Thrust pala?

S

Smartypants

What do you think of this:
Saracen paladin, using thrust, I put 10 in Str, 10 in Con, and 10 in Dex.
Have played him to lvl 10, and liking him so far. Soloing orange cons. :D

Any suggestions? Should I go for slash instead?

O

old.Vae

A thrust paladin would be an absolute blocking machine but you can wave goodbye to even the little damage paladins normally do as thrust styles are on the most part gimped especially for anyone without evade (and a high level of it i.e. Infs).

As for respeccing to slash hmmm you get better styles (amethyst slash) but have low str compared to a highlander paladin. Hmm come to think of it your damage is going to suck either way so it doesn't make much odds. At least you'll be able to engage and block forever with end chant and high dex.

M

mirieth

I've started levelling a Saracen Slash Paladin and it works just fine for me, I can solo orange cons easy, just takes a while :p

G

gwyneth-love

do as i do .. stick with thrust till level 40 then single line respec to slash .,, give you free 54 points ( 3 more in parry for me ) ..

Saracen paladin
48chants.
42Shield.
39Slash.
18Parry.

E

Euthanasia.

I did the same as Gwyneth except used 2hand instead of thrust/shield.

S

Smartypants

Thanks for all the advice, people! I ended up restarting him (at lvl 10) and made a Briton, using slash. Not as conventional as Highlander with slash, but still pretty conventional... :rolleyes:

As Dex never goes up, and Str only every third level, I figured the saracen pala would be a bit gimped at higher levels.

But I have another question!
Switching directly to the same class, but with lower dex and using slash, made something seem painfully clear:
With slash you miss a hell of a lot more often!

My thrust pala missed a little, now and then, but my slash briton misses all the f*ing time! Against an orange con, at lvl 9, I had 10 misses in a row...
So am I just seeing things here, or do you miss more often with slash?? Or is it, as someone wondererd in another thread, that dex affects your chance to hit?? (My saracen hit the level cap in dex, at lvl 10)

F

Flimgoblin

chance to hit is entirely based off of level...

you hit a bad run :)

also your slash weapon might be slower... so it seems worse when you miss?

G

gwyneth-love

Saracen Pala Gimped :clap: :clap: :clap:

Duel me when you hit 50 and reconsider :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom