Threads

M

Maljonic

Does anyone know what happened to the film; is there anywhere you can download it or buy it from a shop?

P

Pippa666

Are you referring to the film that is about the nuclear attack on the UK which was shown back in the 80's ?

*** Pro]v[ asking ***

M

Maljonic

with the melting milk bottles?

edit: yes, that's the one ;)

D

Damini

There was another thread about threads very recently I'm sure... I'd really like to see it, sounds very interesting.

A

Ash!

I remember watching it when it was on in the 80's. It was at the height of all the scare mongering and propagnda about the Soviet Union. It was very scary to say the least

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Damini
There was another thread about threads very recently I'm sure... I'd really like to see it, sounds very interesting.

It's a very real film for when it was made, the way it was made and such gave it a good touch of realism and it does raise some thoughts about the use of nuclear war heads on highly populated areas.

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Sharma
It's a very real film for when it was made, the way it was made and such gave it a good touch of realism and it does raise some thoughts about the use of nuclear war heads on highly populated areas.

Thats its wrong and just plain sick?

D

Deadmanwalking

That or someone was trying to be deep and intellectual :p

J

Jonaldo

Anyone remember a cartoon by the bloke who made 'The Snowman'* about a nuclear explosion and an old couple who survived but ended up wanting to die together or something? It was so many years ago I'm very vague about the whole thing but I'm sure it existed.

*The Snowman was that animation with Aled Jones singing 'Walking in the air' or whatever in the background. (where is he now?)

D

Deadmanwalking

iirc he still lives here (In Brighton) not doing much.

I may be wrong in that mind

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
iirc he still lives here (In Brighton) not doing much.

I may be wrong in that mind
Thought he was from Wales?

J

Jonaldo

Aha found what I was looking for :)

Illustrator was Raymond Briggs. Animated feature was When the wind blows. I remember getting a bit distressed when I saw it and thinking that we were on the verge of a nuclear war or something (aged 11 when it was released so pretty impressionable).

IMDB tells me this about Aled Jones

Aled Jones
29 December 1970
Llandegfan, Anglesey, Wales, UK

Spouse - Claire Fossett
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trivia
Made a duet with himself, recorded the first half of his duet for man and boy, called What Can You Tell Me? when he was a young singer, the recording was then stored away until his voice matured and he became a baritone, he then completed it. The song was played in Christmas 1995.

Although Jones released a popular cover version of 'Walking In The Air' from Snowman, The (1982), the original song that appears in the film itself was sung by Peter Auty.

His wife Claire gave birth to their first child, a girl, named Emilia Fossett Jones. She was born six weeks early. [February 2002]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where are they now?
(2002) Signed a new five album deal with Decca

:eek7: a new five album deal? he's been recording all this time?

Anyway let's get back on topic :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Ah raymond briggs is the geezer who lives down here.

As in the snowman film thingy they are seen flying over Brighton :p

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Aha found what I was looking for :)

Illustrator was Raymond Briggs. Animated feature was When the wind blows. I remember getting a bit distressed when I saw it and thinking that we were on the verge of a nuclear war or something (aged 11 when it was released so pretty impressionable).

I remember reading the "comic" book of this. It was funny in a kind of dark humour way.

It was basicly this story of this couple who got a "how to suvive a nuclear bomb blast" from the government. Then a bomb hit and they did the things as described in the leaflet.

Obviously the radiation zapped them...

M

Maljonic

I'm just going to hide under the stairs if it ever comes to that, and then re-emerge when it's all over.

S

Sharma

Provided your House withstands the initial blast Malj. :D

T

Tom

I met Aled Jones a few months ago. Hes a fantastic bloke, very nice indeedy.

Very rich too, does lots of concerts and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread