !!

W

widdy

lol it has come up before :) but then it got shot down by CCC and shy-fx.

I gave up after a while because there was no point of just letting them feel big........................plus the fact we lost our main researcher lol

just funny how it's come up all of a sudden.

on the topic of the supposed "wallhacker?" it was a member of a clan that plays in EFL.I had never had that happen before thats why I was quite suprised.

on the note of the connection interupteds GD...............according to some people it's because of all the people chasing you and firing. lol all i can say to that is bulls***

O

old.lsfoobar

Sorry to hear ihp stop playing EF .. but I've heard this aimbot/wallhack stuff sooo many times...

In every case not 1 bit of proof has been provided.. show me the money!!!

Until I see it with mah own purty little eyes I remain very sceptical...

O

old.Dreadnought

wallhacks are definitly out there...i remember relman showing me on pictures his wallhack b4 !!!!! he was like telling me that he cud see through walls and stuff and that he had loadsa options to do things etc... thats when i told him to get the hell out of here :\

i also was getting accused of having an aimbot on instagib servers whilst using a diff name...then when i revealed my name the sad twat started sucking up like a tit.... saying how he was only "JOKING"....yeah....cud have fooled me..

sorry to c ure clan go too :(

M

mr.Blacky

Originally posted by lsfoobar
Sorry to hear ihp stop playing EF .. but I've heard this aimbot/wallhack stuff sooo many times...

In every case not 1 bit of proof has been provided.. show me the money!!!

Until I see it with mah own purty little eyes I remain very sceptical...
well not very sceptical but I have never seen anything on a public server or on a demo. I am and I have spent a lot of times on public/public-clan servers so I think I must have seen something....

ps foobar your eyes aint purty
:p

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

couple things :

First, when you see a cheat make a demo of his behavior and report IMMIDIATLY to #bwadmins where me and my fellow EF public admins iddle most of the time. We are here to prevent that kind of shit BUT we need proof.

Second, snipper skills can be improved very easily by playing in2tagib only for a couple weeks. That's how I got to be a decent sniper... I KNOW that some aimbots are around and I really hope those who use them will go play somewhere else or I'll ban dem sorry asses
:upyours:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom