Thursday's Tube Strike

B

Brannor McThife

So, who all is in London and will probably be affected?

<raises hand>

I stay near Barnet, and there is no way in hell I'm going to bus in to at London Bridge. Ain't going to happen. So, if the strike does happen, I'll end up having to take it off as leave...and then take Friday off as well, why the hell not. :p

Kinda sucks that my work won't give us off if it does happen. :(

-G

M

~Mobius~

is this underground or what?

i go school Via train from Hounslow to Isleworth.....trains suck mine are late or cancelled every day and if you try and complain they ignore you

K

Kazzam

Me too

I get the train into london bridge, then get the jubilee line to canary wharf, so theres no way ill be in either :)

Kazzam

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I live in the Docklands, 5 minutes walk from the financial district. However I work in Bank which is considerably further, so I can walk there in around an hour. I'll be fine as long as the weather isn't unbearably hot and I turn up at work with my shirt clinging to my body wet with perspiration.

Originally posted by old.Mobius
i go school Via train from Hounslow to Isleworth

I've lived in Isleworth. I used to go to Isleworth and Syon school. Thanks to my time spent there I can honestly say that I hate West London.

M

~Mobius~

you kidding???

i go there to!!!

im in Yr 10.....i bet you know Mr Edmonds and Mr hall and teachers like that :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

im in Yr 10.....i bet you know Mr Edmonds and Mr hall and teachers like that :)
Mr Edmonds is the bald fellow, right? Deputy headmaster around my time, he used to pick up all the lads' litter.

Mr Hall used to be my form teacher, what a great fellow!

Is the love of my life Ms Miles still there? Does she still spend an unhealthy amount of time alone with Mr Hall in his office?

M

~Mobius~

rofl Mr Edmonds is still picking up trash. still dep head to :p

Mr miles is still there as well :)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Mr miles is still there as well :)
Damn, she had a sex change? Thanks for keeping the memories sweet *shakes fist at Mobius*

Anyway, Mobius, don't play in the sandpits; Fat Phil (the ooold headmaster) had a huge dog that would frequently excrete into it. So it's no surprise that sports day would always have the least volunteers for the long jump. I'm sure there's still some fossilized excrement in there just waiting to stain somebody's socks.

S

Solid

Strike permitting , I will be "working from home" as there is no way for me to get into Camden otherwise, so yes I may well be ingame :D

W

Wij

Lucky southern city-dwelling bast :)

Guess I'll have to hope for a pile of foot and mouth cows stacked upside-down outside my door to keep me at home. :eek6:

B

Brannor McThife

Just heard some poor chap fell under the tube down in Clapham South. No Northern line between Kennington and Morden...my oath is the Northern line cursed this week.

-G

S

Solid

Good News for me, I take the Northern Line to Mornington Crescent for work every day :D

O

Old Nicodemus

It means that London's underground system will be non functional for a few days SFX.

Which means that most of the London dwelling denizens of DoAC will be crawling back into the game for a couple of days! ;)

Those of us who don't have to use the tube will unfortunately have to go to work........... :(

Nicodemus
Spiritmaster of over 40 Winters.

B

Brannor McThife

Hey, I have to take leave...so it's not "free". It's either that, or spend 2+ hours bus hopping all the way in to town...frag that. I'll go watch Minority Report and play some DAoC instead...oh, and take Friday off as well... :p

It's only for Thursday anyway...not multiple days.

-G

O

Old Nicodemus

True Brannor....

But it might as well be for a couple of days. It'll still be chaos on Friday!

Nicodemus

J

Jupitus

Lucky gits - I drive in to work so all it means for me is much more crappy traffic on the M25 and a later start time for DAoC as a result:mad:

Hmmm.... mind you.... I do have some catching up to do on my emails... perhaps I should get my VPN access working again and 'work from home' ;)

S

SFXman

Ah I would've understood it if it was like "Metro" or "Subway" strike, but never heard anyone call it "Tube" :)

S

Solid

SFXman

The London Underground is known as the Tube, we dont like Metro, thats the free paper we get to read whilst travelling on the tube, and a subway is a dingy underground walkway used to cross large roads and for homeless people to squat

B

Brannor McThife

"The Tube" is a registered trademark owned by London Underground. :p

The Metro often refers to the Newyork underground. Chicago/Toronto both refer to theirs as a subway. :)

-G

G

Galatea

Not like the garbage strike over in Canada then, which is lasting 2 weeks and still going from what i know in Toronto, ick

S

Shamarinor

Will affect me also, so i have taken the day off :D

M

Melodic

Heh Solid I work in Camden too, but I live just up the road in Highgate so really don't have much of an excuse to not go in.

Dammit!

O

old.Eeek

Bowes Park here :) no work for me on thursday - too far to bus it to Westminster :D

K

Keri

Originally posted by Galatea
Not like the garbage strike over in Canada then, which is lasting 2 weeks and still going from what i know in Toronto, ick

The garbage strike ended a few days ago, thanks to our strange mayor Mel Lastman getting a back to work order passed. All the garbage was cleared away well ahead of schedule, so our city smells good again. Just as well .. we are expecting a humidex figure of 50C tomorrow. My airconditioning had better keep working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom