Tim Henman in winner shocker!!!

S

SilverHood

He won Paris Masters!

Omg

I can no longer joke about england being defunct at all the sports they invented.

The horror!

E

ECA

He beat Grosjean, Fedora and Roddick, so he did pretty well.

C

Cdr

Was this like on Virtua Tennis for the Dreamcast or something?

T

Tom

Amazing really, someone from England wins something and you lot take the piss out of him.

D

Deadmanwalking

Oh im sorry oh great tom you are right as always.

He is nothing special, he is so inconsistent it's not worth bothering a "YaY".

Oh you not an expert on tennis?

T

Tom

If getting to the semis at Wimbledon year after year is nothing special, then I don't know what is.

D

Deadmanwalking

Well if you do want to go down that route.

He is classed as Englands number 1. Which isn't saying much at all considering the awful state of any sport in this country bar the obvious ones.

Greg Rusedski is a quality player and while lacking the flare that Henman occasionaly decides to show, he is technically an excellent player and solidly consistent to match.

But he has a funny foreign name so he must be shit to 90% of English sport "fans".

Henman always gets a shafting for being a wuss and i can promise you that is very well based. I will say he has improved on that front as of late but still lacks the punch really needed to get somewhere.

That should do for now, Shall i carry on?

S

Sir Frizz

But Rusedski was born only in English waters, he barely has a claim on being a brit. Plus he's a twat.

T

Tom

ask Pat Cash about Rusedski, I'm sure you won't be correcting anybody who calls him shit.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Tom
If getting to the semis at Wimbledon year after year is nothing special, then I don't know what is.

I sometimes get semis watching wimbledon.

L

leggy

I agree with tom despite being a scot. He's one of the better players you lot have produced yet you all seem hell bent on slagging him off. The guy would still be called a **** if won wimbledon ffs.

Slag your shit football team(full of world class players :/)
off first before you do henman in. And yes I know we are crap but we don't claim to be anything but.

D

Deadmanwalking

I wasn't slagging him off for the reasons that almost everyone else does. I just don't see him winning this tournament as something that proves the henman lovers right.

In world terms he is nothing special, the nature of the game is that even players not seen ass great can beat the worlds best.
Which is why someone like Sampras was so impressive as year after year he kept up his form/wins.

Perhaps i was a tad harsh to him earlier but it just gets to me that "OMGS11!! He won he must be world class!!"

Oh and Sir Frizz why is he a twat?

Edit: Glad you mentioned the Scottish bit as your up and coming tennis sucks more than ours, and that is from personal experience.

J

Jonaldo

So Henman has been inside the top 20 players in the world for several years now and was in the top ten for quite a while. Out of several hundred thousand people ranked by the LTA that isn't really too bad now is it?

I would love to be 13th in the world at ANY sport, knowing there's only a dozen or so players that are considered better than you. It's a pretty fucking fantastic achievement and it's just a shame that Brits insist on slagging anyone who makes a success of themself off instead of supporting them. We think we should be #1 at everything in the world but considering the fact that Britain is a piss-ant little country who's population is probably lower than the amount of people going to sports training schools in other countries we do damn well.

When Frank Bruno finally won the world title we were too busy laughing at him being a panto clown and saying 'y'know what I mean Harry' than actually congratulating him on his achievement.

I just don't understand how people call our sportsmen and women shit when they cannot better their performances themselves.

D

Deadmanwalking

LTA ratings = hahahah

I at one point had a higher LTA rating then Henman taking the age dif into account.

J

Jonaldo

Nice one! :)

And what have you achieved in Tennis since then? Cos he's one of the top players in the world and a multi-millionaire.

D

Deadmanwalking

Got bored of being fucked about by the LTA and my coach and became a slob instead :D

Can still serve faster then him mind ;)

X

xane

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Can still serve faster then him mind ;)

This is Henman the Tennis guy, not your mate you used to work with behind the bar.

;)

T

Tom

I bet I could hit a ball at that speed, and like you, I could also make it hit the net or the back wall every time.

D

Deadmanwalking

Oh i forgot you didn't know that the serves arn't measured unless they go in.

:rolleyes:

X

xane

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Oh i forgot you didn't know that the serves arn't measured unless they go in.

Tsk, even I can use a hand pump to fill up a pint glass, big deal.

D

Deadmanwalking

Maybe you can spend time practicing your humour then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom