PC Master Race Timberborn

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrH93ruDlc&ab_channel=WorthABuy

Absolutely brilliant.

It looks so basic, but there is so much you need to do to get things running nicely.

You have to make sure your food supply is working, you have to sort out water gathering, depending on faction, housing. You can start playing around with water systems, dams, flood gates etc, water power. The key mechanic is the drought, the game cycles through periods of fine weather and drought, so you have to make sure you gather and store what you can, early on it basically shuts down your industry, no water, no farming= no food gathering, no water, no current = no power, no water, nothing to drink, everyone dies. Not enough food stored up during the fine weather? Everyone dies. You have to balance population around your requirements, all gathering and processing building, including farms, transportation hubs etc need staffing, some you can flip depending on the season so have beavers working on the power wheels (think hamster wheel) and switch them to inventors huts when the water is flowing again...but, too larger population? All the food and water runs out, everyone dies. As the game progresses, the drought periods become longer, so you have to start preparing for that by damming the river in places, building canal systems for irrigation etc.

The balance between life and death is a constant knife edge until you get everything running smoothly, it which point it kind of dies off, but, this is very new to early access, so I expect a lot more progression and later game things to do. It would also be nice to see procedurally generated maps, there is only a handful there at the moment so not a lot of choice, however there is a map editor already, so you can either edit existing maps or create new ones.

Lovely stuff.

Edit, this guy does some decent videos on it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I was sold at "Lumberpunk Beavers" lol :p

Edit: I'll give that a poke, love games like that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom