threewave

O

old.SmoKe-23

3w

It rules!!! :)

Are BW gonna have any 3w servers? Jolt and Savage do already..

O

old.Gibzz

It would make sense for BW to convert the old CCTF servers over, as that is now redundant. Maybe make one in CCTF mode, one in Capturestrike mode or something? See a lot of people not knowing which mode theyre gonna be playing.

O

old.RoganJosh

Come on barrysworld - Threewave is truely excellent, We haven't had a mod this good since Rocket Arena!!

S

SoWat

I particularly like the 'grab-the-quad-and-pummel-like-mad' mini game.

The Doctor Who transition would, I imagine, send epileptics crashing to the floor!

O

old.Eggy[POTZW]

We(POTZW) are all having the same problem with this mod, namely whatever public you go on at least a 3rd of people are playing something they dont want to be. I join a server that playing 3wave, then 10 minutes later im playing cctf against my will ;) . And we seem to be stuck on 16 player servers in alot of places. 8v8 ctf gets very spammy/laggy.

IMO we should be looking into disabling the gametype portal, providing a specific server(s) for each game type. Not sure about map portal, it might work letting players choose maps, or it might mean w2 8 billion times.

O

old.Gibzz

yep thats why i suggested converting the old cctf servers, mebbe one to new cctf style 3w and one to capturestrike or summat and disable the portal voting. All I can see atm is osp servers which have the new maps on it which people prob don't really want. Q3CTF has changed now with the advent of threewave the sooner more servers are up for it the better and properly sorted into correct gametypes.

O

old.POTZW-Diablo

There are some new vanilla ctf servers up to replace the old ones,just i dont think theyve been pimped on the BW site.

213.221.174.66:27960
213.221.174.66:27961

All the new maps are on them.
Always empty though :(

C

Chameleon

See ya there!
The other mods are fun ..... for a while ...... but I'm dyin for some normal ctf :)

O

old.Gibzz

Nooo I'm CCTF only in 3W now adds a new dimension into the game :)

O

old.DIABOLIC

Thanks for the support with the old CCTF V1.12 servers.
Can we please now have a 3wave server instead?

Thanks

O

old.ketaMine

3wave would be ok if it wasn't cctf all the time

:\

O

old.Gibzz

There are a choice of gametype servers only out there if u just want capturestrike etc. I won't pimp other ISPs tho. I would maybe suggest the vanilla style 3w CTF to be catered for more by BW as they have had that traffic for a fair while so seems to make sense. I get the feeling a lot of CCTFers have kinda moved over. I really would suggest giving CCTF a go tho, at first it may seem a bit alien, but it doesn't take long and the added element of the grapple adds that sexy extra dimension ;)

O

old.ketaMine

heh, i'm not too worried, much prefer the features of osp ctf to threewave ctf anyway :)

unless you can set enemycolors in threewave and i've missed it

O

old.Gibzz

Not enemy colours, but u can set enemy model and u also can use the promode skins which come with Threewave, it really has sorted out my config of having Q3 looking sexy in 1024*32bit lightmap, picmip 0 etc without using overbrightbits and all that ghey nonsense to make it look shite hoping to give u an edge and having models easily viewable. Best thing out there imo. Q3 is now looking the way it should have always looked for ppl out there and models u don't have a problem seeing. Just set promode skins in the menu options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom