Thrust Mercanery

Lazza2k5

Fledgling Freddie
In thid do you think a thrust mercanery could be worth makin?, iyou dont see many around and id like to to try and be abit different

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
Lazza2k5 said:
In thid do you think a thrust mercanery could be worth makin?, iyou dont see many around and id like to to try and be abit different

tbh mate,wat makes a merc op in thid is the stun, so imo crush ftw, trust is good, but that stun is a serious advantage to pass up for trust, imo make an inf if ya wanna go thrust :p

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
I'd make one to be different, i think you'd get more respect than rolling a Half Ogre, full str, crush spec for stun style. Getting boring, or better you could roll a slash spec one, haven't seen either spec in ages.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Half ogre pole armsman is hurt in a box

GrafenburgMerc

Fledgling Freddie
Lazza2k5 said:

I cant comment on a Thrust merc as I bave not played one in a while.

I can tell you that I have a Pierce and slash BM (both 24) which are of course similar.

Imho the the weapon skill drop you suffer by going thrust is simply not worth it, from memory my slash BM is 585 and Pierce BM is 488.

Weapon skill is everything to the light tank class so stick to slash/crush. Of course hibs/mids dont have spec AF so it may be a little easier for you to get closer to damage cap.

Regards,

Donlaise - 24 Druid of FSR
Tunderman - 24 BM of FSR

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:
tbh mate,wat makes a merc op in thid is the stun, so imo crush ftw, trust is good, but that stun is a serious advantage to pass up for trust, imo make an inf if ya wanna go thrust :p

NO.

You make a crush merc in thid if you just love winning every fight, Spam the same styles and very boring shit.

Saraceen thrust merc in thid is FUN, Roll one and enjoy it... also you have my praise for trying something not as easy mode.

Trigger, Untill you play a thrust merc and a crush merc and see how faster you drop mid tanks/ chain etc. Then comment ^_^

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
ill drop u with a sheild spec BM :p ya thrust merc is good i guess cause unlike mid u will always find a theurg to gif haste and dam add which means u will hit hard and quick, best combo imo :p

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:
ill drop u with a sheild spec BM :p ya thrust merc is good i guess cause unlike mid u will always find a theurg to gif haste and dam add which means u will hit hard and quick, best combo imo :p

Shield spec bm.. VS dual wield fast hitting.

Answer: No.

You also dont need haste pots to compete.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, make an avalonian crush merc :p, if you own everyone with that one, then you're quite good \(^_^)/ and different :p never saw an avalonian merc

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
An avalonian aint suffering much at thid levels at all actually.

Thats like saying all brit/highlander mercs are useless cause they are way below half ogre str.

Also that extra qui aint to shabby around 24 ;)

Yes i had an avalonian slash merc in thid once ;p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
My merc is saracen thrust...I've only been playing him a few weeks in RVR but damn I hit hard, especially (obviously) on healers and casters.

250 quickness and 101 dex/str means every super-fast hit leaves them gasping for heals...oh and they are so much more fun than the bog standard slash/crush mercs. Styles are very much positional rather than anytime.

:cheers:

PS: Of course, this is at 50!

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
i ment that i could prawn u wit ne thing jamie ..... shield BM was about the most random thing i could get off the top of me head, :p

and as for teh avalonian merc.......NOOOOOOOOO, i mean tbh HP is the most important thing in Bg1 no doubt, i mean there is a reason why a dwarfs are not the first thing ur gonna jump on a line up, i have personally one hit a yellow con saracen pala b4, :p course he was in free armor but sure i would have tried it ne way, there is no way that u will get away with being an avalonian merc, u would be targeted first and drop easy, imo go a highlander 15str 10con ftw screw dex :p u dont need to evade u got DT :p

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
played a saracen thrust mercenary at glastonbury for a while, was mighty fun. Considering rolling one on a real server.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Rhori said:
tbh, make an avalonian crush merc :p, if you own everyone with that one, then you're quite good \(^_^)/ and different :p never saw an avalonian merc

Saw one a long time ago in Thid

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:
i ment that i could prawn u wit ne thing jamie ..... shield BM was about the most random thing i could get off the top of me head, :p

and as for teh avalonian merc.......NOOOOOOOOO, i mean tbh HP is the most important thing in Bg1 no doubt, i mean there is a reason why a dwarfs are not the first thing ur gonna jump on a line up, i have personally one hit a yellow con saracen pala b4, :p course he was in free armor but sure i would have tried it ne way, there is no way that u will get away with being an avalonian merc, u would be targeted first and drop easy, imo go a highlander 15str 10con ftw screw dex :p u dont need to evade u got DT :p

Why go highlander with 15 str ?

You obviously dont understand how important it is to be carefull on creation points on chars =D

I found out the hard way on Jamie ;o

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Rhori said:
never saw an avalonian merc

Name: Twinbladez <Unguilded> Server: Excalibur Race: Avalonian Class: Mercenary Level: 50 RP: 428,075 (RR4L7) Last Week: 874 Realm: Albion Last On: Two weeks

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Why go highlander with 15 str ?

You obviously dont understand how important it is to be carefull on creation points on chars =D

I found out the hard way on Jamie ;o

why not 15str, damage u are a light tank and so it is all about damage output, u could go HO but they are left wanting in dex/qui which i feel at lvl 24 is important,

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:
why not 15str, damage u are a light tank and so it is all about damage output, u could go HO but they are left wanting in dex/qui which i feel at lvl 24 is important,

Right.

Capping quickness is a pain in the arse, getting 101 str is _ALOT_ easier.

15 str, the 5 extra points make no visible difference in damage.. whats more important is the swing cap.

Fair enough if its a char your never your not gonna use past thid.. but thats what i thought about my merc.. and pissed things up by starting with loadsa str.

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
ya only just realised it would suit u very well after i put it up, :p if i find another i will gif it to u :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Increasing your str will not only increase your output damage (on a crush/slash merc), but will increase your weaponskill and therefore chance-to-hit. Once str debuffed, you'll be wishing you had the 15 str.

Having said that, capping quickness means your damage over time will increase.

I'd probably go Highlander if I made a slash/crush merc and even points between str con and qui.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Was speccing most tanks 15stre 10 quick for a while but better off 10 10 and 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom