(+/-) Thread of SWG. Give info for a possible nuub-ian.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
+

-

Give.

It's simple don't ya think? :D

Thanks!

EDITORIAL: Just clearing the whiskers here. Keep it simple if you don't mind.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
+
Nice skills & XP system
Good graphics
Very in-depth crafting system
It's Star Wars
Frequent updates & new content added

-
Dull
Repetetive
Very unbalanced
Constant changes to skills, classes, mechanics
Tedious
Hardly felt Star-Warsy at all
Too expensive
Quickly feels like work rather than fun
Developers only listen to "l33t" pvp-type moaning players on forums
PVP is rubbish
Looks shit unless you have ninja PC
Crafting system & economy only supports top crafters
Whole jedi system is a joke, holocrons broke the game
Jedi class useless anyway
Whole game packed to the gills with griefers, exploiters and kids.

Adari

Part of the furniture
Pfft granny its not that bad at all. PvP is great fun in SWG, Jedi is being fixed and so are the other professions, which is a _good_ thing. It happens to other games like DAoC too.

Miniman

Fledgling Freddie
+
It's Star Wars
You can do virtually anything you like
Several very different professions you can play
Lots of updates and new content
Not too many Jedi (it's genuinly hard to be a Jedi - as it should be IMO).
Has a long life
Is a massive game, some parts (professions, skills, jobs, equipment etc) are incredibly complicated and have been well thought out
You can choose to solo or play as a team (or even play as part of a city)
You don't have to be a fighter to succeed
You can fight Imps/Rebs and help in the GCW

-
It has an economy, so you need to be aware of making money the whole time (you can't just sit around doing combat all day).
Requires 1GB ram in some areas (but most of the time you can get along fine with a mid range PC).

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
Pfft granny its not that bad at all. PvP is great fun in SWG, Jedi is being fixed and so are the other professions, which is a _good_ thing. It happens to other games like DAoC too.

Sorry, I was just voicing my personal opinions - those were the reasons I stopped playing SWG. I also stopped playing DaoC a while ago mainly due to boredom and I agree that a lot of the things that annoyed me about SWG were true in DaoC too.

For me (and I can only speak for myself) the entire model of MMORPGs is starting to feel a bit old and tired. I think the "EverQuest model" is overdue for a re-think and that the genre needs to come up with a way of keeping people playing for a long time without having to "punish" the player in the way they do now.

I'm not saying I have a solution to this - I'm not a games designer, I'm a vascular biologist - just that I'm not happy with the perpetuation of the existing model. <begin random smiley to make up for long post> :sex:

pig

Fledgling Freddie
granny said:
holocrons broke the game

BINGO!!!

I didnt notice at first... but after my failure at BH and my move from Eclipse and its lag zones to FarStar and its PVP fun
i notice now how much damage holocron's have done... cant wait for them to dissapear but i have a horrid feeling this quest will either be as borked as the hermit himself, or will be as easy as a nuna lair... we shall see

My (+/-)
+
good friends
great crafting system
nice visuals (with decent PC)
get to run about on a dewback with full storm armour yellin Rebel scum!

-
repetative
quests VERY easy with any master combat prof
no goal in PVP (until GCW is fixed)
large amount of idiots (ignore list at 50+ names)
constant nerfs to prefessions
stupid bugs
no loot, and any existing static loot spawns are camped 24/7 by AFK macro looters

granny

Fledgling Freddie
pig said:
BINGO!!!

I didnt notice at first... but after my failure at BH and my move from Eclipse and its lag zones to FarStar and its PVP fun
i notice now how much damage holocron's have done... cant wait for them to dissapear but i have a horrid feeling this quest will either be as borked as the hermit himself, or will be as easy as a nuna lair... we shall see

My (+/-)
+
good friends
great crafting system
nice visuals (with decent PC)
get to run about on a dewback with full storm armour yellin Rebel scum!

-
repetative
quests VERY easy with any master combat prof
no goal in PVP (until GCW is fixed)
large amount of idiots (ignore list at 50+ names)
constant nerfs to prefessions
stupid bugs
no loot, and any existing static loot spawns are camped 24/7 by AFK macro looters

Damn, I agree with that post so 100%, spot on pig :)

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
+ one of the fighty professions gets a club :clap:

- no ice floes :(

I quite enjoy it, its fairly simple and you can have fun. As the others stated though it is a very repetitive game.

Later

Deadman:Reloaded

Fledgling Freddie
spose a reason alot of DAoC players complained that theres no "/lvl" or lame "pl'ing". so really...
+ a game that requires input and a little dedication
and for DAoC players <despite being a one until recently I am an Anti-Pl'ing campaigner lol>
-a game that requires input and a little dedication...plus theres no fotm or "perfect" spec either...might be a + the fact theres no zergs alot of ppl r moaning about on DAoC recently tho lol

pig

Fledgling Freddie
well... fotm is combat medic (or fencer) and Rifleman

Combat meds poisons and disease do not suffer from the PvP damage reduction, or from the DoT nerf that made all other professions DoT specials worthless in PVP... And Riflemen have new powerfull stun rifles that can be enhanced an sliced to deal stupid amounts of damage (one was hitting me yesterday for 550 mind dmg per shot... incapped in 5 shots :/)

Basically at the moment, you cant PVP unless you are CM/Rifle or have a handfull of docs on constant follow with cure macro's running...

Even after you have this "uber" template...
(replace uber with "wank", "retarded" or "I WIN")
you still need 90% comp with 40% stun layers, PSG's, Chef, doc and entertainer buffs and an unhealthy addiction to spices

oh an dont forget the few days you will need to spend exploiting the friggin bat cave with 3rd party macro's to get the all important skill tapes from a pile of shite on the floor :/

pig

Fledgling Freddie
oh btw... this jedi quest shite involves jedi running about killing a set number of critters, ranging from little blurg raptors to the Giant Canyon Krayt Dragons

how little imagination do SOE have???
argggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Miniman

Fledgling Freddie
Bitter? Some people take it far too seriously. You can of course play the game on many levels and hardcore is simply one facet. Of course it's general the hardcore players that come back and say how crap it is at a later date because one little thing annoys them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom