Fact Time for one of those threads!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'll answer in quote;

"To my knowledge free schools have always had to teach evolution in science, but it is great that the government has reaffirmed its commitment to this"

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There was a chance the mentally unwell would be able to teach their rubbish as fact too.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In free schools should go with whatever the public norm is, so in this case creationism in religion class and evolution in science. Otherwise, f*ck if it's our place to say.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
f*ck if it's our place to say.

Really? You don't think the public has a say in what's taught to their children?

If you want religious education for your kids there's a place for it already - it's called church.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I think it is important from a cultural and awareness point of view to give a broad religious education at school.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I agree but it should be made clear that it is a fantasy. It is part of our history whether we like it or not.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Really? You don't think the public has a say in what's taught to their children?

They do as i said in public schools, but if it's a private, or even church funded school then par the course.

If the Christian College of Wandaloodi wants to teach creationism as fact and taxpayers aren't paying for it, their call.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They do as i said in public schools, but if it's a private, or even church funded school then par the course.

Not in the UK it isn't.

Private schools have to teach to the curriculum. "Free" schools have to do the same. It's a matter of funding and the fact we don't want our kids brought up being taught loony shit.

We can't have any old cult running things or we'll end up back in the times of burning witches, torturing "heretics" and general fucking bonkery that goes with religion.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I went to two Church of England Schools and both taught Creationism and Evolution, Evolution in Science and Creationism in RE which is where it should be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe they should teach beastiality in sex-ed, wouldn't be a problem for you :p

If they told kids that some humans have sex with animals, no, I wouldn't have a problem.

I don't mind kids being taught the truth.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
At the school I work at its like 90% Muslim, 9% Sikh or Hindu 1% Atheist and they were being taught Evolution last week, it was interesting, to say the least.

'So when I was a baby, I was a monkey?'

'But as Mosque, I was taught that this isn't true'

It's a bit annoying that the kids can brainwash other kids, and you cant really stop them from doing so.

When they were taught about Buddhism, the couldn't concept the 'No fake in the sky god' idea

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Creationists are slowly spiralling down the plughole as their belief bsse shrinks and the evidence mounts..it might take 50 or 200 yesrs but its inevitable.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
At the school I work at its like 90% Muslim, 9% Sikh or Hindu 1% Atheist and they were being taught Evolution last week, it was interesting, to say the least.

'So when I was a baby, I was a monkey?'

'But as Mosque, I was taught that this isn't true'

It's a bit annoying that the kids can brainwash other kids, and you cant really stop them from doing so.

When they were taught about Buddhism, the couldn't concept the 'No fake in the sky god' idea
Buddhism has Gods but they don't worship them in general. It's still as silly as any other religion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom